Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Organ Fiend posted:

Deal from strength or get crushed every time

https://youtu.be/vPRfP_TEQ-g

incredible

lmfao at "deal from strength or get crushed every time" from the mouths of children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Organ Fiend posted:

They're trying to convince themselves.

Democrat voters believe, as an article of faith, that as bad as the Republican party is, the Democrats are better. They can not accept the idea that the Dems are as bad or worse than the Republicans. To crack-ping and accept this idea would send them spiraling into an abyss of existential dread and depression, so fortify their mind against any sort of "Dems actually bad" ideas.

The reason why the Succ Zone makes D&D so angry is that every time we talk about how Tara Reade was raped or how Donald Trumps concentration camps were built by Obama and left open/expanded/made worse by Biden, its like firing a cannon at the walls of the fortress of their mind. This is why they have to ban any sort of "Dems bad" discussion in D&D (and to be fair, in every other forum as well) because if those walls fall, the abyss will take them.

We, on the other hand, have already been crack-pinged thoroughly and have made our peace with the abyss, so it isn't scary for us anymore.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the only justifiable reason for that vote is if pelosi threatened to drone strike her abuela or something like that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

buttnutter is just dark-world cumshitter

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Homeless Friend posted:

with god as my witness, that child poverty is cut in half

it is acceptable to me, that now half of children are still hungry and the issue will be revisited on a time table at a leisurely pace to see if we're on track to cut half of it again in a decade

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Pamela Springstein posted:

earlier videos were incomprehensible to me, but the tape dont lie
https://twitter.com/DonaldoClinton/status/1441225178369835010

Spot on

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1441282251086450700?s=20

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
haha christ AOC is so pathetic. Enjoy the money.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol:

Despite the mild pressure, the two leaders shared warm words, including praise from Harris for India’s role in producing COVID-19 vaccines for the world. Modi thanked Harris for offering a “sense of kinship” in a phone call during his country’s deadly coronavirus surge this spring.

He invited Harris to visit his country, telling her that Indians “are waiting to welcome you” and calling her “the source of inspiration for so many people across the world.” Harris, who visited Southeast Asia last month, did not immediately commit to a trip.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

lol:

Despite the mild pressure, the two leaders shared warm words, including praise from Harris for India’s role in producing COVID-19 vaccines for the world. Modi thanked Harris for offering a “sense of kinship” in a phone call during his country’s deadly coronavirus surge this spring.

He invited Harris to visit his country, telling her that Indians “are waiting to welcome you” and calling her “the source of inspiration for so many people across the world.” Harris, who visited Southeast Asia last month, did not immediately commit to a trip.

that bad, huh

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Organ Fiend posted:

Deal from strength or get crushed every time

https://youtu.be/vPRfP_TEQ-g

this was so loving awesome, one of the funniest things to happen in that primary

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

If we were to accept Haitians into this country that could increase the level of child poverty in this country. Shame on you Cspam

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Kim Bong Chill posted:

As usual, leftists can’t stand being only 90% right.
against my better judgement in earnestly engaging this dumb post from a lovely rereg: leftists would probably be elated at being 90% right if it meant 90% control of government policy. however unlike liberals, leftists also recognize that being 90 or even 100% right has absolutely nothing to do, on its own, with affecting outcomes, which is kinda what the rest of that post that apparently went over your head, was hinting at

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
was listening to Richard Medhurst and he made the point that even The Squad / progressives have their own version of a "rotating villain" - in July, Ilhan Omar voted FOR giving money to Israel, and AOC voted AGAINST

then today, Omar voted AGAINST giving money to Israel (for the Iron Dome), and AOC voted PRESENT

and a similar dynamic plays out when considering the 15 dollar minimum wage, Pelosi's speakership, and giving more money to the Capitol police: there's always SOMEONE within this cabal of four-to-six House Democrats that gets to vote AGAINST, just so that they try and maintain a veneer of progressivism, but it's never the same people, and it's never enough of them to sink the bill

I guess another comparison would be the Obama-era GOP taking purely symbolic votes on repealing the PPACA, even if it fails, just so that everyone gets it on their record that they voted to repeal the PPACA as soon as possible

in this case, at this point everyone in The Squad has at least one vote against Israel, just spread out across multiple different bills, all of which passed regardless

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

gradenko_2000 posted:

was listening to Richard Medhurst and he made the point that even The Squad / progressives have their own version of a "rotating villain" - in July, Ilhan Omar voted FOR giving money to Israel, and AOC voted AGAINST

then today, Omar voted AGAINST giving money to Israel (for the Iron Dome), and AOC voted PRESENT

and a similar dynamic plays out when considering the 15 dollar minimum wage, Pelosi's speakership, and giving more money to the Capitol police: there's always SOMEONE within this cabal of four-to-six House Democrats that gets to vote AGAINST, just so that they try and maintain a veneer of progressivism, but it's never the same people, and it's never enough of them to sink the bill

I guess another comparison would be the Obama-era GOP taking purely symbolic votes on repealing the PPACA, even if it fails, just so that everyone gets it on their record that they voted to repeal the PPACA as soon as possible

in this case, at this point everyone in The Squad has at least one vote against Israel, just spread out across multiple different bills, all of which passed regardless

This always works, too - witness people in this very thread saying that Ilhan Omar is The Good One or whatever. then give it a few months and it'll be "actually AOC is the good one" again. The only real move is to realise they're all loving opportunists, there are no heroes, they all suck

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mostly Lurking posted:

haha christ AOC is so pathetic. Enjoy the money.

