Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

cptn_dr posted:

I think we can all appreciate a new era of Candlejack-posti

It can't possibli go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular meme.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Code Jockey posted:

i am very much not in the right state of mind to look at this image right now

that dog's not in a good state to look at anything right now

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

cptn_dr posted:

We're through the looking glass here, people. Candlejack is full of combina

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Being goons, we are going to drive Candlejack posting int

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

You’re doing incredible work. Thank you.

Edit: just meant overall not this particular meme

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"I'm gonna need more rope. You're not very bright, are you?"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Hey, some of us had to use channel 4, because this signal was too strong on channel 3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

flavor.flv posted:

394. We're coming up on the 18 month anniversary!

Zazi was totally right, and he made the thread what it is today

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Candlejack posting isn't funny and neve

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

drat, when was the last time I thought about Candlejack posti

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Is this an American thing, a youth thing, or both?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Antitonic posted:

Is this an American thing, a youth thing, or both?

Basically, Candlejack is a m

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's a reference to a cult hit American show, and it's for us olds - the meme was already considered kind of past its prime even back when fark.com was super relevant, so it's kind of like disco making a comeback

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Just gonna ruin two jokes here:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CPColin posted:

Hey, some of us had to use channel 4, because this signal was too strong on channel 3:

I always wondered why there was even an option for channel 4. I have never met anyone on earth that used 4.

I also have wondered for years if UPN actually stayed on the air because video games were giving it ratings. But it was probably only channel 3 around here. :ms:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Hrist posted:

I always wondered why there was even an option for channel 4. I have never met anyone on earth that used 4.

I also have wondered for years if UPN actually stayed on the air because video games were giving it ratings. But it was probably only channel 3 around here. :ms:

Yeah. Channel 3 was just a test pattern for the local TV provider. They'd air city council meetings, or telethons and special events once or twice a year.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hey Cosgrove, how come you never got married?

I like cheese too much.

you could get married and eat 64 slices of American cheese.

..... I think im blind

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hrist posted:

Only Nielsen households would have contributed to the ratings and I assume they had a way to sift out people using VCRs, playing games, etc.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I lived in an American area that was close enough to Canada where we'd get a CBC as one of the broadcast channels so we'd have 4 to choose from.

Then again, IIRC the family tv also had 10 channels sooooo…

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Hrist posted:

look at this freak with UPN on channel 3, everyone knows the real UPN was either channel 8 or 16 or sometimes both, somehow

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lobok posted:

Only Nielsen households would have contributed to the ratings and I assume they had a way to sift out people using VCRs, playing games, etc.

They had something for the nes rf adapter to pass through their box, but there was nothing on channel 3 to begin with.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Wait Nielsen families had a device to record it for them? In Canada they just sent you a booklet and you had to self report

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Eh, this was like the late 90s / early 2000s, it might have been different before.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

Man that takes me back. I think I first read a Candlejack post on loving 4chan of al

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Eh, this was like the late 90s / early 2000s, it might have been different before.

I was talking about in 2010

:canada:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

womb with a view posted:

Wait Nielsen families had a device to record it for them? In Canada they just sent you a booklet and you had to self report

They used the books in the states as well. The hardware devices are a much smaller sample size to help correct the self reported stats since you can't cheat them.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mactheknife posted:

look at this freak with UPN on channel 3, everyone knows the real UPN was either channel 8 or 16 or sometimes both, somehow

Look, things were weird growing up in the midwest. Simpsons merch everywhere. But we didn't even get the channels that aired reruns all week. At one point we were so deprived we had to live off of Drew Carey Show memes. And those can only carry you so far!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Deeters posted:

Just gonna ruin two jokes here:

lol

I need to rewatch Freakazoid now. RIP Ed Asner :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey Freakazoid, wanna go to the cafeteria and have two spaghetti meals in one day?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hrist posted:

SNES on 3, Genesis on 4, duh.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dewgy posted:

SNES on 3, Genesis on 4, duh.

Look at Captain Single Child over here with his 2 consoles in the 90s.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Infinitum posted:

Look at Captain Single Child over here with his 2 consoles in the 90s.

Well now I had a Genesis and a SNES, and I was the middle child. We weren't rich, we had rich aunts who took pity on us and gave us their kids' consoles when they each got N64s.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
stop saying his name!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

InsertPotPun posted:

stop saying his name!

Who's name?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Rarity posted:

Who's name?

Captain Single Child

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

seiferguy posted:

lol

I need to rewatch Freakazoid now. RIP Ed Asner :(

Teen Titans Go did an episode last year (titled "Hugbees") where they brought back Freakazoid, Cosgrove and the Lobe (with original voice actors.)