Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MF_James posted:

Ok, I feel dumb, how the hell do you /who all a guild now? Used to be able to put the guild in quotes if it was multiple words but that no longer seems to function correctly, actually I can't seem to who all a guild at all even if it's a single word

Super weird. I know for a fact I did the guild one with zero probs on Mischief a few days ago. Tomorrow I’ll log on and check again. I can’t imagine this would be a time locked progression feature lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I do vaguely recall being able to search zones remotely back in the day. Nice to know I’m not crazy and it was just removed.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Yeah, each zone uses a specific zone map name, same as the files in the directory. At a certain point they stopped working on live / TLp servers. Probably something to do with how they do picks on the server side, too many zones with similar names / new backend names.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea instanced zones and picks is probably why doing /who zone went away

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I’m not sure I’m having fun right now on Mischief but I’m up to 38 Krono! :woop:

Kind of feeling like I’m at a crossroads. I could go full marketboard PVPer and get really into stacking Krono just for the sake of watching number go up. Or I could find ways to get back to having fun like actually playing an alt instead of just collecting gear for them.

I should get back to the Coldain Prayer Shawl. I think I’m up to the 4th but need to grind Tailoring a bit.

The economy seems pretty wacky on the new servers. I'm not sure how the plat price of krono got so high for the servers age and expansion. Maybe the bazaar will bring it down a bit

Also gently caress tailoring. I made a 50 line AHK script to do all the sub combines for making evergreen swatches when I skilled it up. Doing that manually was not an option

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i think the issue is loot is just SO COMMON that plat itself is worth less, because people need to spend less, so krono is comparitively more valuable. im sure theres some smart man economist reason for this

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Solarin posted:

I'm not sure how the plat price of krono got so high for the servers age and expansion.

There was a plat duping bug that some guilds took advantage of.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bahanahab posted:

There was a plat duping bug that some guilds took advantage of.

Yeah, this is the main thing I’m hearing on Mischief. Not this last holiday bonus weekend but the one before I believe was when the price of Krono spiked from 6k plat apiece to 12k overnight. People were buying hundreds of Krono and raising the price by 1k the second they stopped getting responses.

More recently the price seemed to stabilize around the time it hit 16k and has been very slowly creeping up since. At the moment they’re floating between 18-20k depending on the time of day and the urgency of the buyer/seller. It’s been pretty stable for quite a while, no wild swings just a slow steady creep upward.

There’s tons of opportunities to profit if you’re willing to put the time and effort in though. Same as any MMO economy EQ rewards the hell out of specialized knowledge. So if you know the ins and outs of a particular class, which gear pieces are not obvious but highly sought after, you can make money off that. If you know a camp inside and out like I got to know the Head of Shen/Dareb’s Skull camps in South Karana, you can make huge profits off that. The biggest moneymaker will always be knowing more than the people in EC and using that knowledge to buy low/sell high.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Just as a comparison on Aradune at end of velious Kronos were ~11k rising to ~18k at start of pop.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

90% of my krono was made farming deepwater ink during Kunark on Aradune. I spent a shocking amount of time in kedge keep. The thirst people have for those inks is insane.

The other 10% was from abusing a bug where you could kill a mob in an instance and get it to respawn until the named spawned, basically guaranteeing you a single uncontested kill in zones with an Agent of Change like Sebilis. That being fixing was really sad. I don't have it in me to out compete shitlords for high value camps so it was a good backdoor.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yiggy posted:

Just as a comparison on Aradune at end of velious Kronos were ~11k rising to ~18k at start of pop.

Yeah and that was 9 months into the life of the server. The price stayed very stable around 10-11k in Luclin iirc, then exploded immediately when they announced new server of course

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ruh roh.

“Darkpaw Games” posted:

All EverQuest servers will be taken down for up to 3 hours this evening, starting no earlier than 5:45 p.m. PDT for emergency maintenance related to critical server stability issues.

That sounds bad!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-downtime-september-15-2021.277477/

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Bets on live bot armies pounding AOCs and spawning instances being the cause? I'm like 50/50 on that being the root of it.

