Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I just had a we'd

Lol snipe :okpos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

:sun:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm smoking weed Right Now

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one.

:350::420:

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Y'all folks, I finally did it tonight.

I smoked myself out :420::okpos::weed::weedass::amen::snoop:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Droogie posted:

I just had a we'd

Lol snipe :okpos:

Aardvark! posted:

I'm smoking weed Right Now

Sedgr posted:

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one.

:350::420:

hello! I, also, am here!

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Okay ya got me

I smoked again :feelsgood:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

She lives. Behold, the Frankebong V2 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAExtgxDnAc

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
How much of a pull do you have to do to get any smoke goddamn

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

skooma512 posted:

How much of a pull do you have to do to get any smoke goddamn

It's not a lot, as it mostly travels down a narrow glass tube that twists inside the condensers. It's no different than if I were to use a standard bong tbh

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Do those condensers get real dirty? Or does it mostly get caught in the first piece? They seem like they'd be a nightmare to clean.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beast Pussy posted:

Do those condensers get real dirty? Or does it mostly get caught in the first piece? They seem like they'd be a nightmare to clean.

Most of the oil that does want to collect gets collected by that first stem, which is easy to clean with alcohol in a jar which is left in the sonic cleaner for a couple of mins. The condensers are set up in a way that I just have to connect the bottom two joints together, then slowly fill with alcohol from above and be a little patient. The internal water pathway gets flushed through with water all the time, so that should never need cleaning... nor would it matter much if that part got dirty.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just woke up on my day off time to smoke weed again

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8cljwTS6EM

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I got a fully charged vaporizer in the mail today. Now a pizza just arrived at my house. Beer in hand and taskmaster on YouTube. gently caress, what a great friday

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Taskmaster rules. We hosed it up twice here in america, with original series runs and our own sad attempt.

It's just not Taskmaster without Greg Davies.

There's like, 3 episodes of the new season of QI up on youtube, too. Series S.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm thankful for weed because I'm on antibiotics and I can't drink and instead I'm really high and it owns

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Weed helps me remember to eat when I'm on my meds that cause appetite suppressant as a side effect

Thank you, weed :angel:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Thank you, weed :angel:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i got a mighty

holy poo poo this thing is good. its a pocket volcano. im in love.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I got the Vmax Starry from PotV last week after a lot of agonizing over what vaporizer to cut my teeth on and I have to say, I really love it.

I've found that a couple puffs after work at 375 or so is a great little destressor and then a few pulls just before bed around 405 is really nice.

I have the whip attachment coming in this week because when I ordered it I felt like the ashcatcher was all I needed for my bong for a distinct purpose but then I just wanted to see what it was like through the vaporizer.

A+ would recommend doing a weed.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Weed rules. I finally got back to the dispensary after a week away and they had a 45-gram limit :)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

buddies, can i get a recommendation for a nail or enail setup for live resin? I've never had live resin before but it's here now and I hear good things.

My guys has apothecary ambrosia for 25 dollars a gram on sale. I still have left over wax and shatter that I never used because the terp pen sucked and the dynavap wax coil just seems to leave sticky goo everywhere like its not getting hot enough. Am I using it wrong?

I have a blow torch and don't mind getting a nail but I don't know what all else I need?

I have a nice glass bong, a fury edge, and a dynavap.

My source said he uses a lookah seahorse? (https://www.lookah.com/vaporizers/dab-pen-and-wax-pen/lookah-seahorse.html) Doesn't look much different form the terp pen i had that I put into a box of not very good along time ago as my first attempt that has never been reused.

My friend always uses a nectar collector but its too big and too much for me and the smaller version seems to be out of stock and might be a giant pain in the rear end to clean?

I dunno, just look for alternatives.

TLDR but maybe even longer:

1) Apothecary Ambrosia seems to be good stuff and I have a source for a good price.
2) I need someway to smoke it and my older well stored sugar/shatter/wax
3) Enails seem to suck. Maybe there are better ones now its been awhile. Terp pen sucks and is what I got last time.
4) The lookah seahorse looks exactly like the terp pen... does it work better because of the quarts tip?
5) I have a glass bong with standard connectors..i think you can get a nail for that you heat with a torch then just put a little blob on after it cools? I dunno what im talking about.
5) Is a proper 10-12 inch long nectar collector the way to go with this stuff if you don't want to just have a not good hit?
6) I got a dynavap with the titanium wax coil... maybe im using it wrong but it doesn't do the trick. Works great without the coil and some flower... i guess I could put in a little flower then some wax on top...

im high as gently caress but want to be able to use wax and stuff and if i need a real nail just tell me... i don't want to be replacing coils that don't even vaporize very well.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Wendigee posted:

5) I have a glass bong with standard connectors..i think you can get a nail for that you heat with a torch then just put a little blob on after it cools? I dunno what im talking about.
this is what i do

butt dickus posted:

here's my frankenrig, all set up for me to take a budd dwyer with it

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

butt dickus posted:

this is what i do

i don't understand what that is or how it works... can you explain?? is that a piece of metal you stick in the bong instead of a bowl and just torch it then touch some concentrate to it?

