Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

CannonFodder posted:

The only characters shown with simple cartoony faces are tremendously powerful: Saitama's bored face, Tatsumaki's brat face, Watchdog Man's bored face as he dispatches Garou(sp), and now Fubuki's gleeful revenge face.

i think her "that's a lot of fireballs" face is also extremely powerful

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Sexy Fubuki is Ok, but cartoon Fubuki is infinitely more powerful and I hope she will be drawn that way more often. :hmmyes:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The little chibi gremlin versions of characters drawn when the panels are real small are consistently my favorite part of manga with some artists.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Shadow0 posted:

It always seems like 90% of the thread speaks Japanese. Or maybe everyone just looks at the pretty pictures? I don't understand the desire to spoil yourself and then rush to the thread to potentially spoil everyone else when the translations are usually pretty quick.

One Punch Man is deffo a manga I'll check out the RAW for because the art is so good

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
New translated redraw chapter up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/IYxg3zQ/1/1/ with a new introduction of Fuhrer Ugly to Sweet Mask.

This also looks to be the last redraw for this current volume, so we should be getting new chapters from here on out.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Murata has been busy... working on a OPM short animation!

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1440944255011225601?t=s7lZlSGf3pZGrfu2wMYPSA&s=19

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He should just do season 3 tbh

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Speaking of Season 3, I wonder how they're going to handle it. There's about enough content for a season at the moment, but the arc's still not going to be over for a long while at the way it's being paced. I wonder if Murata will get a bit if a nudge to speed the pacing up a bit sometime soon so more anime can get made.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

This was basically a new chapter, so I'll take it!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

TheLoneStar posted:

Speaking of Season 3, I wonder how they're going to handle it. There's about enough content for a season at the moment, but the arc's still not going to be over for a long while at the way it's being paced. I wonder if Murata will get a bit if a nudge to speed the pacing up a bit sometime soon so more anime can get made.

There is far more than enough content for another 12 episode season based on how many chapters were covered by season 1 and 2.

Prevailing wisdom that I've seen is that season 3 would likely end at the redraw chapter of orochi vs Saitama.

But it will be strange to have an entire season that takes place over a couple hours of time (likely the case for season 4 which would all be s class vs cadres)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

lol

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That explains all the redraws, a dragon apparently granted his childhood wish to be an artist but he's cursed to draw constantly or he dies. :hmmyes:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Owns

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

I just discovered that chrome's text-to-speech function works for japanese and am extremely amused by this relevation

animation's cool too

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Revins posted:

I just discovered that chrome's text-to-speech function works for japanese and am extremely amused by this relevation

animation's cool too

I mean TTS is just Hatsune Miku

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That day was truly the day Genos earned Saitama's respect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

But it will be strange to have an entire season that takes place over a couple hours of time (likely the case for season 4 which would all be s class vs cadres)

This has never been a problem in the history of any shonen series ever

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Zzulu posted:

I mean there's more animation in that clip than all of season 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

This has never been a problem in the history of any shonen series ever

Haikyu had an entire season dedicated to a single game if volleyball and it ruled.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This whole planet is going to blow —

— in five minutes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah Im pretty sure literally every sports anime of all time has spent if not the entire season, at least most of it, on a single game at one point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I might be fully wrong, but I recall Kaiji spending like a decade on a single game in the manga?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I might be fully wrong, but I recall Kaiji spending like a decade on a single game in the manga?

That was Akagi, I think.

Same mangaka, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

That was Akagi, I think.

Same mangaka, though.

I want full context on this, because I was trying to find it 2 weeks ago and couldn't. I thought it was something like 3 months for a single move in a card or shogi game or something.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The first chapter of the mahjong match between Akagi and Washizu was written in 1997.

It finished in 2017.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
There is nothing stopping them from making a season with whats been redrawn, and further more they can just use One's webcomic if they need more stuff

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
I'd rather they wait the extra year for the MA arc to finish, then release a single 24 ep season to cover the whole thing at once. A third season that ends with Saitama beating Orochi would be pretty boring, it would just be the heroes clowning all comers.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I'd rather they wait the extra year
It'll probably be at least another two or three years at this rate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Schwarzwald posted:

The first chapter of the mahjong match between Akagi and Washizu was written in 1997.

It finished in 2017.

That's just how it feels to play mahjong.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's just how it feels to play mahjong.

If someone suggests playing a south game it's not immoral to kill them.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Schwarzwald posted:

If someone suggests playing a south game it's not immoral to kill them.

South games are more fair and promote better play patterns :colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mdct posted:

South games are more fair and promote better play patterns :colbert:

A wise man plants a tree starts a South game so that his children may eat its fruit pass the game onto their children.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

New Raw:

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496539355756

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This looks well worth the wait.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation is up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/C0GbYAO/1/1/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Young Bang basically being the villain of a shounen story is fun. Genos is killin me, so sad :<

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
thump thump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Really good redraw/restructure chapter. Bang backstory is good.