Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Barudak posted:

Nah, still not up.

Sable needs a patch real bad for performance but this game is great

Had my eye on this game for a while and watched a video review earlier and holy poo poo you were not kidding about the weirdness of the player character being limited to 24fps animation while the game runs at 60fps, it looks jarring as heck and I know there's an argument for stylistic choices and such but that just looks terrible in every way :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You can play the Halo infinite Bot matches and firing range right now, no need to wait for multiplayer to get a feel for weapons

its very much followed the MW2019 winning strategy of modernising a cult classic and it feels very good to play. Like halo but faster, without being too fast. its scaled well.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Barudak posted:

Nah, still not up.

Sable needs a patch real bad for performance but this game is great

Are you on PC or XB?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

All three GBA titles, holy crap. That is a lot of game.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Halo Infinite feels pretty good to play! I was just playing MCC yesterday and it feels like it should feel but even smoother, I'm impressed so far.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Halowns

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I cannot loving believe I slept on sea of thieves for this long. This is so loving good and it's nice to have another online social outlet for my partner and I besides discord dungeons and dragons.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

Oh man, I think I might be done with Gamepass for PC, at least until they revamp the app for Windows 11. It's great value and I'm desperate to complete Psychonauts 2 and the Artful Escape, but the app itself is just so poo poo. It's recently been giving me this weird bug where I can't choose an install drive for games, even on a clean install. There''s 'gaming services' service that the app installs from the Windows store, and once that's installed it just stops everything working for some reason. It's hard to recommend it to friends as 'Netflix, but for games!' when you know the whole thing is so janky and might require registry edits etc (which might not even fix the problem). It's a huge bummer because most of my time on PC has been spent via gamepass games, but I'm just so sick of fighting against the stupid app and its stupid way of managing games, certain games refusing to install for some reason, etc etc. And then you switch to something like Steam that just doesn't care if you've reinstalled Windows, swapped your drives around, or whatever else, and always just works. I really hope their promised Windows 11 revamp changes things.

Windows Gaming Services got an update! It works now (for now). Thank you to one of the worlds biggest and most infrastructurally significant companies for fixing their poo poo. I got to finish the Artful Escape, which I really liked.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Laserface posted:

You can play the Halo infinite Bot matches and firing range right now, no need to wait for multiplayer to get a feel for weapons

its very much followed the MW2019 winning strategy of modernising a cult classic and it feels very good to play. Like halo but faster, without being too fast. its scaled well.

Hmm, I got another email about the flight but still can't play, says I'm too early, and it's just the 280MB install at the moment.

Patience?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Getting to the end of Sable now, and I really dig that the ending of the game fits extremely well with the games theme. Its slightly a shame that its significantly easier to get certain endings versus others, with merchant in particular being extremely easy to get, while the climber is super involved and requires you to have been able to get at least one other ending first. I'm gonna try and 1000/1000 this because it is just absolutely my jam but one quest hinges on finding collectibles and right now it feels like there are significantly more on the map than what you need to get the achievement, but that could turn out to be a lie and I will curse the sky as I am short a few.

As far as QoL goes for some inexplicable reason they knew the hover bike should teleport to wherever you fast traveled to last, but it will not come to you when you call it if you're outside its radius, so often if you explore and end up too far from it, it is significantly, significantly faster to just fast travel and then hop onto it and drive back to wherever you were going.

I also wish (and it feels like it was intended to be a more full-featured feature) the mail system did more.

Every minute playing it reminds me how much Breath of the Wild sucks in comparison.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

I cannot loving believe I slept on sea of thieves for this long. This is so loving good and it's nice to have another online social outlet for my partner and I besides discord dungeons and dragons.

It took a long timr to get good so waiting was correct

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Hmm, I got another email about the flight but still can't play, says I'm too early, and it's just the 280MB install at the moment.

Patience?

You have to download the Xbox Insider Hub app on your console, open it, click on 'Previews' and select Halo Infinite for the actual install.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

John F Bennett posted:

You have to download the Xbox Insider Hub app on your console, open it, click on 'Previews' and select Halo Infinite for the actual install.

