Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol who cares oh no a bunch of genetically enhanced supertoddlers also starving to death in 2030 with everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
OK, what the gently caress is going on in the scene over the bed? It looks like angels kneeling besides the body of Christ in a tomb, Mary(?) looking like she's about the wow the crowd by sawing him in half, and there's also a disembodied head for some reason?

"Can't sleep, Mother of God will eat me.
Can't sleep, Mother of God will eat me."

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

frankenfreak posted:

OK, what the gently caress is going on in the scene over the bed? It looks like angels kneeling besides the body of Christ in a tomb, Mary(?) looking like she's about the wow the crowd by sawing him in half, and there's also a disembodied head for some reason?

"Can't sleep, Mother of God will eat me.
Can't sleep, Mother of God will eat me."

I have no loving idea. i saw it a while ago and it was creepy enough that i remembered it. that and him working at the cia are all i know about him

https://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/09/my-summer-job-nearly-20-years-ago.html

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Gloria Vanderbilt started making dollhouses after her other son committed suicide in front of her.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Jesus. :stare:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

Gloria Vanderbilt started making dollhouses after her other son committed suicide in front of her.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/reallybadposter/status/1168374890266628097?s=19

Cooper went to Dalton (same place Epstein got hired to teach, also the person who hired Epstein ended up with allegations of abuse as well)

He also interned at the CIA for 2 summers in college

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

GWBBQ posted:

she pushed him

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

Cooper went to Dalton (same place Epstein got hired to teach, also the person who hired Epstein ended up with allegations of abuse as well)

interesting. do you happen to know the name of the man who hired epstein? also, did he write any obscure fiction? furthermore, did he have any notable children, perhaps with their own connection to epstein?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1441571960761171979?s=19

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If I was a politician, I would award my enemies accolades and medals to unperson them in their social groups.

I'm aware that that isn't what's happening here, I was thinking of the "pre-crime" units that harass innocent individuals until someone in their community shoots them for being a cop.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

scary ghost dog posted:

interesting. do you happen to know the name of the man who hired epstein? also, did he write any obscure fiction? furthermore, did he have any notable children, perhaps with their own connection to epstein?

yeah his kid helped him fake his suicide lol

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Mameluke posted:

Why? I took a brief look through his page and he didn't seem to be a big leftist nor did his Dem successor seem particularly spooky. Was there some vote or was he like a war opponent?

My theory is that he was compromised by a Russian or Israeli spy (he was on the House Intelligence Committee)with one of his affairs, and when Chandra got pregnant she threatened to spill the beans if he didn't support her, and got killed by someone cuz of it.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Chuka Umana posted:

when Chandra got pregnant she threatened to spill the beans if he didn't support her, and got killed by someone cuz of it.
New Magic: The Gathering extended universe looking loving grim.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What's up with the who fentanyl laced coke thing.

I understand cutting fentanyl into heroin to stretch supply. Why is it ending up in coke? Is it actually happening a lot, or is it just hyped up by social media?

Asking here because the CIA are the world's #1 drug dealers.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's cartel competition, CIA being a (though dominant) cartel. The media reports aren't overblown but they're not particularly ghastly or blaring either. If you can carry Narcan you should- even if you don't use you might be friends with someone who might. And trust me you might not know they do.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Ffs rich people need to go

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Someone said it's dealers who work with both products not cleaning off their scales between baggings. I guess that would be the Occam's Razor account but I don't buy it, dealers are usually careful not to kill their clients (except most heroin dealers) (so why wouldn't they kill off their coke users if they sell dope? Dopeheads are... don't know how to phrase this but if someone ODs from a batch most of them will rush to get their hands on that batch, providing incentive for dope dealers to sell a "bomb" bag or two; they're two different customer bases).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

keith moon was into some crazy poo poo man, iunno what else to say

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

I understand cutting fentanyl into heroin to stretch supply. Why is it ending up in coke? Is it actually happening a lot, or is it just hyped up by social media?

