Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

toggle posted:

no doubt, on some isolated island in the southern pacific ocean, there’s a baby albatross with a belly full of discarded cock socks

I wonder if some weird poo poo has washed up onto sentinel island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Rich people voting with their wallets. We are solving climate change more and more! It is good to solve climate change.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1440734173703000068

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

quote:

Fires and drought in the Pacific Northwest have contributed to the live Christmas tree shortage in the U.S., with some Oregon farmers losing up to 90 percent of their crops this summer. Meanwhile, broader supply chain issue have impacted the artificial tree market, and the American Christmas Tree Association is warning that fewer artificial trees will be available.

lol this planet is hosed hahahaha

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
i think that chapo trap house is super loving lame, honestly, and the only person i know irl who has ever mentioned them is obnoxious and arrogant as gently caress

they loving named it chapo trap house ffs

500 good dogs posted:

lol this planet is hosed hahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovi1SKwfyxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZ1zZ-drQk

there's a nofx song for every occasion!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

mawarannahr posted:

I wonder if some weird poo poo has washed up onto sentinel island

there was a ship wrecked on the island for a while and the sentinelese took metal scrap off it to make tools

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

All the Chapo interview eps suck

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Marzzle posted:

there was a ship wrecked on the island for a while and the sentinelese took metal scrap off it to make tools

The Sentinelese own. I hope they conquer the rest of the planet someday

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGuhioB9ZE

pole time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

blow it out your rear end

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

have these guys heard of this stuff called green paint?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i dont understand how you have a shortage on fake Christmas trees. we've been using the same fake tree for like 20 years lmfao

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You don't throw it out and replace it? That's tacky

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we once painted it with that silver poo poo in the early 2000's and its nearly all gone now. i still see a small silver speckle from time to time

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Homeless Friend posted:

i dont understand how you have a shortage on fake Christmas trees. we've been using the same fake tree for like 20 years lmfao

Expectation of a demand surge for plastic trees after people who typically shop for disposable live trees can't find any.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Plastic trees should be illegal

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
only emo losers like fake plastic trees

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
christmas trees should be illegal. the war on christmas must be a total war

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZNpO4GGxM

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

If things weren't bad enough it appears Santa's reindeer have all been lost in a mass death event after warming Arctic temperatures and humidity caused a normally benign bacteria that live in their nasal cavities to multiply rapidly and pass into their bloodstream.

I'm also hearing that COVID is running rampant among the elves due to inadequate ventilation in the sweatshop workshop.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Psst! Hey climate despair thread! Want some Epstein poo poo?
https://twitter.com/lakotalaw/status/1440664734571778051
https://twitter.com/lakotalaw/status/1440664738929643524

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

christmas trees should be illegal. the war on christmas must be a total war

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think I already know the answer to this but wondering if anybody had a take on the Chapo interview with Kim Stanley Robinson

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/560-future-histories-feat-kim-stanley-robinson-92021

At one point KSR says he refuses to entertain or think too much about how bad it will get assuming we dont take massive and immediate action now, and talks in hypotheticals of what future economies might look like assuming we do take those immediate civilization-wide actions.

It's kind of a cope.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm impressed. My wife and I considered getting a plastic tree years ago but figured it would turn into plastic flakes after 5 years.

One year when we weren't having any Xmas visitors we just cut some fir boughs, put some lights on them, and hung them in a window. Same smell and the trees are still growing. It would probably make a fire marshal faint though.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm sorry, i mean there should be hope because the United Nations is "Seriously" "discussing" "Climate" "Change" and by 2030 we might have twice as many protected wildlife areas as before. In addition to half of all cars being sold being electric.

I think people would rather just make jokes and come to terms than even bother giving this asinine delusional bullshit the time of day.

Agreed. I only heard a clip from Biden's UN speech where he seemed to be threatening to kill anyone that got in the U.S.'s way so figured BAU for everything else.

I'm curious how much LG's little battery manufacturing problem is going to affect sales of EVs. In addition to advising Bolt owners to keep the battery charge between 40% and 90% and park it outside they've also advising owners on the phone to park their vehicle 50 feet away from anything flammable, like other vehicles. Expect people will start making the sign of the Cross and other warding gestures towards Bolts in the near future.

Good thing I didn't have my hopes pinned on consuming our way out of this problem and can just :lol:.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

So we've apparently run the rest of the nation down so much that the scraps handed to the natives on the grounds that they were too crappy for anyone that matters to want are now worth imperializing. Cool.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Complications posted:

So we've apparently run the rest of the nation down so much that the scraps handed to the natives on the grounds that they were too crappy for anyone that matters to want are now worth imperializing. Cool.

White supremacy is a deathcult child-rape ring that puts the Catholic Church to shame! :thumbsup:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiw6_JakZFc

lol wait till you see the sponsor at the end

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Sedisp posted:

lol, not only are humans letting their own planet be destroyed, they're literally letting child trafficking rings grow in power!

lol, just loving lmao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: wrong thread

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Xeom posted:

wanna be there during that first date where car hater just goes off like a madman. keep shining you bright star.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

staticman posted:

lol, not only are humans letting their own planet be destroyed, they're literally letting child trafficking rings grow in power!

lol, just loving lmao

It has often been pointed out that having a child is one of the least green things you can do well I am happy to announce that with our new Kash for Kidz program we will take your green house gas emitting children and give you one thousand dollars per child that can be used towards the purchase of any number of EVs or solar panel installation!

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Sedisp posted:

no mention of blowing up pipelines, not serious enough

lmao bill gates

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

tiberion02 posted:

no mention of blowing up pipelines, not serious enough

Not serious enough whatever could you mean?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

bowser posted:

The actual conclusion is much worse:

lol!

At this point I truly think the best thing you can do is Live, Laugh, Love and cherish every day with your loved ones.

oops everyone got covid

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hexigrammus posted:

I'm impressed. My wife and I considered getting a plastic tree years ago but figured it would turn into plastic flakes after 5 years.

You can knock em off but it's slow, nothing compared to an actual tree. That poo poo is too much.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kater posted:

wait how much polyester is in adult poop

people eat 21g a week from teh most recent study -- although i wouldnt be surprised to see that significantly higher in some populations and less so in others. famously titled "credit card a week". a good portion of that is probably just going to pass through, the other portion absorbed into your cells like lipids, liver, who knows.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
seriously

I can eat more polyester than any infant and I refuse to be shamed by them in this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sedisp posted:

It has often been pointed out that having a child is one of the least green things you can do well I am happy to announce that with our new Kash for Kidz program we will take your green house gas emitting children and give you one thousand dollars per child that can be used towards the purchase of any number of EVs or solar panel installation!

lol

Xaris posted:

people eat 21g a week from teh most recent study -- although i wouldnt be surprised to see that significantly higher in some populations and less so in others. famously titled "credit card a week". a good portion of that is probably just going to pass through, the other portion absorbed into your cells like lipids, liver, who knows.

i wanna know what percentage of me is plastic