Got my first raid in with faceless just prior to the shutdown, killed Tunare with one of their splits about 15-20 minutes before they started the announcements.

Raiding is fun, except the lag was brutal the first attempt we made and it caused a wipe, second attempt the lag magically went away and we had no issues.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Had our whole raid formed up ready to start some GoD trial when they tweet out the servers are going down in 2 loving minutes. We didn't have the instance yet so we couldn't proceed without risking the lockout. Of course it takes them an hour and a half to actually bring the servers down and we could have done most of our targets easily if they had given a real time frame in their announcement. Lovely waste of our time

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Solarin posted:

Had our whole raid formed up ready to start some GoD trial when they tweet out the servers are going down in 2 loving minutes. We didn't have the instance yet so we couldn't proceed without risking the lockout. Of course it takes them an hour and a half to actually bring the servers down and we could have done most of our targets easily if they had given a real time frame in their announcement. Lovely waste of our time

Same. We almost said gently caress it and pulled the trigger whoo boy glad we didn’t. It still fucks our schedule for the week a bit.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Maintenance extended two more hours. Gives me time to watch AEW Dynamite on the big TV, so that’s not bad

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Finished up the final GoD raid tonight on Aradune. It is weird having fights which require actual directions to be given. Not many directions mind you, but the change from PoP and earlier style is super apparent. Seem like the designers had a pretty ambitious concept, too bad about the state it shipped.

On the TLP it felt like a nice step up in difficulty with all of the bug fixes, nerfs, player power gains and piles of time gear the typical TLP raiding guild has at the start. Must have been rough as hell to experience originally

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
originally the final gates raid wasnt cleared until after omens, I think TR was the only guild that even killed the first boss (the bosses after it were easier so they got more)

that big emperor guy at the end of the raid was originally a pretty cool, pretty long fight where you spread out and killed specific adds at specific times to replenish your raid's mana except eventually everyone figured out how to kill that guy without any of the gimmicks so we started doin it

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Phinny was my first time experiencing GoD, and it was excellent. The post-launch nerfs + 15 years of power creep + everything already figured out = the right amount of challenge and just lots of fun.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
assisted the guild in a pegasus cloak auction thing for 2 days and didn't even get a cloak myself. AMA

e: of course i get a loving cloak last night when im traveling back through SK because i hosed up in doing my epic.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 21, 2021

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Does anyone have advice for the Tipt GoD mission in era on TLP?

The trash respawns fast and hits really hard. I haven't made it to the final boss yet, but I hear he's rough. I learned how to solo pull the hatchlings which makes that part easy, but random trash is killing me.

I have an enchanter and the charm seems to help. However, I've had a few wipes from loose charm pets. I try to keep enchanter runes up, but it barely helps. I'm tempted to slow the charm pet.

My characters are elemental geared, but don't all have the base survivability AAs (hp/ac/avoidance). Should I grind out the survivability AAs for my dps?

On paper the instance doesn't sound too bad, but each mistake makes me start over. Do I need to keep trying until I get a miracle 'perfect' attempt?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
GoD stuff in general hits pretty hard. It's a big jump going from PoP > LDoN so yes get those AA's asap esp as an enchanter (honestly every character). Charm breaks more in GoD I believe too so another big reason.

I don't know your group set up outside of the enchanter to offer more advice.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Are you boxing a full group? Mistakes can spiral into death even for reasonably geared groups with one player per character. What classes do you have?

I recently did a run as an enchanter and think they really can carry a group in there by locking down everything with mez before fighting. You can mez or root every mob as it runs in, then tash/slow/root then mem blur to clear hate off the enc and just take it at your own pace. Slow is just make or break there, starting the fight with it on is huge.

Defensives on the enchanter are worth getting, and Total Domination is absolutely critical. You can stack Arcane Rune, Rune of Zeb and Uproar on yourself at the same time. If you have a cleric then use bulwark of vie too. This should be enough of a buffer to get a PBAE mez or stun off.