She's still going to get redistricted out for even daring to vote no lol.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HiHo ChiRho posted:

She's still going to get redistricted out for even daring to vote no lol.

oh yeah she'll be in real trouble if she suddenly has to win a primary in queens

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Outside the subject of the vote, I don't understand the people still on the AOC bandwagon. How do you watch her get approached by the person she is supposed to be at least somewhat in conflict with per her own repeated claims, get totally owned and change her vote, then go and cry and somehow think this person is a strong fighter in any regard?

Anyone that has been paying the slightest attention to her over the last year (and before that smarter people than me had totally abandoned hope in her and the Squad) knows she's totally phony on all of her stated policies but this little interaction seems to be to be the most damaging to her as an actual politician since it illustrated quite perfectly her station within the party in a very visual way.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

lol:

wonder how often Harris's dad wishes they had gotten an abortion

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Eggplant Squire posted:

Outside the subject of the vote, I don't understand the people still on the AOC bandwagon. How do you watch her get approached by the person she is supposed to be at least somewhat in conflict with per her own repeated claims, get totally owned and change her vote, then go and cry and somehow think this person is a strong fighter in any regard?

Anyone that has been paying the slightest attention to her over the last year (and before that smarter people than me had totally abandoned hope in her and the Squad) knows she's totally phony on all of her stated policies but this little interaction seems to be to be the most damaging to her as an actual politician since it illustrated quite perfectly her station within the party in a very visual way.

Well, you're right. Almost no one pays attention. It's all about the brand baby.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

my bony fealty posted:

wonder how often Harris's dad wishes they had gotten an abortion

guessing less often than yours does

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jabronie posted:

Well, you're right. Almost no one pays attention. It's all about the brand baby.

Yeah but it's funny when someone has to walk that fine line of presenting themselves as a very smart political understander and also explaining why AOC is the vanguard of the leftist movement and why her latest antics are actually not an indication she has sold out at worst and at best is a huge loser no one in her party respects.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loving loooooooooooooool

417 yes votes and Pelosi made her switch from no to present solely for the purpose of embarrassing her

i can't believe i liked AOC for a few minutes back in 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

I thought this "silent left wing majority" schtick died with Bernie's campaign. Politicians don't do anything progressive because there's no progressive mass movement.

I'm not talking about ideological progressivism (and neither, I suspect, is anyone else who has ever been accused of this). It's any popular policy that is opposed by big business. Even poo poo like gun control, which is not a progressive value but is widely supported by the public in every poll, is considered an impossibility not even worth talking about because powerful lobbies make preventing it their main reason for existence. The people want it, but the politicians don't, so it won't ever happen. How is that democratic?

quote:

How is the DNC-NGO industrial complex so effective at controlling the entire American left, but absolute poo poo at winning general elections?

Because the interests don't really care which side wins the general election, they care about preventing policies which would end their gravy train, this is like america 101

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

loving loooooooooooooool

417 yes votes and Pelosi made her switch from no to present solely for the purpose of embarrassing her

Pelosi's obvious hatred of her is so funny considering how AOC has turned into the party's biggest advocate in an attempt to garner any favor at all.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

loving loooooooooooooool

its like watching posters after they get a forums star, never turns out well

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 13:02 on Sep 24, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its like watching posters after getting a forums star, never turns out well

oh so that’s why mods always feel so prosecuted.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Eggplant Squire posted:

Pelosi's obvious hatred of her is so funny considering how AOC has turned into the party's biggest advocate in an attempt to garner any favor at all.

i thought they were bffs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
pelosified and loving it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
crack pining today that Biden is going to put Haitians in Gitmo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

heard dems are bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1441115282219560961?s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/JaniceDean/status/1441365393541533696?s=19

Chris too

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

pelosi is molding aoc, not hating her

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

laughingcuomos.gif

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Excelzior posted:

pelosi is molding aoc, not hating her

it’s a spirit transfer. pelosi will simply take over AOC and continue her reign unopposed

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is anyone really surprised?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm sure CNN will do the right thing once three or four more women come forward with adequate legal representation and Jeff Zucker gets asked about it one too many times at parties by liberal spouses of billionaires

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/dailyposter/status/1441383826622611460?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

god biden looks so loving old