Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

I think the rule is you can’t go 180 pulls, not anything about stuff that is off pity.

e: I don’t know where I pulled 180 from. Idk it’s a nice number. But triple soft pity is 225? Either way that’s what is bound by the one of each thing.
You're right, they gave roll thresholds in the video and my mind just converted that to consecutive pities for some reason. My bad I was very wrong.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If they literally had a sale where you could buy a limited time 5 star for $50, no wishes spent, no primos consumed, you just get a C0 of a character you don't have during their limited time event wish, how much more money do you think Mihoyo would have? Genshin has pretty much replaced my usual gaming schedule of buying games on steam and not playing them.

I think they'd have more money, but the reddit crowd would be even more loudly discontent. With the current system, people who dump in money to pull for characters ultimately deemed "underwhelming" at C0 will get 4*s along the way. I assume that mitigates the post-gamble regret a little bit.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

I think the rule is you can’t go 180 pulls, not anything about stuff that is off pity.

It's 270. Every 30 pulls on standard banner is guaranteed to have both a 4* character and weapon and every 270 pulls is guaranteed to have both a 5* character and weapon.

There's a channel on the Discord called #roll-salt if folks want to post the results of their taking heavy Luck scales without being accused of trying to destroy people financially.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I got conned by the weapon banner system. That thing is definitely intended to gently caress with you. Better to miss once and give up.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was going to say that I've never pulled on the weapon banner, but looking at paimon.moe I'm wrong.

I've pulled on it 3 times.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Araganzar posted:

It's 270. Every 30 pulls on standard banner is guaranteed to have both a 4* character and weapon and every 270 pulls is guaranteed to have both a 5* character and weapon.

There's a channel on the Discord called #roll-salt if folks want to post the results of their taking heavy Luck scales without being accused of trying to destroy people financially.

Huh where is there info on this standard banner guarantee of weapon/character? I had no idea/can't find it under banner info.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
When do you think there will be a weapon banner with Rust on it?

I will wish on a weapon banner for a 4* weapon that is already available on every character event banner. Pretty sure that R2 would improve physical dmg more than crowning fischl's attack talent would.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

I was going to say that I've never pulled on the weapon banner, but looking at paimon.moe I'm wrong.

I've pulled on it 3 times.

that and the standard banner are the only way to get 5 star weapons. The banner's been pretty lovely to me in most cases. Raiden's signature weapon is my only major breakthrough. ... but it does feel good.

Getting weapon dupes are way worse than character dupes, though. No idea what I'm going to do with my R2 Bell I don't use sitting next to my R5 Bell I don't use.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

My only 5* bow is the Amos bow that I pulled off the standard banner.

Characters > Weapons

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Huh where is there info on this standard banner guarantee of weapon/character? I had no idea/can't find it under banner info.

It's a hidden mechanic like the soft pity, it was supposedly supported by hard data but the link to that hard data on the wiki is no longer valid so :shrug:

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Wanderlust_Invocation

quote:

In addition to the published rules for obtaining 4 and 5* characters and weapons on this banner, there appears to be a system that helps to force a 50/50 ratio between characters/weapons in the short term. Every 270 pulls will contain both a 5* character and weapon, while every 30 pulls will have both a 4* character and weapon. In other words, it is impossible to do 270 pulls without a 5* weapon, and likewise impossible to do 270 pulls without a 5* character.[4]

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This is the most relevant research regarding this special weapon/character pity on the standard banner:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/o9v0c0/comment/h3dt6t5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Full source and information below:
https://www.hoyolab.com/article/497840
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/o9v0c0/soft_and_hard_pity_explained_based_on_24m_wishes/

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I feel like gacha mechanics aren't something you should have to research lol.

Redmark fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 24, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Redmark posted:

I feel like gacha machanics aren't something you should have to research lol.
If they were honest, one pull would cost 1600 primogems and you would be guaranteed a 5* every 8 pulls, but this would also guarantee a huge player dropoff when they can't get that gacha dripfeed.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

has there been any more evidence on that new 5* bow in 5.2? i know going for weapons as a non-whale is dumb but it would probably be BiS for childe (who is my current main besides xiao) and I don't think I'm gonna be into any of the other 5* rateups coming in the next patch or two, so

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they changed the name of it the other day

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

My only 5* bow is the Amos bow that I pulled off the standard banner.

