Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

Pilchenstein posted:

The Dying Gaul (2005) maybe.

Ahhhhh that’s it! Thank you.

Campbell Scott ≠ Patrick Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I only saw one scene from this movie somewhere online and can't remember the name
basically, a mother is on the run with her daughter and it turns out that (spoiler alert)the daughter is some kind of monster when in a motel room she kills a guy who IIRC was gonna rape the mother

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Doctor Jeep posted:

I only saw one scene from this movie somewhere online and can't remember the name
basically, a mother is on the run with her daughter and it turns out that (spoiler alert)the daughter is some kind of monster when in a motel room she kills a guy who IIRC was gonna rape the mother

Byzantium?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

Ils?

Edit: not that but another French film I was thinking of Martyrs. Though probably not, I can't remember well. Also posted the wrong link

Double edit: Inside was what I was thinking about

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 16, 2021

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Okay now here's my question. Somebody emphatically says "that BLANK is impossible". I'm not thinking of the scene in The Mask where Jim Carrey says "that's impossible" and the detective replies "those pyjamas are impossible".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

donquixotic posted:

Okay now here's my question. Somebody emphatically says "that BLANK is impossible". I'm not thinking of the scene in The Mask where Jim Carrey says "that's impossible" and the detective replies "those pyjamas are impossible".

Star Wars A New Hope, that scene where the rebel pilot says 'That's impossible' and Luke says about hitting womp rats back home.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I still think it was that blank is impossible rather than that's impossible

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

donquixotic posted:

Pretty sure this is a Downey Jr line but I can’t remember which movie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Doctor Jeep posted:

You sure it's a daughter? Because that exact thing happened in Son

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Movie wherein a character who is an actor or musician is approached by a female fan who, sobbing, tells him "I love you". He disentangles himself while saying "you barely know me" or "you don't even know me".

It's possible that the genders should be reversed.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

donquixotic posted:

I still think it was that blank is impossible rather than that's impossible

Homer Simpson says "That shot is impossible! Jack Nicholson himself couldn't make it!"
Dead Putting Society episode.

Plump and Ready
Jan 28, 2009
I'm trying to figure out a movie and Its killing me. All I remember is a suspenseful scene in the woods or something I vaguely remember foggy woods and some ethereal singing in the background like a woman going ooooh oooh ooooooh oooh.

I know that's not much to go on but it's driving me nuts

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Medullah posted:

You sure it's a daughter? Because that exact thing happened in Son

yes, thank you!
int he clip I saw the kid looked like a daughter to me

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Plump and Ready posted:

I'm trying to figure out a movie and Its killing me. All I remember is a suspenseful scene in the woods or something I vaguely remember foggy woods and some ethereal singing in the background like a woman going ooooh oooh ooooooh oooh.

Was the singing part of the score or was it actual singing that the characters in the movie could hear? "Foggy woods" makes me think of Insomnia but that could also describe probably a hundred horror movies.

The Omen has a scene in a foggy graveyard that has music sort of like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRwQl5i_5o

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Plump and Ready posted:

The Guardian (1990) had a lot of that kind of stuff going on. Not sure how many people actually saw it, though.

speedofdark
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody knows you when you're a stupid newbie.

Plump and Ready posted:

The way you ooooh'd the song made me think of Boadicea by Enya.

The song plays at the climax of Stephen King's Sleepwalkers and there may be foggy woods?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I saw a trailer for a movie on Twitter the other day, but I completely forgot the name of it. I thought it was called something with "games" in the title. It's a Japanese movie, it's like a cross between Battle Royale and Saw with set design that kind of looks like the movie Toys. A large group of debtors take part in a series of contests to pay off their debts, and they're all deadly versions of children's games like red light, green light.

I swear it exists and it's supposedly on Netflix.

e: vv Thanks!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 18, 2021

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I saw a trailer for a movie on Twitter the other day, but I completely forgot the name of it. I thought it was called something with "games" in the title. It's a Japanese movie, it's like a cross between Battle Royale and Saw with set design that kind of looks like the movie Toys. A large group of debtors take part in a series of contests to pay off their debts, and they're all deadly versions of children's games like red light, green light.

I swear it exists and it's supposedly on Netflix.

Squid Game, though it's a TV show and not a movie (and it's South Korean).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_Game

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 18, 2021

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Maybe one of the Kaiji live action movies?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
No it was definitely Squid Game. I assumed it was Japanese because it looked vaguely like the few screenshots/scenes I've seen of Miike's As the Gods Will (probably just the giant girl robot), and I saw the trailer with the sound off on my phone. I totally forgot there was a line in the trailer mentioning a prize of like "46 million won" which should have tipped me off.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

did anyone ever see that weird avant guarde/comedy foreign film that has a scene with a farmer in a field loving a crate of tomatoes and later in the movie a pregnant woman gives birth to a tomato

i have been trying to figure out what the name of this movie was for a while

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

did anyone ever see that weird avant guarde/comedy foreign film that has a scene with a farmer in a field loving a crate of tomatoes and later in the movie a pregnant woman gives birth to a tomato

i have been trying to figure out what the name of this movie was for a while

Leolo?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104782/

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wow yeah good job. i vaguely remember watching this as a kid on showtime or something one night when i was having trouble sleeping. one of the only other things about it i remember is the line "my family used to believe a poo poo a day keeps the doctor away" and a scene where he gets a piece of poo poo in a box from some weird lady in the basement so he can fool his family into thinking he took a dump. really weird movie to watch when you're 12.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

oh i guess that's also the movie where the kid fucks a cat but i was probably asleep for that part because i only remember it existed because it was featured in a trailer for avant garde night for whatever channel that was. anyway great movie if you are 12 with insomnia.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I saw a movie once and all I remember is something being an anagram of matricide was a plot point.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

This one I think is gonna be pretty easy to get.

