Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cavauro posted:

is there a mod where you can slowly kill off each npc? turning the game into a 'friday the 13th' style slasher where you are the villain, or some sort of murder mystery ala Clue. Send me a pm if there is. i don't want to upset anyone.

Lakeview Valley is literally exactly what you're looking for. It's "Stardew Valley, but with murder" the game, and I gotta say I'm a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So as a heads up there are unofficial mods for pytk, custom music, tmxloader and others.

Should get anyone using the beta and extensive modding up and running. I haven't tried them myself yet as I'm out of town.

Click here for mods

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This might be a bit of a silly question but does anyone have a good link to a decent let’s play for Star Dew? I like watching them before bed and they tend to give me good ideas for my play throughs.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The 1:30am Bus Stop sprint terror is real.

But I just discovered (one year, one season in) that I could place chests around town. This whole time I've been carefully stocking my inventory with single copies of loved gifts depending on which area I'm going to, and then handing out as many as possible before going on to the mines/beach/whatever.

Oh my god, I could have saved so much time just putting a whole bunch of chests down near houses.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

coolusername posted:

The 1:30am Bus Stop sprint terror is real.

But I just discovered (one year, one season in) that I could place chests around town. This whole time I've been carefully stocking my inventory with single copies of loved gifts depending on which area I'm going to, and then handing out as many as possible before going on to the mines/beach/whatever.

Oh my god, I could have saved so much time just putting a whole bunch of chests down near houses.

Be aware that if a villager paths through something you've placed then it will be destroyed. There's plenty of spots to stow stuff where it will never get ran into but just keep it in mind. Otherwise yeah, I've also got little stash chests all around town and up in the mines and it's very handy to have them

Edit: also, stow a bunch of the usual materials over by Robin's shop. Doing so has saved me a lot of time because I often manage to forget the stack of stone or the seaweed or whatever she needs and I'll have to run back for it. If you're less scatterbrained than I then this may not be as helpful

CainsDescendant fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 19, 2021

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

coolusername posted:

Oh my god, I could have saved so much time just putting a whole bunch of chests down near houses carrying around a stack of sashimi.

ftfy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

This might be a bit of a silly question but does anyone have a good link to a decent let’s play for Star Dew? I like watching them before bed and they tend to give me good ideas for my play throughs.
Aavak does a pretty relaxing one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rnQ9m720io

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

What was the name of that Neolithic Stardew-alike? Did it come out and is it any good?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Moon Slayer posted:

What was the name of that Neolithic Stardew-alike? Did it come out and is it any good?

Roots of Pacha, and it’s not out for a while https://store.steampowered.com/app/1245560/Roots_of_Pacha/

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Supposedly Rune Factory 4 is coming to PC this Fall. Has anyone heard more about when it'll actually release? I haven't heard anything since the initial announcement in June, and they're running out of Fall.

MarcusSA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9EBq1DyhMVD1jPbOwJbQOr8PVsdOkdjj Lady Shelab gets the intro horribly wrong, but her videos are usually really relaxing and focus on this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhm8Ygwc4nJjJmaiG9eAgb0nmFZeMMU__ DangerouslyFunny does tons of SV videos, and he's got a full playthrough, although I haven't watched this one.

Aavak is pretty good.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 19, 2021

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

LLSix posted:

Supposedly Rune Factory 4 is coming to PC this Fall. Has anyone heard more about when it'll actually release? I haven't heard anything since the initial announcement in June, and they're running out of Fall.

Official site says coming Fall 2021 still. To be fair fall covers Sept 22nd to Dec 21st. My guess is probably sometime in November.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Unclouded posted:

Official site says coming Fall 2021 still. To be fair fall covers Sept 22nd to Dec 21st. My guess is probably sometime in November.

Thanks. In the meantime, I've been playing Re:Legend. It's got a farm, but a lot of the gameplay is fighting beside the wild animals you tame. More like RF than SV, but the NPCs are pretty tame compared to the wacky and endearing NPCS RF usually has. It's okay even though the interface is a little clunky (fixed camera, weird keyboard and mouse bindings, gamepad support only through Steam hijacking the controller and pretending to be a keyboard).

