Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
when I was in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, I came across a war memorial

turns out it was dedicated to a battalion on ANZAC troops that died defending what was then known as "Jesselton" from the Japanese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, holy poo poo, turns out the "man" was an old lady after all.

If you click through the photos it doesn't even seen like she did anything more than stand in the road when the cops were marching past and they pepper sprayed her.

Serves me right for thinking that a cop could ever do something funny or good, even by accident.

She might be a loving idiot trying to have the entire state sink under the weight of the pandemic, but that was wholly undeserved. But I'll always have the brief moment I thought it was some dipshit bloke trying to pull an Achilles.

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 07:44 on Sep 23, 2021

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

who is a “white of Old Canaan descent”?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
being white is actually a gender

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Had to google that and, well, looks like I've "Old Caanan descent " is a way of saying "Jewish".

You need a history degree to follow some of these dog whistles.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Just a passing familiarity with the bible. A dog whistle, after all, is inaudible to others.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was hoping it wasn’t that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/570NEWS/status/1441020554182594565?s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tokin opposition posted:

being white is actually a gender

finally, the loophole I've been craving

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:dafuq:

https://twitter.com/maxplanations/status/1440831672665067524?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1441173034769870851?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is this person literally five years old

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

individualist anarchist = libertarian = pedophile. its just that simple folks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:d2a:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol you haven't had to negotiate a book deal in a long time have you steve

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There are some anarchists with an emphasis on children's rights, school abolition and so on. Making kids go to school at 8:00 am so their parents can get to work on time is known to be terrible for their brain development. I don't think this is a bad take, although I have seen that type of anarchist go overboard in terms of saying kids should never have structure or guidance.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
so this is the power of ifunny jokes...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That’s a New Yorker if I’ve ever seen one. ifunny doing the ebaum trick, no doubt.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Chamale posted:

There are some anarchists with an emphasis on children's rights, school abolition and so on. Making kids go to school at 8:00 am so their parents can get to work on time is known to be terrible for their brain development. I don't think this is a bad take, although I have seen that type of anarchist go overboard in terms of saying kids should never have structure or guidance.

Yeah, I was constantly sleep deprived in high school because of how early I had to get up to catch the bus, and I had my head down so much in class that it literally caused permanent physical damage. Twitter anarchists that frame it around "bed-time" are kind of weird though, and extremely sus when they are adults.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Breaking news: famous millionaire cokehead extremely satisfied with nation maintaining the status quo that allows him to continue to be a famous millionaire cokehead

More news at 11

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I initially read that as "bedtime abortion" and the confused dude made perfect sense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Making school start so early for kids is really lovely but a bedtime abolition movement is weird as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chamale posted:

Calling it bedtime abolition is completely insane

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
the conquest of bed

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pirate Radar posted:

the conquest of bed

an underrated position

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pirate Radar posted:

the conquest of bed

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awake at last, awake at last, thank god almighty, awake at last

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
If you give me coco do I not snooze?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Steven King’s face bothers me because it looks like he’s supposed to have a big mustache but he doesn’t

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

suck my rear end in a top hat, man who writes child orgies

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Just look at that upper lip. Could fit Mt Rushmore on there with room to spare

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Pirate Radar posted:

the conquest of bed

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/1440364368793718786?s=19

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Pirate Radar posted:

the conquest of bed

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Fortaleza posted:

Steven King’s face bothers me because it looks like he’s supposed to have a big mustache but he doesn’t

Got so hard up for coke he snorted his own follicles out in 1987.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this is only true in certain contexts. if I need a car to get to work and someone gives me 70% of a car I still can’t loving get to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
AOC is a lot like Natalie Wynne, insofar as I don't have whatever other people have in their endocrine system that lets them be mad at her every waking moment of every day.