Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress OFF kurzegesesagagtn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of4ozIIjvQA

"and i smiled through the breaking of my heart"

i'm pretty happy joey cook failed her suicide attempt

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Alobar posted:

i think that chapo trap house is super loving lame, honestly, and the only person i know irl who has ever mentioned them is obnoxious and arrogant as gently caress

Matt is good and the most well read on climate change. Check out Cushvlogs, he has been talking about it recently in them.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

people eat 21g a week from teh most recent study -- although i wouldnt be surprised to see that significantly higher in some populations and less so in others. famously titled "credit card a week". a good portion of that is probably just going to pass through, the other portion absorbed into your cells like lipids, liver, who knows.

21 grams.... the wieght of a soul leaving its' body... makes u think

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpTIrx6uAA

the way the host just spits out "during rush hour traffic" when talking about some protestors in this clip made me lol a bit

then i got to this bit and went full lol. lmao.

that is a motorist on the m25 hitting somebody and [...] that's a price you think is worth paying. to, not only for a life to be lost, but for the impact that would have on a driver trying to go about their normal business. can you imagine the impact of that?"

lol. lmao.

and then the hosts attack the guy for not having his own home insulated yet. lollllllll

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Sedisp posted:

Not serious enough whatever could you mean?

Vote. Just like when you voted for Biden just so he could continue to coddle fascists and drill for oil.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
omg they accuse him of being a fascist for his milquetoast attempts to achieve systemic change through peaceful protest

hahahahahahhaha

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Cold on a Cob posted:

omg they accuse him of being a fascist for his milquetoast attempts to achieve systemic change through peaceful protest

hahahahahahhaha

The status quo is the ideal end of history perfect democracy that is good forever more and is wonderful freedom and justice for all. Changing the system would only drag it away from this perfection. Only fascists want that.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Cold on a Cob posted:

the way the host just spits out "during rush hour traffic" when talking about some protestors in this clip made me lol a bit

that is a motorist on the m25 hitting somebody and [...] that's a price you think is worth paying. to, not only for a life to be lost, but for the impact that would have on a driver trying to go about their normal business. can you imagine the impact of that?"

lol. lmao.

and then the hosts attack the guy for not having his own home insulated yet. lollllllll

comments turned off :thunk:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

These folks used to stay at my old home (*that was listed on the underground train network) whenever they rolled through town. V cool people. Had a v cool dog, as well (Loki). Good to see them still doing their thing (*its been a decade since I saw them)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
there's clearly no hope to fix anything. the equilibrium will be reached when enough people die and enough of industrial society collapses that there is no net increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. there is no other significant force that will cause a decrease in the amount of CO2 created. it's also an underdamped system, so you'll get huge excursions from that eventual equilibrium as well. it is possible that equilibrium is at a point where all life is dead, and it is likely that the excursions will kill off most of humanity.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinkin Arby's

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Stereotype posted:

there's clearly no hope to fix anything. the equilibrium will be reached when enough people die and enough of industrial society collapses that there is no net increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. there is no other significant force that will cause a decrease in the amount of CO2 created. it's also an underdamped system, so you'll get huge excursions from that eventual equilibrium as well. it is possible that equilibrium is at a point where all life is dead, and it is likely that the excursions will kill off most of humanity.

Woah buddy calm down. How 'bout a Fresca?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i am not actually thinking arby's i just think it's funny to respond to bleak statements of fact about the horrific reality we live in with comical suggestions i want to suck down meat preserved in bags of fat slime

kind of like getting stabbed and going "mmm mmm mmmm..........i'm lovin it"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol I just realized that the Fermi paradox is easily answerable. Clearly all other intelligent life's great filter was stinky rocks and the entire galaxy is a mausoleum.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Remake of The Postman (1997) called The Voteman, about a man who wanders the wasteland of America inspiring hope by telling people to vote.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bowser posted:

Remake of The Postman (1997) called The Voteman, about a man who wanders the wasteland of America inspiring hope by telling people to vote.

Who will play Tom Petty?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

Who will play Tom Petty?

Robert Redford

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Lol I just realized that the Fermi paradox is easily answerable. Clearly all other intelligent life's great filter was stinky rocks and the entire galaxy is a mausoleum.

had same thoughts this weekend

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

When a species of deer overextends the carrying capacity of their ecosystem they just make local bears happier. Why'd we have to blow that up to such an exponentially stupid degree

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a22APyrjAGM

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Communist Thoughts posted:

All the Chapo interview eps suck

adam curtis is ok cause hes interesting. otherwise yes they are trash interviewers.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Communist Thoughts posted:

https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/14/15/4508/htm

Good deconstruction of the GND

It then goes up its own rear end with "what is to be done? Embrace a satisfying future of manual labour and becoming one with the earth" lol

Forgot to rip on this

quote:

history shows that virtually all important achievements have only ever arisen from a dogged pursuit of the seemingly impossible

I wonder what kind of achievements they're thinking of. Like... All the impressive walls, monuments, buildings, machines, etc. made with free energy from slave labor and/or oil?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

so what you're saying is

Cold on a Cob posted:

things aren't that bad, yet

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol. lmao.