Anyone know what good the tier 2+ watering cans are? Most games improving the watering can improves where it waters, but in Re:Legend the water comes out in a constant stream. I made a bronze watering can, and I can't tell any difference.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 19, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LLSix posted:

Anyone know what good the tier 2+ watering cans are? Most games improving the watering can improves where it waters, but this game the water comes out in a constant stream. I made a bronze watering can, and I can't tell any difference.

It increases the area but you need to hold down the tool-use button. It kinda charges up. After one upgrade it goes to a max of 1x3, then 1x5, then 3x3, then 3x6.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks! I actually stumbled upon his video last night and yeah it’s good!

LLSix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9EBq1DyhMVD1jPbOwJbQOr8PVsdOkdjj Lady Shelab gets the intro horribly wrong, but her videos are usually really relaxing and focus on this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhm8Ygwc4nJjJmaiG9eAgb0nmFZeMMU__ DangerouslyFunny does tons of SV videos, and he's got a full playthrough, although I haven't watched this one.

Aavak is pretty good.

Thanks for these as well! Gonna add them to my watch later.

Thanks guys!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I started a new save file recently and I’m hitting a game breaking crash. At the Winter Star event when I give my gift to that ingrate Clint the game crashes every time. It’s happened three times in a row and I don’t know what to do. Is it the gift I’m giving him? He sucks but I didn’t think he’d suck this bad!

I’m playing it in Xbox so there’s no mods or anything loving it up.

:negative:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Of course Clint sucks so bad he ruins Christmas, that guy's the worst

Sorry about your save, that really sucks. Maybe try different gifts or not giving him one?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I've wondered what happens if you just don't give someone a gift at the Winter Star event.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If I get him in this save I'll tell you. I'm going to do something really horrible in this save I've never done before, no, not jojamart, done that and completed it. No this time I'm going to refuse to home the stray animal Marnie dumps on my doorstep. I feel like a monster.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
mods?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I feel like an idiot. I'd been dragging my feet on automating my crab pots because I didn't want to have to run around shoving bait in them and my fishing level isn't high enough to make that no longer a problem. Today I got sick of fishing being stuck at lv 9 when every other skill is maxed out.

After a quick Google, I learned that you can't automate crab pots on the beach, as you can't put stuff close enough to them, however you CAN automate them on river banks and piers. And here's where the idiot part comes in: of course you can load bait in the chest and have it automatically feed the crab pots. Why in the bloody gently caress wouldn't you be able to, Past Me?! And if that isn't good enough for you, you can also stick a worm bin next to the chest and it'll feed bait into it for you! And for the final kick in the dang nuts: I woke up this morning after setting up some test crab pots and got some fishing exp as soon as the day loaded.

YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE BEEN GETTING PASSIVE FISHING EXP THIS WHOLE TIME?! It's me, I am the idiot!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
You can absolutely use the Automate mod with Crab Pots on the beach. It's the first place I started using Automate with Crab Pots off the farm

Edit: Or were you talking about the Beach Farm?

maltesh fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 23, 2021

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

chaleski posted:

Of course Clint sucks so bad he ruins Christmas, that guy's the worst

Sorry about your save, that really sucks. Maybe try different gifts or not giving him one?

I was thinking I’d have to skip the event entirely. Is there a way to end it without giving him a gift?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah just walk out after speaking to everyone else.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

maltesh posted:

You can absolutely use the Automate mod with Crab Pots on the beach. It's the first place I started using Automate with Crab Pots off the farm

Edit: Or were you talking about the Beach Farm?

Squinting cuz phone posting. Um, hmm. Ok so it looks like you lined the beach with the pots and linked them up at the docks? I can try doing that.

I was specifically talking about the beach farm but more generally I tried putting pots in the ocean, from the sand not the pier, and I can't put chests close enough to them to automate. However a setup like yours would absolutely work and once again I am the idiot for not thinking of this. Clearly I am not using this mod anywhere close to its full potential.

