Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Ben is hurt I guess. When is he gonna just go away.

Women in bathrooms have been asking that for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
five years ago

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'd like to see what Ben playing at age 44 would look like for a few series.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Did you guys know Anthony Gonzalez is a fuckin GOP congressman? lol

what did he get his BA in philosophy in? AYN RAND THOUGHT

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1440822611127144455

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cheapening the NVP by giving it to a confirmed cheater.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

those headshots look goofy as hell

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

five years ago

My QB, George Costanza

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

He’s finally won the greatest trophy in all of football

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Four years ago

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/897204232188710913

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Children gave the NVP to the most boring player. The next generation is already ruined.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He's no Trubisky.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Silly Burrito posted:

He's no Trubisky.
Only the titty kisser is the true NVP.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Codependent Poster posted:

Cheapening the NVP by giving it to a confirmed cheater.

It's disgraceful imo.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

half cocaine posted:

Did you guys know Anthony Gonzalez is a fuckin GOP congressman? lol

what did he get his BA in philosophy in? AYN RAND THOUGHT

He's not running again since he's being primaried for voting go impeach Trump

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1440720910709784579

lol well we'll see. If Fields is mediocre I wonder what they'll do.

Bustin Fields

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I didnt see this posted yet

https://defector.com/fake-vaccine-cards-are-a-real-problem-for-the-nfl/

posted:

There’s good reason to believe some number of NFL players have used fake vaccine cards, and teams’ protocols aren’t designed to catch them.

Fake CDC cards, often ordered online, are big business and growing, and two NFL agents who work for different agencies told Defector that players they represent asked them for help getting a fake vaccine card. (Both agents declined to do so.) One of those agents said that his client asked him about getting a fake card because a teammate of his had used one. “He was like, ‘Oh well my teammate’s got this fake card. Should I just do that?’” the agent said. “I’m like no! Just get vaccinated!”

This player was interested in getting a fake because he had just been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list for being a close contact. Two days after the conversation with his agent, the player got COVID himself.

posted:

This player was interested in getting a fake because he had just been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list for being a close contact. Two days after the conversation with his agent, the player got COVID himself.

Based on what that agent learned from his conversation with this player and others similarly shut down as close contacts in 2021, he estimates that 10–15 percent of players have a fake vaccine card. “I think it is a lot more common than people realize,” he said. “Look, you’re talking about the NFL. These guys do anything they can to fudge a weed test or a PED test.”

A third NFL agent told Defector that he hadn’t directly heard of any players using fakes but assumed it was probably happening. We spoke in the morning and that same night, the agent texted me back with an update: “Was told by a player tonight that a big-name guy on his team has a fake card. Players know.”

There's a bunch more about asking team trainers about IDing fake cards and such and they all said some form of "if they don't look fake I'm not going to go fishing". Also because the government didn't set up any kind of accessible database there is no way to verify that the shot actually went in people's arms even if they have a card (that we know of)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

There's a bunch more about asking team trainers about IDing fake cards and such and they all said some form of "if they don't look fake I'm not going to go fishing". Also because the government didn't set up any kind of accessible database there is no way to verify that the shot actually went in people's arms even if they have a card (that we know of)

Trying to think if there's are any players with a predilection towards breaking the rules and embracing pseudo-science that might be on a "100% vaccinated" team.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Andy's gonna have his lung punctured before the end of the season.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

fsif posted:

Trying to think if there's are any players with a predilection towards breaking the rules and embracing pseudo-science that might be on a "100% vaccinated" team.

Not Very Protected award

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nodoze posted:

This sounds like a situation that will resolve itself throughout the course of the season, tbh

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

It’d be weird if one of their teammates is currently in the protocol for testing positive, wouldn’t it?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Nodoze posted:

New York did, the excelsior pass. Pretty simple stuff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the steelers need andy dalton

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That would explain why there are so many breakthrough cases

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not surprising since everybody But niners fans was saying it already, but yet more confirmation

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1441039657798705167?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cavauro posted:

They need Cam. Too bad he won’t get vaxxed because I would bet he’d have gotten a call this week from someone.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At this point Dalton is solidly better than Cam and Roethlisberger.

Nov 6, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Not surprising since everybody But niners fans was saying it already, but yet more confirmation

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1441039657798705167?s=21

This still doesn't make any sense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This still doesn't make any sense.

Just one of those things that'll be true up until Tre outperforms Mac

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For what it's worth that guy works the Pats beat, not the SF beat.

His sources are probably not located in California for the most part.

e:

quote:

Jeff Howe

...is the author of “If These Walls Could Talk: New England Patriots.”

Those walls don't talk buddy, they only listen :v:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/9/23/22689186/john-elway-denver-broncos-ownership-stake-1998-bezos

$36M for 20% of an NFL franchise and he turned it down

quote:

When Elway retired in 1998 following a Super Bowl XXXIII win, the Broncos were so desperate to keep No. 7 as a part of the fabric of the organization that ownership made their quarterback an offer: $36 million, in exchange for 20 percent of the team. Had he taken that offer his stake in the team would now be worth $750 million.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In all fairness that amount would be a fairly significant percent of his total earnings who knows how much of that was liquid. Seems like an article to put down John Elway's decision making which is clearly not good but acting like spending $36m of your own money is a no-brainer when you're a journalist for SB Nation making 50k a year or whatever is pretty hilarious.

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

journalist for SB Nation making 50k a year

hah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yeah I'm all for making fun of Elway but that doesn't seem like a good reason

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

In all fairness that amount would be a fairly significant percent of his total earnings who knows how much of that was liquid. Seems like an article to put down John Elway's decision making which is clearly not good but acting like spending $36m of your own money is a no-brainer when you're a journalist for SB Nation making 50k a year or whatever is pretty hilarious.

The dividends are liquid even if the principal is not. If Elway had taken the stake he'd have made a shitload more, but I kind of agree that these writers are taking the piss. Elway was from wealth, nobody worth a drat should cry for his bottom line

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why anybody would expect a horse to be good at investing anyways.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

Looking back though it's simple horse sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eifert Posting posted:

Fun fact: they put peanut butter in his mouth during post game interviews so it looked like he was talking!