Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Fukkin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
This person currently presenting slides in the CDC meeting included people whose jobs bring them within six feet of somebody in the definition of high-risk occupations.

That's basically everybody who doesn't WFH full-time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rynn posted:

Isn’t there a danger of her swallowing her tongue too if she was actually seizing that long?

You can’t swallow your tongue in status. You can bite the poo poo out of it.

Biggest risk is hypoxia.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Owned by a teenager wearing a dare t-shirt. Shameful.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nothus posted:

That's one of the best parts. Owned by a kid that's volunteering his time to raise money for DARE.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Nothus posted:

It's so good.

Also best wishes to you and your wife. Reminded me to update my marrow registry.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Everyone who isn't vaccinated at my job has to get vaccinated or go permanently WFH on 12/1/21. In the meetings rn and the anti-vaxx folks are losing their mind.

Perma WFH from everyone until 1/10/2022 at the earliest

mystes
May 31, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

Everyone who isn't vaccinated at my job has to get vaccinated or go permanently WFH on 12/1/21. In the meetings rn and the anti-vaxx folks are losing their mind.

They're not even being fired, they're just going WFH? And they're angry about that?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

We all were so stupid admitting to our employers that we got jabbed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kreeblah posted:

This person currently presenting slides in the CDC meeting included people whose jobs bring them within six feet of somebody in the definition of high-risk occupations.

Is it a random person doing that or a CDC official

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

i would lie about vaccination status so i could stay home

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mastershakeman posted:

Is it a random person doing that or a CDC official

It wasn't part of the public comment section (so it wasn't some rando), though I'm not sure what her relation is to the CDC other than that she was presenting data that they specifically asked for.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Kreeblah posted:

lol how the gently caress are they going to determine this? jesus christ these people are just the worst

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

lol how the gently caress are they going to determine this? jesus christ these people are just the worst

It would mean anyone can get it but they get to pretend they are gatekeeping. It's somewhat stupid but I'd absolutely take it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

mystes posted:

They're not even being fired, they're just going WFH? And they're angry about that?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Holy poo poo. Somebody actually pointed out that the J&J folks are getting left out in the cold.

Of course, they used that to pivot to "pandemic of the unvaccinated" and "we need to focus on getting people vaccinated in the first place" in order to state opposition to boosters.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

etalian posted:

Fallout: Tampa

The nice thing about living near an air force base is the assurance that I will be wiped out early when the nukes fall

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I post within six feet of other posts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

Holy poo poo. Somebody actually pointed out that the J&J folks are getting left out in the cold.

Of course, they used that to pivot to "pandemic of the unvaccinated" and "we need to focus on getting people vaccinated in the first place" in order to state opposition to boosters.

And Moderna people, though they aren't quite as chilly.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Looks (edit nearly) identical to yesterday, just posting it for consistency.

god drat, alaska

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Strep Vote posted:

It's so good.

Also best wishes to you and your wife. Reminded me to update my marrow registry.

Thank you.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mystes posted:

The WFH has to be approved by your manager so I'm assuming a lot of chuds are gonna get soft fired. At will employment, baby!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1441097566716772365

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1441105768829239310?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kreeblah posted:

is this official? if so I'll get my clot juice on Tuesday

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

god drat, alaska

Starting to get worried that my family up there hasn't answered the phone in a week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

They take a vote in a half hour it's just discussion now.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nothus posted:

D.A.R.E. to dunk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

only chuds would get threatened with a good time and resent it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nzherald/status/1441100325230837764

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

SKULL.GIF posted:

Not as of yet, but I bet it'll factor into "policy question #3" if they approve that one.

Policy question #1: Should adults >= 65 years of age and LTCF (long-term care facility) residents receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

Policy question #2: Should adults 18-64 years of age at risk for severe COVID-19 due to underlying medical conditions receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

Policy question #3: Should adults 18-64 years of age at risk of SARS-CoV-2 exposure due to occupation/setting receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Somebody who sounds like they're about to cry just pointed out that people who got vaxxed already feel like it was a magic bullet and did a bunch of stupid poo poo in response. But apparently we shouldn't "just keep giving booster doses to the vaccinated". So we should gate #2 and #3 to 50-64 in order not to imply that already-vaccinated people aren't protected.

These people all have brainworms.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

sullat posted:

I can't believe that this is a thing outside of communist Norway.

Excuse me, what?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

Somebody who sounds like they're about to cry just pointed out that people who got vaxxed already feel like it was a magic bullet and did a bunch of stupid poo poo in response. But apparently we shouldn't "just keep giving booster doses to the vaccinated". So we should gate #2 and #3 to 50-64 in order not to imply that already-vaccinated people aren't protected.

These are the experts, lol. The ones in charge.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Nice piece of fish posted:

Excuse me, what?

THEY CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS IS A THING OUTSIDE OF COMMUNIST NORWAY

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

good one, the onion

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Vax to School: Ohio giving away 55 scholarships to vaccinated students

quote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio —
The state of Ohio is offering a new vaccination incentive targeted at younger people.

Dubbed the Ohio Vax To School program, the state will give away 55 scholarships to Ohioans who have been vaccinated.

This applies to anyone who has already been fully vaccinated or individuals — aged 12 to 25 — who have received at least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Five of those scholarships will be worth $100,000, good for any Ohio university, technical school or career training. In addition, the state will give away 50 $10,000 scholarships to those eligible.

Gov. Mike DeWine announced the new program Thursday, saying money will come from existing coronavirus relief programs. Officials with the Ohio Department of Health will announce details on how to sign up in the coming days.

It's a similar program to Ohio's initial Vax a Million program, a lottery system that gave away $1 million to adults, and full-ride scholarships to vaccinated individuals under the age of 18.

The governor said the new program takes aim at an alarming trend in the state's younger population.

The vaccination rate of those over the age of 40 in the state of Ohio is 73%, the governor said, while the vaccination rate of those between the ages of 12 and 25 is just 46%.

"More children are sick. Not just with COVID, but with other respiratory illnesses causing a strain on the children’s health systems,” DeWine said.

The governor said the ultimate goal is keeping children in the classroom, and to prevent pediatric hospitals from becoming overrun.

“Vaccinations remain – clearly – the most potent tool we have to protect Ohioans from COVID,” he said.

On Tuesday, Ohio reported 459 new hospitalizations, the highest number since January.

The number of new hospitalizations for COVID-19 of those under 50 was the highest during the entire pandemic during the week of Sept. 5, when Ohio hospitals admitted 398 patients under the age of 50.

During the most recent completed reporting week (Sept. 5-11), 230 Ohioans 39 and younger were admitted to the hospital, the governor said, which is the highest number of admissions for COVID-19 in this age group during the entire pandemic, even higher than during the winter surge levels when no one was vaccinated.

Around 97% of patients of all ages in Ohio hospitals today are unvaccinated.

The governor and health officials used the newest numbers to echo their calls to the public to get vaccinated.

"If you are young and unvaccinated it's now probably only a question of when, not if, you get COVID-19," said Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff, director of the Ohio Department of Health. "When you get COVID-19 without the protection of a vaccine, there is a very real risk you'll end up in the hospital or the obituary pages. The numbers really tell it all, COVID has changed and is now making younger Ohioans who are not vaccinated very sick. Don't become a statistic when there is a simple, safe, and effective alternative. Go out today and get vaccinated."

In July, 48% of COVID-19 deaths were among those 69 years old and younger. In August, preliminary data shows that an average of two people younger than 50 died of COVID-19 in Ohio every day, Vanderhoff said.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kreeblah posted:

ahahahaha was it walensky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol