Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've had a recurring dream where I am press ganged into working at a Wal-Mart storeroom. This storeroom is multuple stories high and the employees love in pallet shack tenements built high up near the rafters and sleep on straw mats. In last night's dream I learned that Wal-Mart had been commissioning PS2 editions of every major game release since the end of the PS2's life, specifically so that storeroom employees wouldn't know that there were new consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I've had a recurring dream where I am press ganged into working at a Wal-Mart storeroom. This storeroom is multuple stories high and the employees love in pallet shack tenements built high up near the rafters and sleep on straw mats. In last night's dream I learned that Wal-Mart had been commissioning PS2 editions of every major game release since the end of the PS2's life, specifically so that storeroom employees wouldn't know that there were new consoles.

lmao. but also i really want to play ps2 bloodborne.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

i was probated so by now i forgot some details but basically:

one dream involved shiggy being incredibly pissed off about unauthorized copies of super mario 64, so he personally went around destroying anything that might be or contain an illegal copy. i found this out while i was hanging out with someone who to troll pointed at a dog that was taking a poo poo and said "that dog is nintendo, and the turd is super mario 64". immediately shiggy appears driving a car and drives up the curb into the sidewalk, perpendicular to it, aiming for the turd. the poo poo is way too close to a wall so the car smashes the front against it, with the wheels unable to run over the poo poo. so shiggy just backs off and smashes into the wall again over and over in a frenzy. im about to tell him but i realize hes not paying attention to anything, putting all his focus into ramming the car back and forth into the wall, never able to run the turd over. he doesnt even look angry, just very determined.

a different dream had a whole bunch of stuff unrelated to any game, but two sections were separated by a sequence where a luigi with a huge round but squished face, and in the middle of it has g-man's facial features from hl2, shows up. he seems to be making an interlude like hes presenting a twilight zone short, talking cryptically as the gman usually does. heres my attempt at recreating this "luig-man":

Lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

had a long dream that went a lot of places, but at one point i was playing a version of Hitman where you had a Portal Gun in your arsenal and i was having a blast using it to drop potted plants onto guards to knock them out, teleport them into locked rooms and confuse the hell out of them in the process, etc.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

had a long dream that went a lot of places, but at one point i was playing a version of Hitman where you had a Portal Gun in your arsenal and i was having a blast using it to drop potted plants onto guards to knock them out, teleport them into locked rooms and confuse the hell out of them in the process, etc.

this sounds kind of awesome

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

symbolic posted:

this sounds like a triumph. i'm making a note here: huge success.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a dream a girl came to the forums asking for advice after she gave her boyfriend a nonsensically large amount of cash, 480 million yen, that she said was the equivalent of $25000 to spend at a convention and he "betrayed her trust" by spending it all on an anime themed xbox series s. All the replies were asking her why she had that amount of cash on hand and what it was supposed to be for. My guess was funko pops but I woke up before she replied.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

obviously she got the money from the millenium tower incident and he was supposed to spend the money to achieve his dreams.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

dreamed that i was back in high school and every day after class i'd take the subway (that my irl city doesn't have) to an out-of-the-way vintage games store owned by Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. one day i asked him how he went from starring in the show to running a back-alley video game shop and he got visibly depressed and started shrinking until he vanished completely.

lol Fosters Home ftw.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dreamed all the Paper Mario games came out on Steam in a surprise release and I was mildly surprised but not particularly interested. I felt like it was a bit wrong and hoped this wasnt a sign Nintendo was going full multiplatform so I logged on to see what the Imp Zone was saying.

My concern was assuaged when it turned out that Paper Mario was actually partially owned by HAL Labs and they had the right to port it to PC for some obscure copyright reason involving the Paper characters not being the "real" characters and a recent court ruling that you can't copyright paper.

While browsing I noticed there was a hot new posting trend where people would reply to posts with "burble de burble", which apparently represents the rumbling in your stomach in between farts when you're having a good fart session. This was meant to signify that the post was so beneath notice that it wasn't even worth farting on, even during a carefree farting session, so the poster was deliberately holding it in so as not to waste it. Lyle and a couple of other people were just burble de burbling at every post in the thread and I was trying to understand whether Mario was going multiplatform or not and it was really hard to read the actual facts and information amidst the endless torrent of burble de burbling. Eventually I joined in and posted "burble de borble" thinking it added some fun sounds and variety and I got probation for a month for ruining the burble de burble.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed all the Paper Mario games came out on Steam in a surprise release and I was mildly surprised but not particularly interested. I felt like it was a bit wrong and hoped this wasnt a sign Nintendo was going full multiplatform so I logged on to see what the Imp Zone was saying.

My concern was assuaged when it turned out that Paper Mario was actually partially owned by HAL Labs and they had the right to port it to PC for some obscure copyright reason involving the Paper characters not being the "real" characters and a recent court ruling that you can't copyright paper.

While browsing I noticed there was a hot new posting trend where people would reply to posts with "burble de burble", which apparently represents the rumbling in your stomach in between farts when you're having a good fart session. This was meant to signify that the post was so beneath notice that it wasn't even worth farting on, even during a carefree farting session, so the poster was deliberately holding it in so as not to waste it. Lyle and a couple of other people were just burble de burbling at every post in the thread and I was trying to understand whether Mario was going multiplatform or not and it was really hard to read the actual facts and information amidst the endless torrent of burble de burbling. Eventually I joined in and posted "burble de borble" thinking it added some fun sounds and variety and I got probation for a month for ruining the burble de burble.

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

burble de borble

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

burble de borble

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lfmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Fact: You can't copyright paper

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

burble de borble
                  V

^
                                                                                        burble de burble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Holy poo poo lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Had a dream I was playing a new 4x game that was like civ but it was all monkeys. Like all the gameplay was nearly identical but all the units and world leaders and advisors were all monkeys and would occassionally pop up with text boxes saying "ooo eee eek" or other monkey stuff. I remember being really delighted with it and thinking about how I could kick everyone's rear end since I was the only one who realized this was just civ but with monkeys. When I got to a certain point in the game though suddenly it took me to a screen inside the monkey senate building and told me to "Customize your senator" so I took a long time looking at all the monkey hairstyles and monkey suits before confirming, at which point the camera moved over slightly to the next monkey in line and a little bar filled up saying I had successfully customized 1 out of 278 monkey senators at which point I got really angry and woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

Had a dream I was playing a new 4x game that was like civ but it was all monkeys. Like all the gameplay was nearly identical but all the units and world leaders and advisors were all monkeys and would occassionally pop up with text boxes saying "ooo eee eek" or other monkey stuff. I remember being really delighted with it and thinking about how I could kick everyone's rear end since I was the only one who realized this was just civ but with monkeys. When I got to a certain point in the game though suddenly it took me to a screen inside the monkey senate building and told me to "Customize your senator" so I took a long time looking at all the monkey hairstyles and monkey suits before confirming, at which point the camera moved over slightly to the next monkey in line and a little bar filled up saying I had successfully customized 1 out of 278 monkey senators at which point I got really angry and woke up.

Lmfao