Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

this sounds like a Pat from Achewood complaint

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
CSPAM is fine, attempt no landings here

posting like you have brain damage seems kinda bad tho

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Unoriginal Name posted:

posting like you have brain damage

jokes on you,

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Imo if a mod wants to be considered good they should chain probe this guy.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

just gonna reiterate that vlogging on somethingawful is the sign of a diseased mind and against the spirit of what the forums have become (a rejection of the modern internet in favor of a space where your real identity is not linked in any way to your posting identity)

https://i.imgur.com/72P2A6n.mp4

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ban

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

thank u for ur service :golfclap:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
are you allowed to say the r-word if it's in a vlog?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

why do you people need to say the r-word

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

cspam is up to its eyeballs with liberals that think they're leftists and something must be done about this. the last time i pointed this out i was mercilessly helldumped for being really strong and good at swordfighting. something should be done about that too.

there's a lot of problems in this subforum and a lot of posters need to be banned

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Dustcat posted:

i think people would say it less if it weren't for all the retards posting here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 55 days!

jarofpiss posted:

cspam is up to its eyeballs with liberals that think they're leftists and something must be done about this.

its true

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

Ok but what if I'm achingly handsome and have a soothing voice

turn on my monitor

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am renting a house with a pool, so I readily accept my "liberal" status. Online leftists are a sad lot anyway. They share pictures of skeletons with sunglasses on and call it "praxis."

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

are you allowed to say the r-word if it's in a vlog?

rlogs

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Dustcat posted:

banning it is even dumber than saying it :shrug:

I don't even feel compelled to use it, it's just an even dumber thing to try and moderate than the act of saying it

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jazerus posted:

just gonna reiterate that vlogging on somethingawful is the sign of a diseased mind and against the spirit of what the forums have become (a rejection of the modern internet in favor of a space where your real identity is not linked in any way to your posting identity)

I’m not here for anonymity….I’m here cause everyone is generally over 30 and not chuds

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

If we ban all the liberals who would be left to keep posting?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jarofpiss posted:

cspam is up to its eyeballs with liberals that think they're leftists and something must be done about this. the last time i pointed this out i was mercilessly helldumped for being really strong and good at swordfighting. something should be done about that too.

there's a lot of problems in this subforum and a lot of posters need to be banned

helldumped

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Marzzle posted:

I don't even feel compelled to use it, it's just an even dumber thing to try and moderate than the act of saying it

the whole purpose of having mods is so that they can carefully curate a bad words list and play bad word bingo with reports

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I left this Women's March sign up in my last garage

It's my Lib Calling Card

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

SKULL.GIF posted:

thanks for reading my negatively-slanted feedback and good night

force skull gift to mod again

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Marzzle posted:

how

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’m a beautiful boater

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jarofpiss posted:

You should have bought yourself some kantanas OP. Not whatever western broadsword garbage you did.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Alec Eiffel posted:

I am renting a house with a pool

holy loving poo poo dude, wow, that's amazing

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just did LiveScan fingerprinting today to clear myself to teach children. Happy to mod the forums to give everyone peace of mind.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

gay_crimes posted:

the whole purpose of having mods is so that they can carefully curate a bad words list and play bad word bingo with reports

it's the dumbest possible thing to moderate on and there's infinite ways to circumvent the spirit of the rule while sticking to the letter. "buncha microencephalatics itt smdh" etc etc. people will want to call eachother dumb no matter what. banning one word to do it with does nothing to protect a marginalized group and only serves as another way for mods to wield power as they pursue personal grudges and back up their posting pals when their feelings are hurt. if it was actually a big deal mods wouldn't wait a week to find a mention of the forbidden word and then probe

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Sep 24, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tyler Whitney posted:

force skull gift to mod again

https://mobile.twitter.com/EverySheriff/status/1441376238879322112

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lux Animus posted:

No offense to is intended to Crusty Nutsack when I say that she doesn't need to be a mod any more.

She was made IK of the CoolZone thread because at the time of the BLM protests last year she was incredibly online and very present in that thread, regularly updating her protest livestream spreadsheet. If people started posting bloodlust in the thread, she was there and saw it happening live and as IK she slapped it down before people got too nasty about what they wanted to do to cops and chuds.

A while later, Crusty was at some point the only Mod in CSPAM, and I get the feeling that this change made her feel compelled to run a tight ship. I recall her being very responsive to the time I requested that people use the word 'oval office' only in Aussie threads (a trend I'd noticed happening in the Leper's Colony), but as the only CSPAM mod this brand of policing made her the sole arbiter of the forum's language, which grated on a lot of posters' nerves for better or for worse.

I'm not requesting here that Crusty Nutsack step down, rather I only ask that she consider whether the role of mod is something that she has the time and energy for any more. She seems a lot more busy IRL than she was last year during the BLM protests, and so maybe the influx of new mods and IKs from this feedback thread means that she can actually take a step back from being beholden to a comedy politics forum.

you got the history part right, but it was the opposite when I became the only cspam mod. I checked the gently caress out because I was angry that the admins demodded the only other two mods, leaving me to run it alone. I didn't sign up for that; I don't want to be the only arbiter of rules or punishments or anything else. just in sheer size it's impossible for one person to run effectively as a volunteer and also have a life. at the time that happened, my personal life was better than it had been in a long time, so I just told the admins I was mostly checked out because I had better things to do. I kept in touch with the iks (because they rock and deserve mod support), but pretty much stopped doing reports completely at that time lol so I can understand how any actions I took during that period were seen as hostile or parachuting in or something. I only dealt with things that were brought to my attention by users or admins, really.

now that there's more new mods I'm paying more attention and more engaged again, but thunderbeast, drey and vyelkin are the ones still doing the grunt work while I just try and help them navigate the mod forum bs, provide feedback, offer history about poo poo they might not remember or know from the mod side, etc. I am definitely aware that I can step down at any time, but I do care about cspam and hope that I can offer the new mods something useful.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Christ almighty, I thought mod stood for "modification" and that I'd be become a spoiler on a 2006 Volkswagen GTI or something. I withdrawal my name from consideration.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

dead gay comedy forums posted:

holy loving poo poo dude, wow, that's amazing

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I do care about cspam and hope that I can offer the new mods something useful.

Hey thanks for the response! I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, now that it's not so stressful, and it's good you can still be involved in bettering the community here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://i.imgur.com/eFSNi60.mp4