Asking here because the CIA are the world's #1 drug dealers.

fentanyl in coke is a thing and people are dying because, like you, they dont expect fentanyl in their coke

idgi either

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
citations needed doing an episode on cold war propaganda by funding individualist writing styles through things like the Iowa writers group. haven't listened to the full thing but it could be a good intro for someone that needs a lib friendly veneer

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Charles Mansion posted:

fentanyl in coke is a thing and people are dying because, like you, they dont expect fentanyl in their coke

idgi either

I’m wondering how those supply chains are going. the boats and planes aren’t going around as much. it’s been hard to get ahold of some pretty common stuff like rubbing alcohol, so disruptions to manufacturing seem likely. any knowledge?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I’m wondering how those supply chains are going. the boats and planes aren’t going around as much. it’s been hard to get ahold of some pretty common stuff like rubbing alcohol, so disruptions to manufacturing seem likely. any knowledge?

schwag is gone in texas, cheap ditch weed shipped from mexico is over. i'd assume clandestine shipping is about the same as before frankly. the domestic drug industry is going bonkers, i'm seeing molly and lsd more than ever before but i'm not around coke or heroin. i work in a hotel so i see a fuckton of meth and can tell usage has gone way up since feb 2020 when the world ended. we flush a ton each month

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
related news

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/entertainment/michael-k-williams-cause-of-death/index.html

Actor Michael K. Williams died from "acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine," the New York City Medical Examiner's Officer has determined.

His death was deemed to be accidental in nature, a spokesperson for the office said in a statement on Friday.

:smith:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
how many actors have died because of a speedball gone wrong? like at least 2 dozen over the last 30 years or so?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

robin could handle his poo poo i guess

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

the person who hired Epstein was AG Barr's dad lmao

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

related news

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/entertainment/michael-k-williams-cause-of-death/index.html

Actor Michael K. Williams died from "acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine," the New York City Medical Examiner's Officer has determined.

His death was deemed to be accidental in nature, a spokesperson for the office said in a statement on Friday.

:smith:

omar on tv, bubbles in real life

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1440693979889094656

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

Sharp Objects was implausible because it didn't go far enough.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

every time, this brings the "this is evil" alarm at full strength. reminds me of one of freud's best commentaries

Sigmund Freud, The Uncanny posted:

It is only rarely that a psychoanalyst feels impelled to investigate the subject of aesthetics even when aesthetics is understood to mean not merely the theory of beauty, but the theory of the qualities of feeling. He works in other planes of mental life and has little to do with those subdued emotional activities which, inhibited in their aims and dependent upon a multitude of concurrent factors, usually furnish the material for the study of aesthetics. But it does occasionally happen that he has to interest himself in some particular province of that subject; and then it usually proves to be a rather remote region of it and one that has been neglected in standard works.

The subject of the “uncanny” is a province of this kind. It undoubtedly belongs to all that is terrible—to all that arouses dread and creeping horror; it is equally certain, too, that the word is not always used in a clearly definable sense, so that it tends to coincide with whatever excites dread. Yet we may expect that it implies some intrinsic quality which justifies the use of a special name. One is curious to know what this peculiar quality is which allows us to distinguish as “uncanny” certain things within the boundaries of what is “fearful.”

[...]

Two courses are open to us at the start. Either we can find out what meaning has come to be attached to the word “uncanny” in the course of its history; or we can collect all those properties of persons, things, sensations, experiences and situations which arouse in us the feeling of uncanniness, and then infer the unknown nature of the uncanny from what they all have in common. I will say at once that both courses lead to the same result: the “uncanny” is that class of the terrifying which leads back to something long known to us, once very familiar. How this is possible, in what circumstances the familiar can become uncanny and frightening, I shall show in what follows.

[...]

