Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

In Kill Team how does melee over something like a barricade work? Is it just combat as normal as long as you're within 1", or does the barricade tweak it somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Floppychop posted:

In Kill Team how does melee over something like a barricade work? Is it just combat as normal as long as you're within 1", or does the barricade tweak it somehow?

It looks like Engagement Range means you just need to be within 1" and have visibility of the target, so measuring from the your model's head and so on. It doesnt mention cover or being obscured. I would say that you can fight over a barricade or even through a window as long as you have "visibility"

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Another thing I just noticed when trying to unscramble these rules for the nth time is that vantage point only allows you to target concealed enemies in Light cover. Concealed operatives in Heavy cover are still protected from shooters on vantage points

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

jassi007 posted:

City was gentrified can't go back.

It's now the Ulfenkarn historical district and the working-class skeletons and heroes have been priced out.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

It looks like Engagement Range means you just need to be within 1" and have visibility of the target, so measuring from the your model's head and so on. It doesnt mention cover or being obscured. I would say that you can fight over a barricade or even through a window as long as you have "visibility"

Yeah and you can't charge something that isn't visible? So you can't charge someone concealed on the other side of light terrain because they don't count as being visible. However, if they were in engage you could charge over(or up to) the barrier?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

moths posted:

It's now the Ulfenkarn historical district and the working-class skeletons and heroes have been priced out.

All the hip people are calling it ULFHID these days

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Mayor Radukar tried to increase tourism with his "Keep Ulfenkarn Dead" slogan but he got voted out and really let go of himself.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
This haunted tavern doesn't even have avocado milk, what the hell? Get with the PROGRAM, like, jeeez.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah and you can't charge something that isn't visible? So you can't charge someone concealed on the other side of light terrain because they don't count as being visible. However, if they were in engage you could charge over(or up to) the barrier?

Visibility, in kill team terms, is just being able to draw a line from your model's head to any part of the enemy model. Line of Sight is the combination of visible, not obscured, and not concealed + in cover, and is only used for shooting attacks. You're right that you can't charge something that's not visible, because you need to be in Engagement Range when you finish a charge move, which includes visibility. So you can charge a concealed operative on the other side of a barrier, but not a solid wall.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

you CAN charge something that you have no visibility on at the start of your activation, provided you have enough movement points (with the 2" bonus) to make it around whatever obstacle and end up within 1" of them and visible to them.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm thinking of getting Blood Bowl 2, but I know BB3 is about to come out in early access. Should I wait? I've heard BB3 has a long way to go.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
BB3 just got delayed to next year, so might as well get BB2 if you can catch it on sale. It goes 75% off or more pretty often.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Man, TBH I like BB Chaos Edition more than 2.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
get the one your group plays. neither one is especially fun to play solo or against strangers.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Cease to Hope posted:

get the one your group plays. neither one is especially fun to play solo or against strangers.

I don't have a group yet. Is there a Goon league I can learn on?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Mapgoons Bloodbowl League is open to any goon who wants to join, with players playing about one game per week in the active league. But it is mid-season at the moment; the next season should be starting in about two months. Goons are always welcome to join to chat BB or just hang out anytime, though.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Cool. Thanks.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Got my bone boys out today, crushed the hated Starspawn Stalkers 2 for 2!

Kainan's Reapers are a lot of fun to play- with both warbands mostly 2 wound fighters, dudes were dropping like flies, it was great. What a bloodbath.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is there a buy/sell thread? I'm looking for 2x Harlequin and 2x Custodes figures for my Kill Team rosters and don't want to buy whole boxes for just those lol.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bottom Liner posted:

Is there a buy/sell thread? I'm looking for 2x Harlequin and 2x Custodes figures for my Kill Team rosters and don't want to buy whole boxes for just those lol.

New harlequins or older than dirt?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Crab Dad posted:

New harlequins or older than dirt?

Either, some of the old mohawk pewter models are pretty sweet! If you have 8 of those I'd take em!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bottom Liner posted:

Either, some of the old mohawk pewter models are pretty sweet! If you have 8 of those I'd take em!

Uh. Let me check. I’ll have to go into the basement and delve into the boxes of wayward metal model. I just saw a few yesterday when I was looking for my squats and they are already cleaned up and primed black.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I’m one mini away from finishing the Cursed City set, which would also be the first complete “set” of minis I have ever painted.

Here’s the duardin guy.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Crackbone posted:

I’m one mini away from finishing the Cursed City set, which would also be the first complete “set” of minis I have ever painted.

Here’s the duardin guy.

