Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

this line from the description of that youtube video is killing me:

those are some expertly crafted statements, each one insanely suspicious and unsettling in like 3 different ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

what is the point of switching from no to present?

Appearances.

When she is up for reelection, she can say that she isn't anti-Semetic and didn't vote against the defense of Israel.

She is likely under the impression that the people who hate her will be swayed by this technicality and the NYT rating the statement "AOC voted against stopping the vile baby eating Palestinians from accessing Israeli hospitals" four Pinocchios.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Watching him say it, it's absolutely 100% said as a threat lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Claim: "AOC voted 'No' on funding for Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system."

Verdict: False

While it is true that AOC voted no, she later changed her vote to not be no.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

where's that animorphs of AOC turning into Pelosi

I got ya

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Appearances.

When she is up for reelection, she can say that she isn't anti-Semetic and didn't vote against the defense of Israel.

She is likely under the impression that the people who hate her will be swayed by this technicality and the NYT rating the statement "AOC voted against stopping the vile baby eating Palestinians from accessing Israeli hospitals" four Pinocchios.

of course in reality, the pro-genocide side sees her as an anti-semite and the anti-genocide sees her as spineless and amoral

which is usually how centrist triangulation goes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

lol nice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Yinlock posted:

of course in reality, the pro-genocide side sees her as an anti-semite and the anti-genocide sees her as spineless and amoral

which is usually how centrist triangulation goes

Exactly. It is literally the worst possible move in this scenario.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Whole bunch of libs dragging this guy off. How much you want to bet those ladies grabbing him have got a pile of lib emojis on their twitters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUwtiISsT4

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Whole bunch of libs dragging this guy off. How much you want to bet those ladies grabbing him have got a pile of lib emojis on their twitters?

anytime americans bitch about "free speech" in china/russia/north korea/iran

just shove this video in their face

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

according to his tweets, they proceeded to tear up a list of names of people Bush killed too. really cool!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

thanks

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Apparently articles that are behind paywalls can't be posted in the bad forum now if those articles are critical of Dems

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

comedyblissoption posted:

remember when the obama administration organized a nationwide simultaneous crackdown on occupy wall st lol

Don't forget that feds has snipers on the roof and Obama was aware

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

troop sad ;~;

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i dont understand why the first post of the mod feedback thread wasn't "Why is Crusty Nutsack still a mod?"

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

AOC is gaslighting posters into going insane

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paul_soccer12 posted:

troop sad ;~;

'sir I blew up a wedding for you, you have to respect me!!!!'

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

mistermojo posted:

AOC is gaslighting posters into going insane
she's gonna claim it was a technical malfunction that changed her vote and that's why she was crying

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

i dont understand why the first post of the mod feedback thread wasn't "Why is Crusty Nutsack still a mod?"

i flipped a coin.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

i flipped a coin.

freeing larry is also a noble cause, you did good

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

"I regret my meetings with Jeffrey but I'm proud of the progress we made together"

e:
my favorite is when Woodruff asks him what lessons he's learned and Gates is like "well, he's dead so uaaahhhhh" shrug, lmao

Fleetwood has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Sep 23, 2021

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, this is the guy that represents the Democrat Party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1gJ5Vzv9UM

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spacetoaster posted:

white supremacist foghorn

literally projecting it because he's a massive piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/1414787353877655558

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/1405257072762105866

biden's punishing refugees cos they embarrass him, period

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol democratic underground locked the thread on moving the haitians to gitmo because it wasn't "important enough news"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

she's gonna claim it was a technical malfunction that changed her vote and that's why she was crying
you think?
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1421236682687451138?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If the problem is armed gangs and the Haitian government cannot

deal with it why not offer to help them by sending in some of our military for a year? Not a lot of them, maybe 500 to 2000 but enough to let them get a handle on the problem.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

If the problem is armed gangs and the Haitian government cannot

deal with it why not offer to help them by sending in some of our military for a year? Not a lot of them, maybe 500 to 2000 but enough to let them get a handle on the problem.

:hmmyes: or we could train a new army for them like we did in afghanistan!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
we killed their president. what more do you want?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

First, no to that last, and, OP, what on earth makes you think we're doing "too little to help struggling Americans"?

First off, though, please note that the trimming of the big infrastructure bill is being done by DEMOCRATS, not Republicans, who know their voters want that from them. Remember, representative democracy, serve the people who sent you to Washington, etc? Most of that other 48% you mention thinks we spend too much! That's been a RW mantra since we created the New Deal, accepted as natural law, like gravity.

Second, these bills are going to be of enormous benefit to struggling and nonstruggling Americans.

No matter what the final forms contain, they should include extending the Child Tax Credit that benefits millions of people and their communities in addition to children, expanding healthcare under the ACA, and taking big, comprehensive actions to fight climate change. Plus a bunch more. Including jobs. Good jobs.

Each of those 3 items, alone, though, is more than the Republicans have done for Americans in over 40 years. And our party and candidates will running on them and what we promise to do next.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

No matter what the final forms contain, they should include extending the Child Tax Credit that benefits millions of people and their communities in addition to children, expanding healthcare under the ACA, and taking big, comprehensive actions to fight climate change. Plus a bunch more. Including jobs. Good jobs.

narrator voice: it did not include any of that in the final form

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
holy poo poo wait was that poster trying to ape Biden's speaking style with the 'include jobs. Good jobs' thing?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

paul_soccer12 posted:

troop sad ;~;

no matter how far wrong you go, you can always turn around

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

holy poo poo wait was that poster trying to ape Biden's speaking style with the 'include jobs. Good jobs' thing?

they may also just be as old and senile as biden, hard to tell

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Can't believe after all this time we learn Bill Gates killed Epstein for wasting his time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

This seems like something a leftist opponent might want the public to know about Biden in a hypothetical campaign against him. Especially if the campaign takes place during a time of fraught racial and class tensions, amidst multiple simmering refugee crises.

Real shame Bernie wasn't so much an opponent, as he was a tiny male angler fish, perpetually depositing semen into Biden in some kind of bizarre, mutually dependent relationship.