Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

holy poo poo that rules

He started his rap “My name’s Tony Khan and I’m here to say”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rampage spoiler: holy poo poo that botch in the hobbs/punk match was GROSS and boy did it suck the life out of the stadium for a minute or so. Legit thought the dude had loving died on that spot, jesus.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

rampage spoiler: holy poo poo that botch in the hobbs/punk match was GROSS and boy did it suck the life out of the stadium for a minute or so. Legit thought the dude had loving died on that spot, jesus.

If it's that bad I wonder if they try to edit the spot out

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

DLC Inc posted:

Oh come on. It was bad, not “thought someone had died” bad. Just, “they should edit that out” bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Oh come on. It was bad, not “thought someone had died” bad. Just, “they should edit that out” bad.

dude got smashed onto his neck with like, the full weight of Hobbs, between that and being slammed onto the table that didn't break I wouldn't blame Punk for wanting to never work with him again. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember it being tonight but jesus the crowd really got hushed from it

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Punk got hosed up or Hobbs did?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sounds like Hobbs messed up and dropped Punk on his head.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I haven't seen any injury talk ala when Abadon got badly hurt last year, so hopefully it was just a bad botch.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1441011354006077446?s=19

he's fine

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Elevation is worth watching for the big show comedy handicap match one of which was Ricky Shane page.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There's a really fun exchange between Kingston and Archer that I hope to see in gif form.

Also, while he doesn't have any matches during the taping, Stu is back. I imagine we're getting payoff to the Dark Order storyline next week, since it's being played up like everyone wants to move forward at this point except Uno.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Miles O'Brian posted:

Gonna be hype when Dark Order fully break down and are brawling in the ring and hangman's music hits

So is this similar to when Austin would come out to clean house, but Hangman comes out and delivers hugs instead of stunners?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Gaz-L posted:

Sounds like Hobbs messed up and dropped Punk on his head.

this is kinda weird since the spot that we're talking about was a top rope spot where all i saw was hobbs landing on his own head and that's what i was worried about, didnt realize punk got bonked too lol

didn't seem like anyone's fault really but just saw it once so yknow gonna need replays. they finished the match just fine, neither guy looked hurt (hobbs particularly didnt look as rough as he did after he got concussed a couple weeks ago)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Looked on Twitter and expected to see people RIPing Punk with the way it was described here and there wasn't even a mention of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Looked on Twitter and expected to see people RIPing Punk with the way it was described here and there wasn't even a mention of it.

drat its almost like goons freak out and blow poo poo out of proportion literally all the dang time

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

it didn't even come up on the WOR rundown and they just said it was a good, solid match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

drat its almost like goons freak out and blow poo poo out of proportion literally all the dang time

It's true, multiple ones have said before that your posts were good

Gavok posted:

There's a really fun exchange between Kingston and Archer that I hope to see in gif form.

Also, while he doesn't have any matches during the taping, Stu is back. I imagine we're getting payoff to the Dark Order storyline next week, since it's being played up like everyone wants to move forward at this point except Uno.

Hangman should be coming back soon too yeah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It's true, multiple ones have said before that your posts were good

that cant be true

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

Hang on, I'm inventing a bunch of negative personality traits that I'm about to project onto you. You're gonna be SO mad.

#1 is WWE Brain

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
:derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1440902556620767233

Posting this here in case people consider it a spoiler

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

DLC Inc posted:

dude got smashed onto his neck with like, the full weight of Hobbs, between that and being slammed onto the table that didn't break I wouldn't blame Punk for wanting to never work with him again. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember it being tonight but jesus the crowd really got hushed from it

If you're talking about the spot I think you are that's close to the end of the match, Punk's head definitely missed the mat & Hobbs didn't land on him at all. This is some Hulk Hogan level of embellishment, both guys were completely fine & it was one minor screw up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not a big deal but it whould be cool if they named the tbs championship just the tbs title and didn't have to specify "womens" or another word that means women, since it's distinct on its own much like the tnt title. it don't matter. i'm trying to make it popular to say the word "whould" and get it into the dictionary. this has happened before with some words.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I agree with your take, cavauro, but not your word.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

it's better than "whilst" so I'm in favor

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

not a big deal but it whould be cool if they named the tbs championship just the tbs title and didn't have to specify "womens" or another word that means women, since it's distinct on its own much like the tnt title. it don't matter. i'm trying to make it popular to say the word "whould" and get it into the dictionary. this has happened before with some words.

So, like the Rugby World Cup, after World Rugby dropped the "Women's" distinction from the tournament historically known as the "Women's Rugby World Cup?"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So the TBS Title would be for the women what the TNT title is for the men? I like it, do exactly that, even if it means we end up with 'whould' as well.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Who do people think should be first TBS champ? I think at first they should avoid putting it on someone who’s been world champ, which rules out Nyla, Shida, Riho and Britt.

If Thunder Rosa isn’t planned to take the world title off Britt, it would be a great way to reward her for being a workhorse for the division while unsigned.

I think Conti would be a great choice as someone who has dramatically improved and is placed in the upper midcard.

I could see them giving it to Jade if they want to protect her and give her a Goldberg US title run while keeping her away from Britt.

I could Ruby as an option as well as she’s new and very over out of the gate.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I’d love any of Ruby, Rosa, Anna Jay or Kris, though obviously my preference would be for them to hold the main belt at some point it seems like it’s (deservedly) Britt’s division for a while

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Who do people think should be first TBS champ? I think at first they should avoid putting it on someone who’s been world champ, which rules out Nyla, Shida, Riho and Britt.

If Thunder Rosa isn’t planned to take the world title off Britt, it would be a great way to reward her for being a workhorse for the division while unsigned.

I think Conti would be a great choice as someone who has dramatically improved and is placed in the upper midcard.

I could see them giving it to Jade if they want to protect her and give her a Goldberg US title run while keeping her away from Britt.

Deeb.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Chris James 2 posted:

I’d love any of Ruby, Rosa, Anna Jay or Kris, though obviously my preference would be for them to hold the main belt at some point it seems like it’s (deservedly) Britt’s division for a while

I think it’s a good way to capitalize on someone who is hot now while not derailing your world title plans. I think everyone who has been TNT champ will likely end up World Champ at some point.

I’m not sure Anna Jay would be my choice at this point, but Kris definitely is an option.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yuka

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If it’s going to be defended on a similar frequency as the TNT title, you definitely put on someone who can wrestle good matches consistently like any of the joshis, Rosa or Deeb.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Putting the title on Shida gives her something to do other than pad her stats on Dark where she's being wasted, and legitimises the belt right out of the gate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dacap posted:

Lulupencil

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
or you could give it to someone who hasn't already been a champ, like hirsch or ANIKI

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd say Kris Statlander probably would be the best pic to be TBS champion

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
stat is a bad choice imo because it feels like her losing to britt is pretty fresh and you dont want it to seem like "welp, cant win the big belt, go for the new belt"

put it on rosa if you want someone to have a long initial reign or deeb or tay if like not a super dominant one

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

MotU posted:

stat is a bad choice imo because it feels like her losing to britt is pretty fresh and you dont want it to seem like "welp, cant win the big belt, go for the new belt"

Please don't impugn the memory of Brodie Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

Please don't impugn the memory of Brodie Lee

drat didnt know brodie lee was the first holder of the TNT belt