Looks great man, what a cool mini.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Well I got Blood Bowl 2 and I'm terrible, but I'm having a good time. :v:

Quick question. For dodges say one human is covered by two orcs. Does the human have to make a separate dodge roll for each player covering him? Or just once?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Travic posted:

Well I got Blood Bowl 2 and I'm terrible, but I'm having a good time. :v:

Quick question. For dodges say one human is covered by two orcs. Does the human have to make a separate dodge roll for each player covering him? Or just once?

just one.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Thanks. Back to fumbling around.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Travic posted:

Thanks. Back to fumbling around.

I dont know how to trigger it, but there's a thing that tells you what rolls you will need and your chances of making it in BB2.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I dont know how to trigger it, but there's a thing that tells you what rolls you will need and your chances of making it in BB2.

By default it displays the percentage chance of success for an action. In my view it is much better for estimating your overall success odds to activate the setting that shows you what dice roll is required to succeed. Reinforcing that your 83% chance is a 2+ roll IMO somehow reminds you that there's a 1/6 chance of failing, because as tabletop gamers we all know dice and how cruel they can be. For some reason it's much easier to feel robbed when your 'almost certain' percentage odds result in a fail than if you just rolled a 1.

It's also better for learning the rules, as the game is based on D6 rolls and not percentages.

You can activate this setting in the gameplay settings menu.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I would also recommend toggling the grid on the pitch - it really helps with tackle zones. Depending on the angle, you might not realize you're trying to dodge out with your AG2 player. :cripes:

You can also toggle the player skill display at the same time, but I find it just kind of clutters things up once you get some advanced teams.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Ok I'll go turn that on. So far I just finished the first game against the Orks in the campaign. It was strange not having turnovers.

I won 2-0, but not before screwing up a bunch including passing the ball (not an interception) to an Ork. I forgot to cancel out of controlling the ball carrier before doing other stuff. I also kept getting glitches where the ball would teleport around/get left behind when the ball carrier moved. It'd just be there floating in mid-air.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

All this talk of Blood Bowl makes me wish there was a 40k equivilant. Mostly just so I could run a team of Adeptus Sororitas who think the goal of the game is to cripple as many of the opposing players as they can, rather than actually score goals.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Randalor posted:

All this talk of Blood Bowl makes me wish there was a 40k equivilant. Mostly just so I could run a team of Adeptus Sororitas who think the goal of the game is to cripple as many of the opposing players as they can, rather than actually score goals.

So Chaos? ( Real answer is dorfs..screw that team and anyone who plays them)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

MRLOLAST posted:

So Chaos? ( Real answer is dorfs..screw that team and anyone who plays them)

Few things can make a person quit BB and never return like playing against a tryhard dwarf player for one of their first games.

IMO dwarves are very much a pub-stomping team. Against someone that's been playing a while they're just a team that you have to use different tactics against. Against a new player they're a slow moving brick wall of "gently caress you".

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Travic posted:

Ok I'll go turn that on. So far I just finished the first game against the Orks in the campaign. It was strange not having turnovers.

I won 2-0, but not before screwing up a bunch including passing the ball (not an interception) to an Ork. I forgot to cancel out of controlling the ball carrier before doing other stuff. I also kept getting glitches where the ball would teleport around/get left behind when the ball carrier moved. It'd just be there floating in mid-air.

Yeah, don't get used to the campaign - it teaches you a lot of bad habits and you don't actually play BB proper until around game 6.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I feel kinda dumb for getting cursed city as my sole WH purchase lol, I just wanted a cool Warhammer quest.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Azubah posted:

I feel kinda dumb for getting cursed city as my sole WH purchase lol, I just wanted a cool Warhammer quest.

Honestly, even though I'm still painting the miniatures in the box, getting Cursed City solely because of the quality of the minis/how rad the game looked---as a mainly 40k guy at the time---was essentially a backdoor into Age of Sigmar with all the Soulblight Gravelord stuff included. And for that, it was a great purchase since it got me into Sigmar more, and I've have wayyyyy more fun with the Sigmar stuff this year than 40k stuff.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone know anywhere good (in the UK) to pick up Palanite stuff for cheap?

I thought it was going to be easy to find on ebay, because they were half of a big box set, but seems like you can only get them at retail? Which is maybe what I do, unless I'm missing some obvious place you guys know about?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Element Games is my go-to. 15% off retail/GW price in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

!Klams posted:

Anyone know anywhere good (in the UK) to pick up Palanite stuff for cheap?

I thought it was going to be easy to find on ebay, because they were half of a big box set, but seems like you can only get them at retail? Which is maybe what I do, unless I'm missing some obvious place you guys know about?

Wayland Games do 20% off and free shipping over £20.

Dark Sphere do 25% off but charge shipping so it's not worth it over Wayland unless you buy big.

Do not buy anything from Wayland that is backordered, their fulfilment of those can potentially take a very long time especially if it's non-GW stuff.