Excellent, just started the download, thank you.

Hard to believe that with all the preparation they're doing bit by bit that anyone thought this would be launching a year ago.

I feel bad for the developers because they obviously knew there was no chance it was coming out last year but some executive has demanded they show that preview in July 2020.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ymmv but Lost Judgment base version was sharply discounted for me, from $80cad to $56cad. Not sure why.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Uh holy poo poo, Halo is loving great

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
It good it good

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The grappling hook is not a gimmick as I first assumed, it's a legit part of Halo gameplay now. It's really good.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

The grappling hook is not a gimmick as I first assumed, it's a legit part of Halo gameplay now. It's really good.

The physics on it are pitch perfect for multiplayer. Just really fun to use and opens up so many tactical options.

I know there are plenty of reasons to think the single player campaign might be a problem but the F2P multiplayer is gunna loving destroy.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Uh holy poo poo, Halo is loving great

It really does own hardcore, xbox stays winning. Just remember its F2P as well, this winter is gonna be good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm all in on the stupid battle pass cosmetic poo poo too. Gonna grind so I can make my spartan have a huge goofy helmet and be the perfect shade of blue.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the grapple mantle u on top of stuff automatically or is it bullshit

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

John F Bennett posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/pubak0/what_if_we_gave_spiderman_a_rocket_launcher/

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Is playing the beta as simple as installing something or did I need to sign up for something a while back?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You had to have been registered on the test flight site by like mid September. I think(?) next weekend is truly open though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

It took a long timr to get good so waiting was correct

Was there just a lack of content or something? Because the sailing alone is personally the star of the show, it feels amazing to be working the brigantine as a team with my partner and we are trying to rope a couple more people in so we can rock the galleon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, Sea of Thieves did not have anywhere near the content it has now and really needed more stuff to do when it launched

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I couldn't connect to Halo's multiplayer so I just played with bots for like half an hour and really enjoyed it!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I couldn't connect to Halo's multiplayer so I just played with bots for like half an hour and really enjoyed it!

MP is not 24/7, there are only certain blocks per day.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
pvp should be up now for like 2 hours or some poo poo why didn't 343 just make the entire flight pvp enabled

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BoosterDuck posted:

pvp should be up now for like 2 hours or some poo poo why didn't 343 just make the entire flight pvp enabled
They're testing max server load. It's not for your convenience/enjoyment.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Very excited for there maybe to be a f2p shooter that'll get me off of Fortnite and isn't CoD

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

They're testing max server load. It's not for your convenience/enjoyment.

Developers actually considering the servers before a big launch is so alien.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kri kri posted:

MP is not 24/7, there are only certain blocks per day.

Ohhhhh, I was playing an hour early :doh: For some reason I thought it was 9AM-11AMPT. Whoops!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sable update: cursing the sky as you do indeed need to hunt down all the little fuckers for the final achievement and there is no in game finding assistance other than noting on the map the locations of the ones you found. Well time to get all the other achievements, I guess.

SUNKOS posted:

Had my eye on this game for a while and watched a video review earlier and holy poo poo you were not kidding about the weirdness of the player character being limited to 24fps animation while the game runs at 60fps, it looks jarring as heck and I know there's an argument for stylistic choices and such but that just looks terrible in every way :stare:

It looks so bad. The only time it ever looks good is under certain lighting conditions and outfits where it looks sort of like its running at 60. It is the most no sensical artistic choice I've seen in a long time. It just looks so loving bad every single second you're moving and anything else is moving which is all the drat time

Its on game pass, but like as much as I adore this game it needs performance patching so badly

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Halo pvp looks sick honestly

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's fun. I'm pretty bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

It's fun. I'm pretty bad.
:same:

I'm used to Call of Duty where I'm not great but I can do alright. In this I'm averaging a couple kills per match and that's if I'm lucky lol

e:
https://twitter.com/Sprucelass/status/1441433049850425344

:allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 24, 2021

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

As someone who's never played Halo, this looks like it would be incredibly unfun to play against.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re not doing that right now while yelling like Kenshiro what are you even doing.