Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
when I see that MTG pick it immediately makes me think of hte music video for Comfortably Numb lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lady Militant posted:

im actually being sincere i would like to know why you guys get mad at the same set of 42 year old yuppies in the subforum across the river everyday. doesn't it get boring?

I believe zoos are unethical irl and won't support them but it is an educational and hilarious experience to go on succ cuck safari

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Do some people still believe that weapons are not being used against diplomats? Ask yourself what's more probable: a mass delusion among a bunch of diplomats in different locations reporting these very strange symptoms, or weapons causing these symptoms? Just because the US does bad poo poo doesn't make Russia and Cuba good or make them incapable of these kinds of attacks.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

when I see that MTG pick it immediately makes me think of hte music video for Comfortably Numb lol

If you start dark side of the moon so the mgm lion roars right when ashley babbit gets shot,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the MTG pic at first just made me think her toes were under sand but the zoomed-in version made it look like something horribly wrong happened there

500 good dogs posted:

Do some people still believe that weapons are not being used against diplomats? Ask yourself what's more probable: a mass delusion among a bunch of diplomats in different locations reporting these very strange symptoms, or weapons causing these symptoms? Just because the US does bad poo poo doesn't make Russia and Cuba good or make them incapable of these kinds of attacks.

lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

this kind of credulous little baby brained moron is 100% exactly how we went to war with iraq and there's no object permanence or pattern recognition there to acknowledge that maybe the people telling us about all the terrible dangerous things the Others are doing might be lying to us for personal gain god drat it lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

500 good dogs posted:

the correct answer is "A mass delusion"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ram dass in hell posted:

this kind of credulous little baby brained moron is 100% exactly how we went to war with iraq and there's no object permanence or pattern recognition there to acknowledge that maybe the people telling us about all the terrible dangerous things the Others are doing might be lying to us for personal gain god drat it lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Eggplant Squire posted:

Havana Syndrome is like the real test to see who has a little tv with cable news in their head where their brain is supposed to be

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

500 good dogs posted:

nixon republicans like this are actually preferable to Clinton's new Democrats

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This is totally normal, right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

the correct answer is "A mass delusion"

or mass hangover

or they're all just old as poo poo because we live in a gerontocracy and their bodies are breaking down for entirely natural reasons

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sometimes I wonder/hope whether any of the people swallowing the havana syndrome are teetering on the edge of disillusionment with media narratives and how many of them will learn literally anything from being led to believe in magic cuban headache space lasers, and how many will just drop it and immediately forget about it once the next stupid mainstream conspiracy gets airtime on major networks

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Sometimes I wonder/hope whether any of the people swallowing the havana syndrome are teetering on the edge of disillusionment with media narratives and how many of them will learn literally anything from being led to believe in magic cuban headache space lasers, and how many will just drop it and immediately forget about it once the next stupid mainstream conspiracy gets airtime on major networks

BlueAnon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WideAsleepNima/status/1441063240931360776

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

The book wasn't called EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR HEADACHE RAYS AND THE MICROWAVE-INDUCED MADNESS OF CROWDS, after all

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nah that's morgellon's

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
if i had an untraceable headache ray i'd use it to gently caress with sports games and make a killing betting the under instead of targeting state dept weirdos, but i guess that's why i'm not the dictator of cuba

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

these embassy workers have no spoons to give

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

I believe zoos are unethical irl and won't support them but it is an educational and hilarious experience to go on succ cuck safari

ill keep this in mind

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Yeah this is kinda how my journey was, but I started out even farther to the right thanks to being raised with ultra-conservative parents

oh cool, we finally found how are u's main account

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Plank Walker posted:

if i had an untraceable headache ray i'd use it to gently caress with sports games and make a killing betting the under instead of targeting state dept weirdos, but i guess that's why i'm not the dictator of cuba

ah gently caress the NFL has the weapon and has been using it on Thursday Night Football games

this explains everything!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

KomradeX posted:

This is totally normal, right?

For a Democrat? Yes.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

lmao

of course, right before this post, someone confidently stated that no one in US News actually believed that havana syndrome was a real thing

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
lmao, imagine the howling if Trump had thrown refugees into Gitmo. Thunderdome needs to re-open so we can rub their noses in all the wonderful things voting blue got them

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/itsjefftiedrich/status/1440727067566370821?s=21

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

all👏of👏this👏

Not if you care about what's going to be posted and the whole point is to read and respond to it, especially in an extremely active forum. hold your horses lol

sticking the closed threads is to give folks a chance to notice and bookmark if they want instead of suddenly finding it and it's like halfway done or something

open the thread you coward

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

open the thread you coward

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

there was one of those stupid political compass memes that had the pattern of "everything is X, except actual X, which is good", anyway the one for libertarians was "everything is slavery ,except actual slavery, which is good"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

I literally cannot imagine someone being posed this question and not answering "mass delusion." it's literally the simplest and most salient explanation

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

World War Mammories posted:

I literally cannot imagine someone being posed this question and not answering "mass delusion." it's literally the simplest and most salient explanation

And if communists can cook the brains of CIA agents? Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

World War Mammories posted:

the simplest and most salient explanation is that this is a scam to get the cia more money and everyone knows it because who's going to stop them