Only an hour or so left at the office here and I can go try some poo poo out! :dance: Can't wait! There was some office drama today that stressed me out so I could really use some chill farming time.

Edit: Oh and if anyone else is discovering they're an idiot alongside me, I keep forgetting I can buy crab pots from Willy! That would save me a lot of wood and coal.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 23, 2021

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I also wound up not realizing that I could buy crab pots until relatively recently.

The big interconnect that I've been getting into with Automate is Junimo chests.

Junimo Chest in every coop, hooked up to spinning wheeler and mayo makers.

Junimo Chest in the barnyard for popping truffles in, Junimo Chest in the barn hooked up to oilmakers.

Junimo Chest in the Greenhouse for dumping starfruit into. Junimo Chest in the island farm, where I have a bunch of kegs. Junimo Chest in the cellar, packed wall to wall with casks.

Junimo Chest by the bed, one step away from a portable shipping bin.

Wake up in the morning,empty the bedside Junimo chest of Mayo, truffle oil, cloth, duck feathers , rabbits feet, and iridium Starfruit wine, as appropriate, and dump it in the bin.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Whilst impressive you're one step away from automating the whole game, then what do you do?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Whilst impressive you're one step away from automating the whole game, then what do you do?

Right now, I'm in the process of adding a few fish ponds of Flounder, Void Carp, and Midnight Squid to get Seafoam pudding on tap so I can lean a bit into fishing again.

I may empty out all my fish ponds of Lava Eels, switching to Sturgeons caviar.

I also divorced Maru and remarried Abigail, so I'm going to have to rebuild relationship with the ex, max it out with Abigail and top out and am redecorating the house.

I've been breeding ostriches, dinosaurs, void chickens, and once I get that last coop fully upgraded, Blue chickens.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

maltesh posted:

I may empty out all my fish ponds of Lava Eels, switching to Sturgeons caviar.

Unless for personal reasons Lava Eels are the better money maker over Sturgeons. Their roe ages faster and sells for more than caviar.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Plus Lava Eels can also give you that sweet delicious Spicy Eel, and everyone needs more of that in their life!

Parrot Doctor
Aug 28, 2004

I’ve got three crystalariums pumping out rubies which I take to the desert trader, so I’m always swimming in spicy eels

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Unclouded posted:

Unless for personal reasons Lava Eels are the better money maker over Sturgeons. Their roe ages faster and sells for more than caviar.

Honestly, I've got more spicy Eel than I can use at this point, and on Year 13 with 60M in the bank, I'm not hard up for money.

On the other hand, I hadn't realized that Caviar takes longer; I'd have to secure space for 50% more Preserves jars in the array, and there's very little space left on the farm I'd want to use that for (Or I suppose, I could decide to only stock 2/3 of my current ponds with roe-making fish, and switch the remaining 1/3 to something else.)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Unclouded posted:

A caviar tycoon is respectable, the envy of the valley, his farm's products feeding the elite of zuzu city. His farm becomes a synonym for elegance. A man who puts his money into Lava eels? A fool who cares only for money. He may know the math of farming but he knows nothing of the art.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I wish there was an Achievement for giving Pam a Pale Ale immediately before getting on the bus

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I wish there was an Achievement for giving Pam a Pale Ale immediately before getting on the bus

an achievement called jail

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

an achievement called jail

"Don't Ever Do This In Real Life" - 85.3% of users have earned this achievement

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The best fish pond flex is Tiger Trout. Book it

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

A caviar tycoon is respectable, the envy of the valley, his farm's products feeding the elite of zuzu city. His farm becomes a synonym for elegance. A man who puts his money into Lava eels? A fool who cares only for money. He may know the math of farming but he knows nothing of the art.

To be fair I do sell Caviar as well but only one pond of sturgeon to my 5 ponds of Lava Eels. Keep the 1% happy and the rest of the population happy. It was why I knew offhand that caviar took longer to make as those jars always take longer than my lava eels.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Is this an adapted quotation? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I have not been able to locate a source online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Crazy Bus

Pam-Am

Thousand kilometres of desert and you crash into the Oasis