I found the cragbeast easy to charm with tash/malosinia and total domination. If you don't have malo or TD you definitely want to keep it snared. You can also keep a long duration root on it and move it around with summon pet if necessary.

The final boss can do pretty heavy damage even against plate tanks. You just want to plan to have it slowed asap, and pre rune/vie the tank for safety. The pet can be a damage sponge here while the boss is getting debuffed.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Solarin posted:

Are you boxing a full group? Mistakes can spiral into death even for reasonably geared groups with one player per character. What classes do you have?

Yes, I'm boxing a full group. Classes are Paladin/Druid/Enchanter/Rogue/Wizard/Wizard. First three have 400 AAs, but last 3 barely have any.

Druid seems to be working hard, but is constantly casting heals. I think my problem is the non-tanks die too quickly. Paladin can't always help heal because he's trying to regain control.

I'll make an effort to get the survivability AAs for all 6.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
In Tipt (and vxed), the enchanter pet is almost always going to be tanking due to its dps/agro and you'll probably always be spam healing it. Even slowed, mobs in there just chunk its hp down. Even as ench/cleric on Mangler I was constantly chaining complete heals.

It's probably safer for the pet to tank over the paladin, I'd just spam stun to keep the incoming damage lower. Keeping the pet snared by the druid might help.

Slowing the pet is probably not necessary. It's dps is high enough - even solo - that I'd just focus on it rather than trying to contribute with some of the other boxes. A hasted pet is going to do far more dps and that way you can focus on surviving instead of being on a wizard during a charm break.

Enjoy it while it lasts, GoD is like the last great charm expansion and you don't get to charm in KT+.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That would definitely be a challenging class composition to work with. With enchanter as the only slower and druid as the only priest you don't have much margin for error. Should be doable in elemental gear but will require some diligent crowd control, stuns and slows.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Been doing a lot of tipt runs this past week and then prior on test we had some practice runs and those chanter pets are really hard to keep alive without complete heal and even with complete heal the mobs in there can drop a chanter pet in the time it takes to fire off a cheal if it catches you off guard or you start casting too late. And they out DPS and pull agro off our time-geared tanks and monks, easily.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Yiggy posted:

Been doing a lot of tipt runs this past week and then prior on test we had some practice runs and those chanter pets are really hard to keep alive without complete heal and even with complete heal the mobs in there can drop a chanter pet in the time it takes to fire off a cheal if it catches you off guard or you start casting too late. And they out DPS and pull agro off our time-geared tanks and monks, easily.

From what I remember, the best Tipt crushing group I've seen in era was my SK tank, chanter, shaman, necro, 2 beastlords.

With the beastlords doing paragon and the necro doing a bit of pumping we never had to slow down whatsoever.

We did replace a pet here and there but we had so much going on it didn't matter.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Charm, snare, taunt. You can win in Tipt as long as you have those 3 things.

Boxing Tipt yourself is a different matter. You have to be super careful if you’re using a charm pet while boxing a group yourself.

Conventional method would really want to have a Warrior or Paladin for the Kyv Heartstriker. He hits like a motherfucker compared to anything you’ve seen in PoP. Paladin needs to be rolling LoH to hope to stay alive. Full defensive AAs are a must.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

koreban posted:

Charm, snare, taunt. You can win in Tipt as long as you have those 3 things.

Boxing Tipt yourself is a different matter. You have to be super careful if you’re using a charm pet while boxing a group yourself.

Conventional method would really want to have a Warrior or Paladin for the Kyv Heartstriker. He hits like a motherfucker compared to anything you’ve seen in PoP. Paladin needs to be rolling LoH to hope to stay alive. Full defensive AAs are a must.

SK's HT will do half the work on the Heartstriker, it makes the fight a LOT easier since it cuts down the duration. Pally tank with a few SKs would be the comedy option, though it's hard to pull agro off a crit HT with the rolling DOT.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

suuma posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts, GoD is like the last great charm expansion and you don't get to charm in KT+.