Let us take the uncanny in connection with the omnipotence of thoughts, instantaneous wish-fulfillments, secret power to do harm and the return of the dead. The condition under which the feeling of uncanniness arises here is unmistakable. We—or our primitive forefathers—once believed in the possibility of these things and were convinced that they really happened. Nowadays we no longer believe in them, we have surmounted such ways of thought; but we do not feel quite sure of our new set of beliefs, and the old ones still exist within us ready to seize upon any confirmation. As soon as something actually happens in our lives which seems to support the old, discarded beliefs, we get a feeling of the uncanny; and it is as though we were making a judgment something like this: “So, after all, it is true that one can kill a person by merely desiring his death!” or, “Then the dead do continue to live and appear before our eyes on the scene of their former activities!”, and so on. And conversely, he who has completely and finally dispelled animistic beliefs in himself, will be insensible to this type of the uncanny. The most remarkable coincidences of desire and fulfillment, the most mysterious recurrence of similar experiences in a particular place or on a particular date, the most deceptive sights and suspicious noises — none of these things will take him in or raise that kind of fear which can be described as “a fear of something uncanny.” For the whole matter is one of “testing reality,” pure and simple, a question of the material reality of the phenomena.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I can't say I agree with every statement in this song but it felt very appropriate for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frJ3e0hxPE

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

nut posted:

if you wanna know how brazenly psychology has been used to try and consolidate capitalism look no further than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapetomania

quote:

If the white man attempts to oppose the Deity's will, by trying to make the negro anything else than "the submissive knee-bender" (which the Almighty declared he should be), by trying to raise him to a level with himself, or by putting himself on an equality with the negro; or if he abuses the power which God has given him over his fellow-man, by being cruel to him, or punishing him in anger, or by neglecting to protect him from the wanton abuses of his fellow-servants and all others, or by denying him the usual comforts and necessaries of life, the negro will run away; but if he keeps him in the position that we learn from the Scriptures he was intended to occupy, that is, the position of submission; and if his master or overseer be kind and gracious in his bearing towards him, without condescension, and at the same time ministers to his physical wants, and protects him from abuses, the negro is spell-bound, and cannot run away.

This guy was the og car-covered-in-duct-tape-covered-in-scrawled-text owner

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Because any congressman voting to not give CIA ghouls a public payday would eventually get eaten by the ghouls.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[actively being eaten by ghouls] just give them what they want and they might not eat you

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/1442131873396887557

*blink*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Organic Lube User posted:

Because any congressman voting to not give CIA ghouls a public payday would eventually commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head twice and setting their corpse on fire.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I'm a small chunk into the huge A Terrible Mistake by H.P. Albarelli Jr. about Frank Olson (popularly cited in the thread before as some of the only evidence of US intelligence involvement in the Pont-Saint-Esprit ergot mass poisoning event) and I have to say I'm pretty blown away. Tons of details that clarify a whole lot. Highlights so far include Dr. L. Wilson Greene giving a 1952 Chem Corps conference presentation to push for psychochemical warfare against entire cities. Greene was inspired to the idea of "bloodless" psychochemical warfare by the letters of Dr. Alsoph H. Corwin, a chem prof at Harvard with a history of working for National Defense Research Committee (WW2) and who had developed a chemical treatment for corrosion that helped restore the Dead Sea Scrolls. Greene had developed a list of 1000 potential chemicals by '52 and LSD was at the top of the list (due to experiments having already begun) with a proposed route of administration being aerosolization via a technique pioneered by Major/psychiatrist/allergist Harold Abramson for Edgewood Arsenal back in '43 (didn't know Abramson was in back then nor why he is always referred to as an allergist).

Operation Skatole, a project by secretive Division 19 of the National Defense Research Committee to make the worst poo poo smell in liquid form possible. Tested by giving children in Japanese-occupied cities tiny tubes of it and having these kids squirt it on the rear end of passing Japanese officers. Less funny, Division 19 oversaw much of the intelligence alliance with the Mafia before that was taken over by SOD/CIA during the Cold War.

Albarelli also documents a very familiar infiltration by the CIA of both Edgewood Arsenal and Fort Detrick a la CIA infiltration of the DEA as documented by Douglas Valentine.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've recently gotten interested in Operation Gladio and the various post-warCIA/MI6/NATO far right stay-behind networks to the point that I'm writing a concept EP about them, but need some trustable resources to flesh out the details. What are some reasonably digestible thread recommendations about these besides the Guist Stories podcast episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OutOfPrint posted:

I've recently gotten interested in Operation Gladio and the various post-warCIA/MI6/NATO far right stay-behind networks to the point that I'm writing a concept EP about them, but need some trustable resources to flesh out the details. What are some reasonably digestible thread recommendations about these besides the Guist Stories podcast episodes?

this is the apotheosis of the epstein thread