Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1440507407185047557

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

he’s right

his actual quote is along the lines of “james bond is a poo poo role for assholes and women/minority actors should be given good ones instead”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he’s right. he just forgot to add that it shouldn’t be played by men either

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

wtf is mara jade

Shes cool

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
I feel like the Star Wars sequel trilogy was founded on the incorrect premise that it needed to be a stealth remake of the original trilogy more than an actual sequel to the Original trilogy.

Half of the reason the Mandalorian went over like gangbusters is that despite how much S2 was diluted by them setting up spinoffs, it felt like an actual sequel to the not just the originals but the prequels as well.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Its also a real waste of talent, I rewatched Attack On the Block this weekend and Boyega is a lot of fun, too bad he had to play the star wars clown

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jetto Jagga posted:

God bless gay Elvira

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jetto Jagga posted:

God bless gay Elvira

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

get their asses al

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CPFortest posted:

I feel like the Star Wars sequel trilogy was founded on the incorrect premise that it needed to be a stealth remake of the original trilogy more than an actual sequel to the Original trilogy.

Half of the reason the Mandalorian went over like gangbusters is that despite how much S2 was diluted by them setting up spinoffs, it felt like an actual sequel to the not just the originals but the prequels as well.

The Last Jedi was the only sequel that actually acknowledged the failure of the jedi in the prequels, i feel like its the only sequel that gets it even partly right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
l movie redeemed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

In every movie they tease James Bond getting killed, but that jerk keeps coming back. The public demands the death of the imperialist terrorist James Bond. Kill James Bond!

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Elvira coming out creates more lesbian representation, fine, that's great. But it also takes away representation from the severely underrepresented group of funny straight women

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Elvira is a funny bisexual woman

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Is James Bond really that Imperialist? Like of course the real life British intelligence that he glorifies is. But all James Bond does in his movies is kill CEO's. Seriously all of his villains are capitalist billionaires who want to enslave everyone in the manner of their particular fetish. Bond does more damage to the capitalist class than any western leftist ever has.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Charles Stross appended an essay in that vein to one of his Laundry books, essentially Blofeld bemoaning Bond as a post WWII Labor government asset against free market actors who threatened state held industry.

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mameluke posted:

Elvira is a funny bisexual woman

Again, already a well-represented group compared to funny straight women

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

galagazombie posted:

Is James Bond really that Imperialist? Like of course the real life British intelligence that he glorifies is. But all James Bond does in his movies is kill CEO's. Seriously all of his villains are capitalist billionaires who want to enslave everyone in the manner of their particular fetish. Bond does more damage to the capitalist class than any western leftist ever has.

The evil CEOs are always represented as overreaching, or Bad Ones, implying the existence of Good Ones

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/sweetboymurphy/status/1440499727536033795/photo/1

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I had forgotten how good the "Dollars" trilogy was.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

being told elviras bisexual like its some kind of revelation is like being told she was from the midwest im just left going uhhh so what

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i can't wait for a james bond that doesn't gently caress

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Judakel posted:

i can't wait for a james bond that doesn't gently caress

a james bond that doesn't gently caress is like a blender that doesn't blend

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

omg star wars visions is super fun

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/d0nni3d4rko/status/1413266103955042304?s=21

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
We should no longer allow the British to indulge in imperialist reveries. Once we have PROMESA-style boards running their country we should dissolve James Bond as an institution

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Someone needs to make an exploitation movie where Bond is sent to Cuba during the Revolution and he just gets wrecked by the revolutionary movement. Che could punch him and Fidel steals his girl.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

omg star wars visions is super fun

upgrading my review of this to the best use of the IP since empire strikes back. it's way better than it should be

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i say swears online posted:

upgrading my review of this to the best use of the IP since empire strikes back. it's way better than it should be

its exactly as good as it should be given the studios involved

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

a james bond that doesn't gently caress is like a blender that doesn't blend

he channels his volcel energy into shooting real good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

The theme song get stuck in my head sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWexi-DWFQ

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

maybe nathan j robinson was onto something by firing this dum dum

https://twitter.com/craig_rangoon/status/1441032800061296641?s=21

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Atrocious Joe posted:

Someone needs to make an exploitation movie where Bond is sent to Cuba during the Revolution and he just gets wrecked by the revolutionary movement. Che could punch him and Fidel steals his girl.

There was an old Soviet pulp series where (not) James Bond was the villain. Don't remember any details tho

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

oh come on

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

poop culture

poo poo stick means "a thin stake or stick used instead of toilet paper" for anal hygiene and was a historical item of material culture introduced through Chinese Buddhism and Japanese Buddhism. A well-known example is gānshǐjué/kanshiketsu (lit. 乾屎橛 "dry poo poo stick") from the Chan/Zen gōng'àn/kōan in which a monk asked "What is buddha?" and Master Yunmen/Unmon answered "A dry poo poo stick".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit_stick

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

anyone else watching this squid game show on netflix? its pretty good so far, 5 episodes in. kinda similar to the alice in wonderland show that is also on netflix about DEADLY GAMES but while alice veered into inmensely stupid territory quite quickly, this show has been pretty grounded so far and goes in interesting directions with the premise. plus it has insanely high production values, really good acting, good writing etc. its good poo poo

it also the kind of show cspam loves where the real villain is capitalism

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao @ chris pratt

charlie is good casting tho

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1441168482112966661

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

the only italian is Spike, hmm

:thunk: