Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

If anybody feels the need to buy yet another Nevermind reissue there's a 30th Anniversary 8 LP box set containing the original album, three live albums, and a 7" inch with a few non album tracks.

No thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

CPL593H posted:

If anybody feels the need to buy yet another Nevermind reissue there's a 30th Anniversary 8 LP box set containing the original album, three live albums, and a 7" inch with a few non album tracks.

Nah fuckin thanks.

Now if they did something with Bleach that uncovered a bunch of unreleased thrash-sounding stuff, hit me up.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
How many times could they possibly reissue that album? There's a new one every five years, Jesus Christ just stop. The fact that you can't buy the live shows as stand alone releases on either format just blatantly screams "cash grab".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlcdWSz5P3Q

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:okpos::ducksiren:It's here:ducksiren::okpos:

https://twitter.com/NewsFedora/status/1441191761049653254

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Ha, I'm glad to see that arrived for the folks who wanted it! I actually haven't had a bad experience with Tiger Blood Tapes yet, so I feel pretty comfortable continuing to buy from them.

I didn't much care for the Pikachu music but I LOVE the packaging.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Another record in the mail thanks to Bandcamp. Mouth Painters - Tropicale Moon. Laid back psych folk with some grooves mixed in, lots of steel guitar and flute carrying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TW1TOxN80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYkWG4S9sg

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was never a Nirvana dude, but oh boy, I loving pretended to be when it was all over MTV.

Cobain spray painting Frogs song titles onto cars will always rule, though.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The best thing to come out of Nirvana was making me aware of the Meat Puppets. 🥰

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
False! The best thing to come out of Nirvana are these photos:

Kurt holding his kid's leg like an ice cream cone always makes me chuckle.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

Lol well I stand corrected. Those are great photos.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Back when Mama Ru did her own makeup.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nihonniboku posted:

Any excuse to post this gem:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

And didn't make millions of dollars from fracking.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ha, I'm glad to see that arrived for the folks who wanted it! I actually haven't had a bad experience with Tiger Blood Tapes yet, so I feel pretty comfortable continuing to buy from them.

I didn't much care for the Pikachu music but I LOVE the packaging.

Except for meeeee! Still no updates. And I'm the opposite I actually did like the tunes, not so much all the weed jokes added to the cover.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

How many times could they possibly reissue that album? There's a new one every five years, Jesus Christ just stop. The fact that you can't buy the live shows as stand alone releases on either format just blatantly screams "cash grab".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlcdWSz5P3Q

But how many live shows does one need. Like, is the version of Teen Spirit from Japan that much better or different than the one from California or Australia?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Hey y'all. The second half of my set that I played at Prospector Records last month is up on mixcloud. All vinyl. Haha. Even some music I bought while I was there. Check it out.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-propector-pt2/

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

But how many live shows does one need. Like, is the version of Teen Spirit from Japan that much better or different than the one from California or Australia?

I use to be a huge dork about live albums because there are a lot of great ones. But with certain bands you don't really need to hear a lot of them or at least not multiple ones from each era of the band. Aside from obviously having MTV Unplugged just getting Live At Reading is good enough.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Turbinosamente posted:

Except for meeeee! Still no updates. And I'm the opposite I actually did like the tunes, not so much all the weed jokes added to the cover.

You should shoot them an email and see if there’s an update. I don’t know how many they ended up selling but it wouldn’t surprise me if it takes them a couple of weeks to get them all out, but you should still reach out to make sure your order wasn’t lost somewhere along the way.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CPL593H posted:

so are they still gonna have the dude's penis on there or what

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cemetry Gator posted:

Some audiophile out there will probably attest that the 100VAC mains in Japan produce a more pronounced, fuller sound from the mixing board than the 110VAC in California or the 230VAC in Australia or something absurd like that.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

My Lovely Horse posted:

so are they still gonna have the dude's penis on there or what

No it’s a new cover. It has modern photos of the band in it. This is the one they’re using for Kris

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ballz posted:

You should shoot them an email and see if there’s an update. I don’t know how many they ended up selling but it wouldn’t surprise me if it takes them a couple of weeks to get them all out, but you should still reach out to make sure your order wasn’t lost somewhere along the way.

