Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loving government and their helmet mandate, im not hurting anyone but myself on this atv

*does a front flip onto fleeing migrants, killing half a dozen people*

Nichael posted:

Everyday, I inject myself with a vial of Havana Syndrome (Code Red Mountain Dew) so I can work up a natural immunity.

I like Code Red :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Plank Walker posted:

you would think that our own intelligence agencies could just whip up a few million bots telling the haitians NOT to come here and nip this whole problem in the bud

Unfortunately, they are incapacitated by Havana Syndrome right now.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

a newscaster whose face says "please god do not dump my books?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

Wait, is the prevailing opinion in CSPAM now that Hillary’s campaigning was so bad it retroactively changed history so that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election?

And y’all call other people tankies, good lord.

okay this one has me stumped

what is the ostensible through-line of logic here

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lastgirl posted:

every democrat's take or spin is always distilled to this:

literally do not get why there has to be debate or argument when you basically just go "you do get how that's worse right" forever at them because ego/pride or whatever hosed up neurological issues democrats have that insists on them being so intransigent (other than being beholden to capital, the underlying psychological motive stated corroborates to this) to actual political will on the same loving issues for decades.

They're trying to convince themselves.

Democrat voters believe, as an article of faith, that as bad as the Republican party is, the Democrats are better. They can not accept the idea that the Dems are as bad or worse than the Republicans. To crack-ping and accept this idea would send them spiraling into an abyss of existential dread and depression, so fortify their mind against any sort of "Dems actually bad" ideas.

The reason why the Succ Zone makes D&D so angry is that every time we talk about how Tara Reade was raped or how Donald Trumps concentration camps were built by Obama and left open/expanded/made worse by Biden, its like firing a cannon at the walls of the fortress of their mind. This is why they have to ban any sort of "Dems bad" discussion in D&D (and to be fair, in every other forum as well) because if those walls fall, the abyss will take them.

We, on the other hand, have already been crack-pinged thoroughly and have made our peace with the abyss, so it isn't scary for us anymore.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

okay this one has me stumped

what is the ostensible through-line of logic here

That obviously RussiaGate was a very real thing that happened and it was 100% Putin (and Bernie's) fault that Hillary "lost" the election through literally zero fault of her own.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't care about D&D but the 10+ pages of D&D derails is so annoying.

that's what i was getting out but didn't want to be impolite

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

foreign election interference has been a given since at least the days of the Cold War, and it's sexist and infantalizing to say Abuela needed special treatment to achieve the same goal as a black man in the same position eight years prior

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Organ Fiend posted:

Democrat voters believe, as an article of faith, that as bad as the Republican party is, the Democrats are better. They can not accept the idea that the Dems are as bad or worse than the Republicans. To crack-ping and accept this idea would send them spiraling into an abyss of existential dread and depression, so fortify their mind against any sort of "Dems actually bad" ideas.

The reason why the Succ Zone makes D&D so angry is that every time we talk about how Tara Reade was raped or how Donald Trumps concentration camps were built by Obama and left open/expanded/made worse by Biden, its like firing a cannon at the walls of the fortress of their mind. This is why they have to ban any sort of "Dems bad" discussion in D&D (and to be fair, in every other forum as well) because if those walls fall, the abyss will take them.

We, on the other hand, have already been crack-pinged thoroughly and have made our peace with the abyss, so it isn't scary for us anymore.

Dems are actually bad but I still think republicans are worse. There isn't 1 republican that isn't a complete ghoulish monster.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

docbeard posted:

Two forums, both alike in dignity
In Something Awful where we set our scene
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where posted succ makes posters' hands unclean

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i still like the poppy one

why are there so many washed out photos of her in front of a white screen

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

indigi posted:

why are there so many washed out photos of her in front of a white screen

because she's Poppy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't care about D&D but the 10+ pages of D&D derails is so annoying.

:agreed: please reel it back in folks

there's so much bullshit happening with the dems right now anyway

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

mcmagic posted:

Dems are actually bad but I still think republicans are worse. There isn't 1 republican that isn't a complete ghoulish monster.

sounds like good reasoning to vote

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Sounds like a topic for a feedback thread or something.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

not really. it's been the same succ stuff with dems

daft
Oct 16, 2012
my gruntles are growing gruntles

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
e: nevermind

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

mcmagic posted:

I don't know, Chuck grassley is pretty much a run of the mill Iowan.

He basically exists to lower taxes and funnel money to farmers.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

e: also nevermind

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

docbeard posted:

Sounds like a topic for a feedback thread or something.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
my mind palace is under attack

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I hate it when a rhetorical trope is brought up and it starts getting peppered into every other loving post for a few days

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

in this thread, we don't say 'open sesame', we say, 'open feedback'

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

mcmagic posted:

I don't know if it makes them completely worse but the way the dems pretend to care about the poor and minorities and then leave them to die after wasting your time and effort instead of just being upfront about their hate like the Republicans makes them basically equivalent or worse in my mind.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PeterCat posted:

I don't know, Chuck grassley is pretty much a run of the mill Iowan.

He basically exists to lower taxes and funnel money to farmers.

He also wants to force women to carry fetuses in their bodies that they don't want to.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

they need their right hand to twist the throttle, so only left handed agents will be able to use the whips well. that's approximately a 90% reduction in effective whipping, what more do you people want?

Old Indian motorcycles used to be more popular with the police than Harleys due to Indian having the throttle on the left, leaving the gun hand open.

Thankfully motorcycle controls were standardized in the 60s with right hand throttles.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

mcmagic posted:

Short of Bernie (WHO IS NOT A REAL DEMOCRAT), who isn't a ghoul on the Dems? That has any power anyway.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1441102698288275462

loving ew

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol AOC was insulting and belittling Bush

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the A in "AOC" stands for "Apartheid for Palestine"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

my hero

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Brave. Bold.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

mcmagic posted:

He also wants to force women to carry fetuses in their bodies that they don't want to.

Maybe he could support the "Decree on the Prohibition of Abortions, the Improvement of Material Aid to Women in Childbirth, the Establishment of State Assistance to Parents of Large Families, and the Extension of the Network of Lying-in Homes, Nursery schools?"

IDK, his office sends back fairly detailed responses to enquries.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
I experience Havana Syndrome every day: Havana a cold one after work!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

maybe we should spin off DnD chat to its own thread

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
more relevant now

https://twitter.com/Amos123Biderman/status/1440879392650055680?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Short of Bernie (WHO IS NOT A REAL DEMOCRAT), who isn't a ghoul on the Dems? That has any power anyway.

https://twitter.com/marcrod97/status/1441103355040829450

Probably this list. (The no's)