What are the specifics of the charm nerfs in Omens and on? I've heard damage is reduced by 60%. Is that accurate and is there other nerfs on top of that? I've never played GoD or beyond so I am pretty curious how it ends up. I expect it can't carry groups anymore but wonder if it's still viable enough to have a niche.

I probably should roll a monk or SK box to go with my shaman, but AAs and gearing from scratch is daunting. I always preferred casters but can see how melee are going to get absurdly powerful with all the stacking buffs coming soon. That plus resists are the fricken worst

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Honestly, the "charm nerfs" aren't really the problem, at least not to me. The issue is where you can actually charm due to charm immunity/mob levels.

In Gates you're basically stuck at tipt/vxed and in Omens you can charm in WoS and MPG. Both of those are fine (and your pet damage is still pretty substantial, even after the nerf), until your friends want to go to Kod'Taz or RSS and your enchanter is now only casting tash/slow and standing around because your monk does more damage in a combat round than an enchanter nuke does in 6 seconds.

Charm is obviously broken as hell from Classic-Gates but even if they reduced the damage further it'd be nice to actually be able to use it in later group content. It might get better later but in TSS there isn't anything charmable in FC or AG and that's the point where I dropped the enchanter on Mangler.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Arae posted:

Yes, I'm boxing a full group. Classes are Paladin/Druid/Enchanter/Rogue/Wizard/Wizard. First three have 400 AAs, but last 3 barely have any.

Wizards are terrible DPS classes going forward just so you know before you invest in getting them AA's. Enchanter's are just buff bots too. Their sole purpose is to tash/slow/clarity. Every Enchanter I knew hated their class from GoD onwards and they became the least favorable class for groups. Charm gets wrecked from now on too. If you're having fun then that is a different matter but I'd think about a major change. GoD and beyond really shifts everything. SK/Shaman/Bard/Monk is the dream team. The last 2 classes sre usually 2 more monks but w/e fits in. Druids get a nice buff soon.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah basically after GoD/OOW casters are just not good, as folks said above enchanters basically everything is resistant or immune to mez/charm/stun. Melee dps keeps increasing well while caster DPS essentially stagnates horribly.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

magic damage has always been balanced really bad in EQ, due to the way spells are basically just flat damage based on level there's incredibly little that they could do to make it scale. Looking at the later spells it seems like they eventually start adding some RNG stuff to the spells to have chances of different effects + procing bonuses and AA stuff helps but yea judging by the spells they get Gates is like a particularly bad time for wiz it seems.

The advantage they bring as a boxer tho is very little micro is necessary for them, they just stand there and hit assist and blast away with little concern for positioning, but you can do similar with a mage who with pet at least adds some consistent melee dmg (no idea how mage pets perform at that level)

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 23, 2021

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Mages actually get pretty good after SoF, Shock of Many is super broken.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Indecisive posted:

The advantage they bring as a boxer tho is very little micro is necessary for them, they just stand there and hit assist and blast away with little concern for positioning, but you can do similar with a mage who with pet at least adds some consistent melee dmg (no idea how mage pets perform at that level)

It's fairly easy to do for melee tbh. They all stack and the puller (99% of the time is your tank that you are in primary control of) just runs in and turns it. You can automate one of the monks special attacks now anyway.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any good necro guides for a TLP server (Mischief)? I seem to recall milestones like pets being able to dual weild, certain ones being a "rogue" and able to backstab, etc. I am also not sure if it's advantageous to give my skelly weapons or any other items.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap Shaman twink weapon on Mischief? (Velious or earlier) Preferably around 10k or less. Current candidates are a Rune Etched Icewurm Fang, Guard Captain’s Mallet or ye olde Jade Mace.

I’d be willing to spend a little more if there’s anything particularly busted. Just looking to slap a haste item, a Fungi and a weapon on and smack things around for 25-30 levels when I’m tired looking for something mindless to do. Doubt I’ll take it too high and if I do I’ll buy proper gear. I mostly just want an Alchemy mule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I always used wurm fang on live when twinking a shaman. Granted having more stuff tradeable may change that up a bit.