Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Grandpa fight was good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god, justin

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's why Justin is always so distracted. The stink... it yearns...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of stink,

Travis shall now be known as Onion Boy

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Finally starting Aethersea and it's so nice to have Adventure Zone back.

The theme song has no right being as good as it is. Genuinely moved by it, outside of the context of this silly underwater adventure. Just a perfect crescendo and beautifully layered tune.

Also Justin's always embraced mid-life-crisis energy. Works for him imo, keep leaning into it precious McElory.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Grimace is the representation of the darkness that lives inside all of us."

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

The World Inferno posted:

The theme song has no right being as good as it is. Genuinely moved by it, outside of the context of this silly underwater adventure. Just a perfect crescendo and beautifully layered tune.

It slaps unbelievably hard. This reminded me that I wanted to rewatch the trailer, so I did and I wonder if these guys are supposed to be the Ether-ified people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqx1FTBauE&t=89s

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

El Jeffe posted:

It slaps unbelievably hard. This reminded me that I wanted to rewatch the trailer, so I did and I wonder if these guys are supposed to be the Ether-ified people:

I think they said the trailer was done before they recorded actual episodes, so my assumption is that anything after the Quiet Year setup is not represented there. Like there's clearly 3 PC-ish characters, but they don't really map to the actual PCs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, the song is Claire de Lune with some extra fun mixed in.

It was bound to be good on that alone.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Seen in GBS:

CPL593H posted:

That Starburst commercial from like 15 years ago where the guy sings the berries and cream song is a meme again.

That's basically zoomer memes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Berries and Cream Tok has become genuinely amusing with some really well done mashups and remixes.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

El Jeffe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqx1FTBauE&t=89s

I think that's meant to be vapour suits if anything.

It was cool to rewatch that though having heard the actual show now. I'm so happy TAZ is good again!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Berries and Cream Tok has become genuinely amusing with some really well done mashups and remixes.

It's been interesting watching the actor try to monetize the meme. Helps that he's a dancer who tends to do pretty avant garde stuff. Don't expect it to be good, but it should be interesting to check in on in say a month and see how it's going.

So far it's long-form improvised YT vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5XueSDtCJk

OK this one is hilarious:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7007977274674810117

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 22, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/thezonecast/status/1440736659134246923?s=21

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I have no memory of whatever original commercial this berries and cream thing is based on so this entire bit is just baffling to me.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

really good news, ethersea has been a return to form and it'll be nice to spend some time with it without every arc taking 6+ months

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Entropic posted:

I have no memory of whatever original commercial this berries and cream thing is based on so this entire bit is just baffling to me.

I think it was starbursts. They were doing a creamy starburst or something? I’m like 55% sure on this

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
RE: this week's Munch Squad, I would 100% try the Panda Express Orange Chicken sandwich. I'm thinking some sort of pickled vegetable topping to go with it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Good to see they're sticking with the release schedule. Even the first season drug all to hell when they had the long delays due to kids and whatnot. I'd venture that the second and third runs would have been better received if they kept pumping them out, but I can see where that wouldn't be viable.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Starburst did a whole slew of commercials that were wacky and surreal in the early 2000s. The Berries and Cream one was one of the more memorable because of the jingle and high pitch squeling.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 23, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryjpbd4D4bg

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Call me crazy but I love Griffin’s made up yahoo’s at the end

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

eke out posted:

really good news, ethersea has been a return to form

looking forward to seeing which brother will be portraying a transwoman of color this time (joking aside, I’m glad people are having fun with Ethersea)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

Call me crazy but I love Griffin’s made up yahoo’s at the end
i dunno why he's making them up when they just moved over to reddit

https://twitter.com/asscredit/status/1404554985233391619
https://twitter.com/asscredit/status/1420007382072102914

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Warbird posted:

Good to see they're sticking with the release schedule. Even the first season drug all to hell when they had the long delays due to kids and whatnot. I'd venture that the second and third runs would have been better received if they kept pumping them out, but I can see where that wouldn't be viable.

I’m guessing they’re recording big chunks at a time so Griffin has ample time to score and edit the show. The amount of work involved for Griffin would be insane if he had to do it all in a week.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TL posted:

I’m guessing they’re recording big chunks at a time so Griffin has ample time to score and edit the show. The amount of work involved for Griffin would be insane if he had to do it all in a week.

Even like... planning out the sessions for a longer D&D campaign is a ton of work (though maybe easier here since he isn't using any maps). My group burns through the material I have prepped really fast if we play every week.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TL posted:

This, also I'm betting they have other people edit the show now (MBMBaM definitely does). The biggest factor is probably just COVID: they really thought they were gonna be doing live shows again by now, and live shows are the reason they all quit their jobs.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

more falafel please posted:

This, also I'm betting they have other people edit the show now (MBMBaM definitely does). The biggest factor is probably just COVID: they really thought they were gonna be doing live shows again by now, and live shows are the reason they all quit their jobs.

the brothers had other jobs right before COVID?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok Comboomer posted:

the brothers had other jobs right before COVID?

No, Justin, Griffin, and Clint quit their jobs because they could make enough money from touring/books/merch/podcast ads that they didn't need to work their other jobs. That was well before COVID, but then they went and missed out on two years worth of touring income.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

more falafel please posted:

This, also I'm betting they have other people edit the show now (MBMBaM definitely does).

they even had an editor for the later Monster Factory episodes

kind of odd that there doesn't seem to be a credit for this anywhere

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Empty Sandwich posted:

Kind of odd that there doesn't seem to be a credit for this anywhere

Alright folks, place your bets on the over/under for how long this takes to become the drama of the week. We’ll also be having a side pot for whoever gets closest to actual on the time to apology.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Warbird posted:

Alright folks, place your bets on the over/under for how long this takes to become the drama of the week. We’ll also be having a side pot for whoever gets closest to actual on the time to apology.

It already is on Reddit, someone I talk to about TAZ mentioned there's drama because Rachel (who they have mentioned before in MBMBAM) is never actually given a formal credit

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Empty Sandwich posted:

they even had an editor for the later Monster Factory episodes

kind of odd that there doesn't seem to be a credit for this anywhere

?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Pretty sure Clayton edited every Monster Factory episode, and they've mentioned him a lot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I am absolutely shocked someone was making poo poo up wholesale

Just blown away

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
McElroy fans upset over nothing? Shocking!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Went to check, and even the later Polygon cards credit Clayton.

Anyway, don't they still do big thank yous at the end? Why would they thank Montaigne and not their editor if they had one?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They have credits on their website.

https://www.themcelroy.family/pages/staff

:lol: at the brother's titles.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ACTUALLY I heard that Clayton had to insert those credits himself against the McElroys' wishes!!!!!!! THEY wanted to credit it to Wendy's, who finances all of their art-stealing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The titles are funny but those pixel avatars are atrocious