Characters > Weapons

That's a flat out awesome bow, so your argument is self defeating :colbert:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i've lost the 50/50 five out of 6 times

gently caress

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just got home.

I had KQ c1 before the record starts. No, I never rolled on her banner.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I keep pulling 5* bows off the standard, I have 1 harp and 2 Amos, idk what to even do with the 2nd one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm a bit out of the loop here, do we know who's the next 5* after Kokomi yet? I'm not pulling for her but I'm at like 40 pulls into 50/50 and stocking primos so I want to know just how much it's going to sting when I get Qiqi'd on the next 5* banner.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no, because the next patch is rerun banners they won't announce them until the new version stream in about a week

beta stuff has hinted to Childe/Hu Tao but there's no solid confirmation afaik

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

We know with a certain degree of confidence that it will be reruns, which is still speculation but theres a good chance one will be hutao or ganyu just because those are next on the list of reruns.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Okay, thanks. It would certainly hurt if I got Qiqi'd on a Hu Tao rerun when I don't have her C1. Oof.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

next abyss is hydro/pyro, i think ganyu is totally debunked at this point unless they've got some serious comedians over there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ftr the rumor mill is that yae miko isnt coming until 2.5 so if youre interested in her youre in the clear for a while.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It would be cool if they ran unpopular base character in the banner if they were acconpanied by a story quest that permanently buffed the unit. That would be a sure fire way for newer people to run a banner that has Kequing or Qiqi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It would be cool if they ran unpopular base character in the banner if they were acconpanied by a story quest that permanently buffed the unit. That would be a sure fire way for newer people to run a banner that has Kequing or Qiqi
thats how fgo does it a lot of the time but iunno how genshin will handle permanent buffs going forward/if they even plan to do it. hopefully they do, buffs are cool so long as they dont overcorrect it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Pyro Archon is Bennet but the burst's atk increase works in or outside the healing field.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Pyro Archon is Bennet

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

ftr the rumor mill is that yae miko isnt coming until 2.5 so if youre interested in her youre in the clear for a while.

She's electro though so unless she's crazy nuts good or provides some kind of overworld utility I'm not too fussed if I miss out, but good to know nonetheless.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bennet's luck being so bad that he's lost one of his rank stars and thus his availability is heightened would be a funny bit of story/gameplay integration.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Since we're talking about luck, or lack thereof...

Kazuha rerun when? Skipped him the first time around even though his trial was really fun because I wanted Ayaka more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Since we're talking about luck, or lack thereof...

Kazuha rerun when? Skipped him the first time around even though his trial was really fun because I wanted Ayaka more.

I'm gonna guess next May if there's a content drought to slot him into.

Anyway, I've been playing this game since October 8th and I only just found out that overusing Fragile resin pushes your current amount over the max.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I vote for not using a pull tracker.

Can just open up phone transaction history if I really wanted to.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

We know with a certain degree of confidence that it will be reruns, which is still speculation but theres a good chance one will be hutao or ganyu just because those are next on the list of reruns.

Everyone always forgets about poor Albedo. Dude just can't catch a break.

So far all the rerun speculation has shifted every five minutes and no one knows anything. Aside from Albedo the block of characters that are coming up are all super meta, so if they decide to run Childe again it's going to be hilarious in a dumb way.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

if they rerun hu tao i am totally saving up so i can get her c1 this time around

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I hope and pray for Childe since I only just started playing at the end of August and he's my favorite character.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I missed out on Klee due to 50/50 twice so give her another rerun

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mae posted:

I missed out on Klee due to 50/50 twice so give her another rerun

Same. I'll even whale for her if I miss again. I didn't last time because I had all of the other characters at C6 on her banner, but I feel like crap for not having her when I see all of the cool comps she's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I'm AR52, and I had never run the Mondstadt talent domain so I decided to try it out. Surprisingly, it IS bad! I ran it with Yoimiya, Raiden, and Xiangling which did just fine. The icicles and stamina penalty are just absurd though. The icicles don't even have any kind of stacking prevention so they just rain 5 icicles in a row to stunlock you unless you sprint like hell away.