Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You couldn't pay me to live in Texas while that abortion law exists. Not even in the sense of "oh yeah I might not want to have kid." I don't want to be in a situation that a friend asks me for help getting one and I have to decide about risking that lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Leperflesh posted:

I just noticed this is basically a suburb of Dallas. I can't imagine a worse place to live that's still in America. Maybe... some extremely rural part of Alabama?

Rural Alabama has excellent hunting and no traffic.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm speaking to lenders today about refinancing my home loan and that poo poo is kind of exhausting but maaan there's some money to be saved if you're willing to go through the gauntlet. I only have a small (relatively) loan but I could end up lowering my repayment by about a hundred dollars a week and saving 25k over the course of the loan if the figures all break right.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think I've read enough General Dog posts to know Waco's probably worse then the Dallas Suburbs, let alone what's going on in Mississippi.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Skwirl posted:

You couldn't pay me to live in Texas while that abortion law exists. Not even in the sense of "oh yeah I might not want to have kid." I don't want to be in a situation that a friend asks me for help getting one and I have to decide about risking that lawsuit.
Give me an 18-wheeler*, a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, and Sally Field as my passenger & I'll make sure those cases of Coors Banquet pregnant women get to Georgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgUaFkpS3Y

*with Cannonfodder at the wheel

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If I was going to move to the US I'd move to Boise. It looks nice and I met a nice lady from there once.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

If I was going to move to the US I'd move to Boise. It looks nice and I met a nice lady from there once.

Idaho's ICUs are all full and they're sending more patients to my state. Interstate relations have never been better!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Idaho is where all our literal Nazis have holed up, too

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

This is literally the first time I’ve ever heard someone express such a sentiment, and I’ve lived adjacent to Idaho for my whole life!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

Idaho's ICUs are all full and they're sending more patients to my state. Interstate relations have never been better!

My hospitalized grandma got a facebook timeout for getting real mad and real hardcore about calling out anti-vaxxers and chud Idahoans complaining that Inslee called them morons. Given the situation, can't say I blame her much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Part of that is they pay poo poo for health careworkers. My aunt is in a home for the disabled (needs 24 hour nurse care, mental disability not physical) and one time visiting her they had the nurse pay scale posted and you had to work there for 4 years to make Washington state minimum wage. This was in Moscow, Idaho and for the majority of people here that don't know where that is, it's literally walking distance from Pullman, Washington, which is a slightly larger city. Also home of the the WSU Cougars for those who follow the Pac 12.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I guess this is so commonplace that it barely even breaks through nowadays

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1441140648690601993?s=20

Nothing to be done, only country this happens, etc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I'm back. Went well, different than I was expecting but have plans to see her again Saturday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

This is literally the first time I’ve ever heard someone express such a sentiment, and I’ve lived adjacent to Idaho for my whole life!

She showed me pictures of a lake house her parents had and the view looked pretty amazing. She also showed me her hotel room ayoooo.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

BlindSite posted:

I'm speaking to lenders today about refinancing my home loan and that poo poo is kind of exhausting but maaan there's some money to be saved if you're willing to go through the gauntlet. I only have a small (relatively) loan but I could end up lowering my repayment by about a hundred dollars a week and saving 25k over the course of the loan if the figures all break right.

We just refinanced 6 or so months ago, and while it was kind of a pain to get moving we are saving something like 25% of our initial mortgage a month (though since we were 7 or so years into our old mortgage it will actually cost slightly more over the full 30 years, but I would rather have the cash in hand now).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 24, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Republicans working hard at making sure Florida no longer has enough Representatives or electoral votes votes to have a serious impact on national policy

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1441071490489856002?s=20

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I kinda think all the cast for the Mario movie is a great fit except for Pratt. Not really sure who would be a good Mario if they’re not bringing in Martinet.

Hoping the sequel brings in Danny Devito and Willem Dafoe as Wario and Waluigi.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

I kinda think all the cast for the Mario movie is a great fit except for Pratt. Not really sure who would be a good Mario if they’re not bringing in Martinet.

Charlie Day as Luigi you should have Devito as Mario.

I'm sorta hoping they pull a Vin Diesel as Groot thing and just have him not have actual conversations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Pops Mgee posted:

It sounds like Martinet is going to have a cameo somewhere but that strikes me as disrespectful. Just let the loving man be his iconic role for gently caress's sake.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/DirkBlocker/status/1387445918731890688

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skwirl posted:

Charlie Day as Luigi you should have Devito as Mario.

I'm sorta hoping they pull a Vin Diesel as Groot thing and just have him not have actual conversations.

Frank Reynolds is already basically Wario though

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dang according to Reddit the teenager who was talking poo poo to that anti masker got fired

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Dang according to Reddit the teenager who was talking poo poo to that anti masker got fired

I thought there was a labor shortage.

Also the antimask dipshit should be required to give all his earthly possessions to that kid after being vaporized that badly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Take a look at the date

https://twitter.com/general_sthe/status/1263574650468122629

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

T-Square posted:

I hope the teenager sues

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I hope the teenager sues

Is it an at will state? Then I doubt they have grounds.