This is a bad look. If you get invited on as the climate change believer and don't laugh uproariously at every question posed you're embarrassing yourself

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This is a bad look. If you get invited on as the climate change believer and don't laugh uproariously at every question posed you're embarrassing yourself

how long until climate change activists start self immolating like buddhist monks? can't wait for shitlords to start making fun of them for that because even though i expect it in my lifetime it's still gonna be a crack ping for me.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Cold on a Cob posted:

how long until climate change activists start self immolating like buddhist monks? can't wait for shitlords to start making fun of them for that because even though i expect it in my lifetime it's still gonna be a crack ping for me.

Next time I get fired (ayyyyyy)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Cold on a Cob posted:

3 Years ago Rest in Power David Buckel

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Perry Mason Jar posted:

3 Years ago Rest in Power David Buckel

ffffffffffffuuuck oh yeah that guy. it felt more like a straight up suicide than an act of protest, which is pretty dumb of me given his suicide note but maybe that's how the media was framing it at the time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I skimmed this video and it's like blatantly clear that the activist dude is an actual genuine real life person and the 3 hosts are pampered manicured primped fascist mouthpieces who ought to be

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I skimmed this video and it's like blatantly clear that the activist dude is an actual genuine real life person and the 3 hosts are pampered manicured primped fascist mouthpieces who ought to be

The pink fascist says they're terrorists just like the suffragettes were.

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RIP Syndrome posted:

Forgot to rip on this

I wonder what kind of achievements they're thinking of. Like... All the impressive walls, monuments, buildings, machines, etc. made with free energy from slave labor and/or oil?

the invention of the graphics processing unit

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
He really is a coward though, he kept following them. Activism is pointless, let's get that out of the way. Anyhoo, who cares if his own protestors die? They are taking that risk. They will die prematurely, as their children will, and they had no choice in that. In this at least they get to exercise choice. Who cares if an old lady died cause she couldn't get to hospital cause of protests? How many seniors died in England in the heatwave two summers ago? How many will die when the roads split in half, and loving nobody can get to hospital? I think he's a little squeamish for activism. He invokes Churchill and war but doesn't see it as a war at all or else doesn't know what war is.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
today a friend and i went out for lunch. he was complaining about personal liberties* because ontario has proof of vaccination requirements for dining in restaurants now. i was kind of annoyed about his whining so i said something like "you ain't seen nothing yet, i promise that in the next decade or so we'll be talking about this as the good old days because one way or another our lives are going to get a lot less free thanks to climate change"

he said something like "isn't the government doing stuff about this though? there are lots of windfarms in alberta now and we get our power from nuclear and hydroelectric" and i just kinda loled and shrugged but i didn't press it

*he's not an anti-vaxxer or anti-masker specifically but he's experienced a lot of racism so he doesn't trust cops or anything that even smells a bit like "papers please"

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

He really is a coward though, he kept following them. Activism is pointless, let's get that out of the way. Anyhoo, who cares if his own protestors die? They are taking that risk. They will die prematurely, as their children will, and they had no choice in that. In this at least they get to exercise choice. Who cares if an old lady died cause she couldn't get to hospital cause of protests? How many seniors died in England in the heatwave two summers ago? How many will die when the roads split in half, and loving nobody can get to hospital? I think he's a little squeamish for activism. He invokes Churchill and war but doesn't see it as a war at all or else doesn't know what war is.

so how many pipelines/big oil execs have you blown up so far

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Captain Gordon posted:

Ah the ol something is better than nothing!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Climate and COVID are twins in the foreclosure of civil liberties and the enclosure of the working class into its transformation into serfs and lower castes. Policies which claim to be in place to remediate climate and COVID are farces, ineffective, outright lies, only effective in establishing, developing, entrenching fascism. None of the policies, mind you, solve either problem even a little bit. So don't laugh at your friend too much, he is at least resisting this unnecessity of enslavement, justified by these illusions of benediction, even if only a little.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Captain Gordon posted:

Second sentence bozo. I was far too young when those things would've mattered and they wouldn't have mattered then either unless there was magically, somehow popular support for those actions. Which there never was because the media was captured and ManBearPig lol Al Gore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cold on a Cob posted:

wow look at all the co2 that fire created. such a hypocrite