Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/humbleakh_1/status/1305194318840369155?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Are there any good sports movies that are widely considered to be fascist?

*Not good, but the movie misrepresents (everything, but also) the Syrian sniper's Olympic record

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

Well, three things:
A) the inconvenience of changing who you're paying might not be so big a deal, if it saves you ten thousand dollars over the life of your loan, right?
B) If you have at least 20% equity, you don't have to pay PMI, which is a big deal, so an appraisal that gets you there is worth it even if you stick with that same bank, and
C) how do you know if the terms you're being offered are good or not, if you're not comparing them to several other banks? And not just "this is better than the terms I got when I got a quote last month" because again, prices and rates change daily.

I've refinanced three times, btw, so I'm not pulling all this out of my rear end. I'm not trying to berate you, though, and you're gonna save a pile of money with this refi so it's all good man. This is just a relatively frequent conversation had in the homebuying thread so I'm familiar with the arguments.

Yeah no PMI with them either. No additional money down or origination fees (which we may throw some at it anyway since we saved up a fuckton over the past year). I appreciate any input and I definitely don’t feel put down! Sometimes doing lengthy shopping is stressful and time consuming and neither of us have a ton of reserves on either haha. And even at the current rates we definitely will have achieved what we set out to do without having to monitor rates every single day.

I’ll check out the thread though. It surprises me how much of SA I never explore sometimes.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
When I refi'd, I stuck with my local credit union, even at the cost of a tenth or two of a percent because they don't sell them, and I guess the difference between 2.5 and 2.65 is calculable, over 15 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I like having a local branch where I've been a customer for over a decade dealing with thing I live in in case someday I have some issue where it'd be great to talk to the person who can fix it, and also that my servicing fees stay local.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

LeeMajors posted:

Still love my Gators but yeessh….one sided relationship.

You deserve to be with someone who knows how special you are and treats you like a queen. FACTS!!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Skwirl posted:

I was a much more hard-core Seahawks fan when I lived in Oakland than when I moved back to Seattle. Part of that was my work schedule allowed me to go to sports bars on Sundays with enough tvs I could wathe the games and get absolutely blasted and didn't work until noon the next day.

I'm a huge Raiders fan despite never living in Oakland because my grandpa's from there and loves them more than the Seahawks. Lol Seahawks games stress me out unpleasantly so I don't normally watch them unless I'm with my giant Seahawks fan grandma. :( Grandpa's Raider fandom was fun in the 80s for them but at least they have always been united against John Elway.

I'm really going to miss her. So far she's holding steady but I'm still going down this weekend for however long, at least to support my grandpa.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

I saw my mom die from ovarian cancer when she was 45 (well she made it to 46 by 4 days). Seeing my mom lie on a bed withering away is something I can still see 23 years later. Absolutely no shame in turning into a crying mess once in a while, even years after she's gone. Best you can hope for now is to keep her pain down, and try to have a few more good moments while you can. Cancer scares the gently caress out of me, and it can strike at any time. Your mom definitely deserved a longer life than this, and I'm sorry you have to see her this way.

I had something typed out about how horrible it was watching my fiancé degrade mentally in hospice but I don’t think it’s really fair to post the hosed up details right now while TK69 is just dipping his toes into that whole thing. TK, just know that as countless posters have reassured me a few months ago, grief is a weird rear end roller coaster and it’s different for everyone. However it hits you is perfectly okay, it loving sucks but you’ll come out the other end of it one day.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This is not parody, it is fact.

https://twitter.com/showmetheyamz/status/1440796393266839552?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Can't be let down if you never have any expectations! I have a hoodie that says," Root for .500", and it doesn't even work anymore.

My family in Effingham is all Cubs/Bears fans so you better believe I've heard some woe from their end

I went up to visit this summer towards the tail end of that huge Cubs losing streak and I thought my aunt was going to throw something at the TV

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm a huge Raiders fan despite never living in Oakland because my grandpa's from there and loves them more than the Seahawks. Lol Seahawks games stress me out unpleasantly so I don't normally watch them unless I'm with my giant Seahawks fan grandma. :( Grandpa's Raider fandom was fun in the 80s for them but at least they have always been united against John Elway.

I'm really going to miss her. So far she's holding steady but I'm still going down this weekend for however long, at least to support my grandpa.

There's a decent group of people in the Seattle area that are Raiders fans because back when there weren't crazy TV deals (aka before Fox got into the business), the Raiders were prominently featured on one of the Seattle TV networks, and due to blackout restrictions, Seattle often wasn't aired because they didn't always sell out their games.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think the woman I was going on a date with tomorrow has ghosted me. :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

drat. Ghosting a doctor. That’s loving powerful.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
At church one of the other teachers asked the 4th grade boys what they would name a star if they had the opportunity, and the first answer offered was “Jimmy the Butthole”. Not sure what the teacher was expecting…

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

At church one of the other teachers asked the 4th grade boys what they would name a star if they had the opportunity, and the first answer offered was “Jimmy the Butthole”. Not sure what the teacher was expecting…

They got that Name a Star scamsprograms. Let that kid know that goal is achievable.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Send her a link to goatse.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

They got that Name a Star scamsprograms. Let that kid know that goal is achievable.

those are all basically scams, yup, but maybe a kid would enjoy it anyway, if you can jive giving money to scammers to write a thing in a book and on a web page in exchange for the joy of a child

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think I have to talk with one of my foreman. He has this tendency to start emailing me and texting me at like 7 at night and most of what he sends barely makes sense. Pretty sure the guy is getting drunk and sending me a bunch of bullshit and I’m tired of it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fartknocker posted:

Send her a link to goatse.