I recommend a go fund me instead they’ll make a chunk of change.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it an at will state? Then I doubt they have grounds.

I recommend a go fund me instead they’ll make a chunk of change.

I mean aren't there rules for publishing videos of a minor without parental consent?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I'm back. Went well, different than I was expecting but have plans to see her again Saturday.

https://twitter.com/solomonmissouri/status/1429939241405100034?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

We just refinanced 6 or so months ago, and while it was kind of a pain to get moving we are saving something like 25% of our initial mortgage a month (though since we were 7 or so years into our old mortgage it will actually cost slightly more over the full 30 years, but I would rather have the cash in hand now).

I'm only going for 25 years, but the good thing is its going to save me about 2700 a year on interest which is gonna be 67,500 over the course of the loan. Lower my repayments by 70 bucks a week and net me a 3k cash bonus.

Very loving productive day.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

Boise is a'ight. I have friends that live in a small town west of there. Then again, they're in their 30's and that makes them the youngest in that town as the median age is around 60.

swickles posted:

:nice:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

She showed me pictures of a lake house her parents had and the view looked pretty amazing. She also showed me her hotel room ayoooo.

It’s a spectacular part of the world! Just one that the populace manages to even make Australian elected officials look like paragons of grace and intellect. Montana* and Colorado are even more beautiful with slightly less American-induced psychoses, I wholly endorse them as alternatives to Idaho

*Kalispell notwithstanding, gently caress that place now and forever

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I heard Californians will be welcomed as liberators true/false?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1441254556847857668

The audit performed by the company whose owner publicly promised to deliver Arizona to Trump found 99 more Biden votes and 261 fewer Trump votes

loving owned

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1441254556847857668

The audit performed by the company whose owner publicly promised to deliver Arizona to Trump found 99 more Biden votes and 261 fewer Trump votes

loving owned

The Cyber Ninjas were so comically crooked and bankrolled by a ton of big name crazies that I was amazed that they didn’t just slap together some 100 pages of indecipherable technobabble along the lines of the My Pillow Guy and claim that in it is the proof that the machines were hacked. So I can only wonder if they got spooked.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

Give me an 18-wheeler*, a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, and Sally Field as my passenger & I'll make sure those cases of Coors Banquet pregnant women get to Georgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgUaFkpS3Y

*with Cannonfodder at the wheel
Bandit drove the flashy car as a distraction while Snowman moved the goods. For this operation I think it's better for the goods to be in a passenger vehicle and not the trailer. We both need stealth and to stay away from cameras so no gas stations or truck stops for you.

Get a dusty and dirty F150 diesel for maximum stealth mode but with dual tanks for maximum range. That should get you to Jackson where I'll be mama bird to top off your tanks to get you to Georgia.

If you really want to not have to stop, take these *hands over two empty Gatorade bottles* Don't give me that look. These are clean and never been used.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

It’s a spectacular part of the world! Just one that the populace manages to even make Australian elected officials look like paragons of grace and intellect. Montana* and Colorado are even more beautiful with slightly less American-induced psychoses, I wholly endorse them as alternatives to Idaho

*Kalispell notwithstanding, gently caress that place now and forever

Montana looks amazing.

If covid ever fucks off im gonna spend like 2 months travelling through the US and I wanna see all the non touristy places like Montana and Colorado and stuff.

I've heard some things about kalispell. I talk guns with a dude who lives there. He's very pro 2nd amendment and I'm gonna guess he's not unusual in his politics for the region.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Cyber Ninjas were so comically crooked and bankrolled by a ton of big name crazies that I was amazed that they didn’t just slap together some 100 pages of indecipherable technobabble along the lines of the My Pillow Guy and claim that in it is the proof that the machines were hacked. So I can only wonder if they got spooked.

Someone probably had a very long talk about perjury with them and that a blatantly fraudulent report would result in DOJ and Congressional investigations into it.

So they decided they were better off with all of the millions they managed to grift

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Swickles, we made a collage in your honor:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Montana looks amazing.

If covid ever fucks off im gonna spend like 2 months travelling through the US and I wanna see all the non touristy places like Montana and Colorado and stuff.

I haven't spent too much time in Boise, but yeah everything east of the Cascade Mountains is various shades of beautiful but farther and far away from Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake and Denver. So it gets really small-town really quick.

But yeah, I know of a few people who have bought or rented cars and traveled all around the U.S. It'd be a real cool trip to experience -- I've only done some of that when moving, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm curious as to your criteria here. I mean I wouldn't want to live there either but just within Texas it seems there are a lot more dire situations to me.

I'm prejudiced against Texas generally, but yeah. Dallas is a huge sprawling ugly metropolis, with godawful weather, bad traffic consisting of 85% oversized pickup trucks rolling coal, its suburbs are the epitome of nightmarish cookie-cutter HOA cul-de-sac sprawl, and it's also expensive, albeit not compared to where I live. Yuck.

I am also being facetious a bit. Pretty sure I'd hate living in a Phoenix suburb even more, although Arizona is a better state politically. And if I'm completely honest, while I wouldn't be happy about the politics in any deep red state, I am pretty adaptable and amiable and can get along with folks of all stripes, always have. I could get by most anywhere.