I am going to, just have been super busy lately. It takes me a little time to sit and craft a polite as possible where the gently caress is my poo poo email. Dunno if I should send the email through bandcamp or what's on the PayPal transaction either.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

The best thing to come out of Nirvana was making me aware of the Meat Puppets. 🥰

I still remember when I first heard Nirvana covering a Meat Puppets song. I was so tickled.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sporklift posted:

Hey y'all. The second half of my set that I played at Prospector Records last month is up on mixcloud. All vinyl. Haha. Even some music I bought while I was there. Check it out.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-propector-pt2/

Will do, thanks again!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If I see that stupid Nevermind boxset hit a non stupid price when nobody buys it at full retail, I'll probably pick it up.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

petit choux posted:

BTW, you guys have been a bad influence on me. I'm now bidding on a colored vinyl double set of a hopefully really awesome recording, I'll show you if I win it. Never thought this would happen to me.

I warned you.

I'll bet you dollars to dildos that this is all life insurance salesmen pep talks. We'll find out real soon.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I had a day of record thrifting like I haven't had in ages yesterday, I could hardly believe my luck:

Offhand this actually appears to be in what I'd call VG condition, or the vinyl is. Would you guys call this jacket good condition?

This is probably the find of the month though:

Note: Conducted by Elmer Bernstein

Dean Martin was probably the luckiest schmuck to have ever lived.

I always gravitate toward these old records that use a hottie for the jacket:

Also in VG condition, just by eyeball:

Yeah, that's pretty fresh looking:

And I have never found a Paco album in the wild before:

And three Benny albums I've never seen. Benny is notable as being one of the earlier white bandleaders to encourage black performers, or so I'm told. He justified it as simply good business; they were really good and he wanted to make really good music.

And I'm workin' on high, high hopes for this record:

Pushin' that bush in

petit choux fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 24, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Here's a couple more:

Is this one any good:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I got zero luck with thrift store record shopping, but that's a trade off of living in a major US city.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

PS: I actually was bidding on a real double album, but I lost. It was the Fight Club soundtrack by the Dust Bros. You youngsters probably wouldn't remember them.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

dorium posted:

I got zero luck with thrift store record shopping, but that's a trade off of living in a major US city.

The Goodwill is just a few blocks from my YMCA and I often pop in there after I swim. And the records there never seem to change at all, always the same beat up Christmas records and stuff, but I had a few minutes to kill so I went through them and found somebody has stuck in a couple actual good records.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

petit choux posted:

Will do, thanks again!

Thanks for the listen!

Haha the Matt Helm movies are pretty funny. Part of the template for Austin Powers along with the Flint and James Bond movies.

Love that Sly Stone album. Good find.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sporklift posted:

Thanks for the listen!

Haha the Matt Helm movies are pretty funny. Part of the template for Austin Powers along with the Flint and James Bond movies.
I'm gonna go with Dean Martin thought this up so he could get laid.

quote:

Love that Sly Stone album. Good find.

There used to be a Pete Moss and the Fungi that played a lot in Ann Arbor way back in the 90s.

And in case you missed it:

Watch out for that insurance salesman, he's got a rocket in his pocket!

petit choux fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 24, 2021

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

petit choux posted:

And I'm workin' on high, high hopes for this record:

Pushin' that bush in

I think I may have had a mint copy of this which I cut up for an art project in college..... need the jacket for it?

edit: Whoops its 20 Aerobic Dance Hits by the same people. Different songs though and a 2 LP set.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 25, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Turbinosamente posted:

I am going to, just have been super busy lately. It takes me a little time to sit and craft a polite as possible where the gently caress is my poo poo email. Dunno if I should send the email through bandcamp or what's on the PayPal transaction either.

I messaged them through Bandcamp at the start of the month to see if Pikachu was still coming out in September and they responded a day or two later.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ballz posted:

I messaged them through Bandcamp at the start of the month to see if Pikachu was still coming out in September and they responded a day or two later.

I have messaged them working back through Bandcamp thanks to a helpful suggestion, and wouldn't you know it all of a sudden tracking info and a shipment notice appeared 45 minutes later, at 6:30 on a Friday night. Funny that.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Kazinsal posted:

Some audiophile out there will probably attest that the 100VAC mains in Japan produce a more pronounced, fuller sound from the mixing board than the 110VAC in California or the 230VAC in Australia or something absurd like that.

This has absolutely happened already

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://youtu.be/yqn2lBJfQqk

This is cool. Really looking forward to checking out that 25th Anniversary Half Speed master I got coming eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i wouldn't actually mind knowing which, if any, nevermind releases sound best that aren't ridiculous box sets.

I don't even really have the energy for double LPs these days. forty minutes of a band and I'm good