But what if she replies, intrigued?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think I have to talk with one of my foreman. He has this tendency to start emailing me and texting me at like 7 at night and most of what he sends barely makes sense. Pretty sure the guy is getting drunk and sending me a bunch of bullshit and I’m tired of it.

100% that is whats going on. Just say you will only communicate between 9 and 5 and ignore anything sent outside of those hours if they aren't crystal clear.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea. I already texted back that I’d call him tomorrow about it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Maybe he's hitting on you? Can't stop love on the jobsite

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

But what if she replies, intrigued?

Sounds like a win-win

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe she’ll send back goatsette

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Jimmie the Butthole is a great name for a star. Good reminder that stars don't care about you, they will just as soon burn you to a crisp as provide you with millennia of live-giving energy

Someone (vaccinated) tested positive for covid today who was in our office on Monday The office next to mine actually, although we had no close contact. WFH the rest of the week baby!!

Anyways

https://twitter.com/scottbudman/status/1440715886197817353

:murder:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jesus that thing is still going on

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jesus that thing is still going on

It only started like a week ago...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Somewhat related, I think someone in my building regularly gets rip-roaring drunk, orders Grubhub/Postmates, then promptly passes out before it arrives. At least once a week there’s a delivery bag in the lobby around 9-10pm that sits there for a day or two before it’s finally chucked. That’s gotta be an expensive habit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Watched a hell of a match tonight, and after it was over, I hear my son yell HELP from his bathroom. I run in and the cold water bathtub faucet handle is in his hand and water is gushing out of the hole. I ran and turned the water off to the house, we cleaned up the mess, and called a plumber who will hopefully come out tomorrow. He's already said that he might have to cut through the sheetrock in my son's closet to get to the pipes. For now, we're leaving the water off and going down to my parents for our water/bathroom needs.

Hope your evening was less eventful.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Incredible content

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/en0K3Qg.mp4

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

It only started like a week ago...

I just meant the whole Theranos saga in general. I hadn’t heard that the trial started.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The Star Wars Voices anime is really fun

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1440854722458570752?s=20

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

There's a decent group of people in the Seattle area that are Raiders fans because back when there weren't crazy TV deals (aka before Fox got into the business), the Raiders were prominently featured on one of the Seattle TV networks, and due to blackout restrictions, Seattle often wasn't aired because they didn't always sell out their games.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. The only NFL game I've ever been to was a Seahawks/Raiders game I can't remember because I was like 4 and I got a ton of beer poured on me by someone which seems about right for any team playing at the Kingdom in the early 90's. My dad's family are all grim Bills fans so it never mattered much there.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tulalip Tulips posted:

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. The only NFL game I've ever been to was a Seahawks/Raiders game I can't remember because I was like 4 and I got a ton of beer poured on me by someone which seems about right for any team playing at the Kingdom in the early 90's. My dad's family are all grim Bills fans so it never mattered much there.

My mom took us kids to a Seahawks preseason in the kingdome and every adult around us was drunk as gently caress to the point she took us home in like the 3rd quarter. I honestly can't remember but my mom tells me that story a lot.

I wanna take my nephews to a Kraken game, but will need to go to a few to get the vibe so my brother doesn't hate me lol

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

My mom took us kids to a Seahawks preseason in the kingdome and every adult around us was drunk as gently caress to the point she took us home in like the 3rd quarter. I honestly can't remember but my mom tells me that story a lot.

I wanna take my nephews to a Kraken game, but will need to go to a few to get the vibe so my brother doesn't hate me lol

I feel like the Kingdom was an environment created solely to make adults drunk and endanger children.

I work a few blocks away from Key Arena (I will never call it Climate Pledge Arena, that's loving dumb) so I pre-emptively already hate the awful traffic that's gonna jam up my commute home. My very close friend got some tickets so I'll tag along for at least game with her since hockey is more her sport than mine and I can always have fun getting drunk and watching sports.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My very close friend got some tickets so I'll tag along for at least game with her since hockey is more her sport than mine and I can always have fun getting drunk and watching sports.

I think of the main sports hockey--if hockey even counts as a main sport--is the one that benefits the most from the in person experience from a watching a sport standpoint (ignoring gameday experience and fans yelling and such).

Everything is so much faster than you think it is and it's much more obvious in person.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll second that. In person pro hockey was shocking after a lifetime of only experiencing it through TV.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Seconding hockey being one of the best sports to watch live. I lucked out seeing a Bruins-Red Wings game at ice level and that poo poo is fast. Also, Tomas Holstrom was loving tall when he's on skates.

Oddly enough since I post in TFF the most on the SAS forum, I haven't seen a football game live. From what I understand it's very stop-and-go and since there's no camera changes it feels kinda herby-jerky. At least it's supposedly better than baseball live (which I actually do enjoy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Football and baseball are very different things to watch live. I don't know which i would say I like more, probably baseball because it's summer and sitting in the sun drinking beer is something to appreciate when living in PNW