War on terror era movie, like 2005-2015. It is not The International despite the fact that I thought I remembered Clive Owen as the hero.

The hero and heroine(?) are on the run from the authorities as they try to clear the name of this one other guy. At the end of the movie they succeed and then while they drive away with him, US agents ram their car and abduct him anyway.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bewilderment posted:

This one I think is gonna be pretty easy to get.

War on terror era movie, like 2005-2015. It is not The International despite the fact that I thought I remembered Clive Owen as the hero.

The hero and heroine(?) are on the run from the authorities as they try to clear the name of this one other guy. At the end of the movie they succeed and then while they drive away with him, US agents ram their car and abduct him anyway.

A Most Wanted Man?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

artsy fartsy posted:

I have two:

1) A kids movie probably from the '90s, where the young protagonist's cousin(?) comes to stay with him and he brings some novelty joke items, including a couple of those plastic fake vomits. I remember him holding up the vomits and explaining how one was original and one had peas and carrots.

Toys has a scene where they discuss what should go into fake vomit and the peas and carrots were specifically called out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trevor Hale posted:

Toys has a scene where they discuss what should go into fake vomit and the peas and carrots were specifically called out.

"Here we have the Don Heave Hoe... this is definitely the vomit of a white man".

I would have suggested Toys, but all of that happens in a testing lab that starts to shrink due to Leslie's uncle needing more space to work in.

"Feels like we're being attacked by a crossword puzzle."

gently caress, Toys is so good. Everyone should watch it. Or rewatch it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I know this is probably from a hundred different films but I heard it somewhere recently.

Girl: I wish I could find a guy like you!

Guy: Well... what about me?

Girl: *laughs* you're so sweet.

Guy: :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I know this is probably from a hundred different films but I heard it somewhere recently.

Girl: I wish I could find a guy like you!

Guy: Well... what about me?

Girl: *laughs* you're so sweet.

Guy: :(

I feel like this might've been Freaks and Geeks?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Probably, but I haven't seen that.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
There's a variation on that in Innerspace with Martin Short and a girl at the grocery store he works with.

You're probably the only person at the supermarket I haven't slept with. And you're the only person I'm even partially attracted to.

Thank you.

smokestacks
Dec 19, 2010
Scene from a psychological thriller movie, probably from around 2000-2010. In the scene, character A is telling character B this story about a group of people going to visit an asylum. As the group of people is being shown around, they start to realize that the people locked up in the cells are actually the doctors and the people showing them around are actually the inmates, i.e. the classic inmates running the asylum story. As character A is telling the story, it's also shown visually in the style of a grainy old 1920s film.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

smokestacks posted:

Scene from a psychological thriller movie, probably from around 2000-2010. In the scene, character A is telling character B this story about a group of people going to visit an asylum. As the group of people is being shown around, they start to realize that the people locked up in the cells are actually the doctors and the people showing them around are actually the inmates, i.e. the classic inmates running the asylum story. As character A is telling the story, it's also shown visually in the style of a grainy old 1920s film.

House on Haunted Hill remake, I think.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

smokestacks posted:

Is it Severance (from 2006)? I think its one of the stories they tell each other about the lodge before they start to get attacked. A surprisingly good horror comedy for the record, despite having Danny Dyer in it.

smokestacks
Dec 19, 2010

codyclarke posted:

House on Haunted Hill remake, I think.

It's not that asylum scene I was thinking of, thanks though!

SiKboy posted:

Is it Severance (from 2006)? I think its one of the stories they tell each other about the lodge before they start to get attacked. A surprisingly good horror comedy for the record, despite having Danny Dyer in it.

Yes, that's it! Thanks!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SiKboy posted:

Harold Pinter cast Dyer in several of his plays.

I worked on Severance (on the sales side.). Decent film actually. If you like that kind of thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

therattle posted:

I worked on Severance (on the sales side.). Decent film actually. If you like that kind of thing.

It's like Hostel except good. I think I might rewatch it for the October Horror Challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

therattle posted:

I'm a big fan of horror comedy as a genre, and Severence for me hits the sweet spot; Exactly the right mix of horror and comedy to be funny and also genuinely tense. A lot of films dont get that balance right and you just end up with a comedy thats got some gore in it, or a bad horror movie with an ill judged slapstick scene near the end. I saw it in the cinema when it came out and recommended it to so many people. It helps that the cast are mainly solid experienced actors; Much as Danny Dyer is an easy target, I do actually think hes not half bad at what he does, he just has gently caress all range (or if he has it I've never seen him demonstrate it), and I dont think the man has ever turned down a script. If you want a cockney wideboy or low level east end gangster then Dyer will turn in a perfectly serviceable performance at a fraction of the cost of your Cillian Murphys or Tom Hardies,

gently caress, now I need to rewatch it, not seen it in years. Think my halloween weekend this year might be Severence, Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Attack the Block.

Jedit posted:

It's like Hostel except good. I think I might rewatch it for the October Horror Challenge.

Honestly considering how many comedy horror zombie movies there are, I'm faintly surprised that we didnt get more attempts at comedy hostel style movies when they were the big hotness in horror fir a few years. There's Severence, a film called Botched which I have seen, own on DVD but have literally no memory of except "its a film that exists that I didnt like as much as severence", and thats all I can think of off the top of my head. But then I guess there arent that many horror comedies in any given year, its more that the zombie ones have built up over the years (plus Shawn of the Dead was a big hit, and zombies are cheap special effects to do).