It's actual pretty hard to Google this poo poo. It's become esoteric.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 30, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Wendigee posted:

i don't understand what that is or how it works... can you explain?? is that a piece of metal you stick in the bong instead of a bowl and just torch it then touch some concentrate to it?
i took the tip from my nectar collector and put it in my bong. and yes, that's pretty much how i use it. i like to put a ton of crushed ice in the bong so i can do a huge rip

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you want dead simple with a torch, buy a dab rig with a banger (little bucket you heat with a torch). Dab rig is basically a bong.

I get the bottom of the banger glowing a little orange, wait 3-5 seconds and start tapping my dab spoon (clay modeling tool every shop headshop sells) on the floor of the bucket. You'll develop your own method with time, but that's the lazy way I do it.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I mean thank you but I have a good quality bong I don't use, and that looks way more complicated than my bong.

I vape flower with a fury edge. I'm good there.

It's there something quality I can buy and attach to the bong to make it work with a "nail"

I'm still not sure what a nail is I'm gonna go to YouTube.

Thanks all for the info

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Rigs like the one I posted above are typically $30-50 (in Colorado, probably more in prohibition states).

You can buy adapters at a shop for nail or banger to bong, but you'll need to measure the downstem diameter. If it were me, I'd take a picture of the business end and ask the local headshop.

I used nails for a while, over a year before switching to a banger/bucket. My nail rig had a glass globe you put over the nail after heating, then fed the wax through a hole in the top. It can be messier than a banger. Nothing wrong with a nail, I just find a banger easier to deal with.

An older video with a nail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIUhDt9Ky5w

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 30, 2021

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Guys it's me from the future of my last post. I've come with a grave warning.

The whip for the vmax starry works well. Works VERY well.

A++++ would recommend.

Very happy with this vaporizer purchase.

I guess that's not a grave warning.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i mean that seems fine... i don't live in a legal state so i would need order online. (and I still don't understand how it works)

that get up looks fine but it just seems really large and complicated compared to a nectar collector that I have used that is just one large glass cylinder with a metal bit on the end. I don't know how it comes apart but my Colorado friend who owns it finally got back to me and he says you just run hot water and salt through it. He doesn't know anything about any other devices because his friend bought a loving extraction machine and now they make their own. super pot heads.

weed smoking is more complicated than a computer lol

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 30, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like a nectar collector and a torch, literal souffle torch. Heat up the tip of the nectar collector, stick it directly in the concentrate (like I'm a beautiful butterfly, doing drugs collecting nectar). Doesn't get any more simple. If you can figure out that bizarre vaporizer-on-the-bong thing you can definitely figure out dabbing

Oh, duh, watch some videos of people doing it on YouTube

Wendigee posted:

weed smoking is more complicated than a computer lol

All the dumb slang doesn't make it any easier, prohibition sucks so loving hard, all of this would have been standardized and built into the culture by the 50s if it hadn't been banned

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 30, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

I like a nectar collector and a torch, literal souffle torch. Heat up the tip of the nectar collector, stick it directly in the concentrate (like I'm a beautiful butterfly, doing drugs collecting nectar). If you can figure out that bizarre vaporizer-on-the-bong thing you can definitely figure out dabbing

Oh, duh, watch some videos of people doing it on YouTube

no this! this is how I have done it before and I've loved it. It just seemed overly large, but maybe that is to cool it off since theres no water filter.

Is nectar collector a name brand or do you have a recommendation for one that I could buy one?

My rear end in a top hat "friend" /jk told me he buys them locally handmade and couldn't really help me... i could probably get him to bring me one next time he visits if the online market is poo poo

thank you all for your help and advice it is much appreciated.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 30, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

No brand on mine I'm aware of, just go into a headshop and say "nectar collector" and they'll show you their spread.

My two weapons

e there's more and less complicated ones too; from straight glass ones that don't come apart all the way up to ones that have bubblers in them

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i don't live in a legal state so i can't really. There are headshops here but i don't really trust them. I've bought a couple lovely pipes from them and bleh.

I could go check it out I guess and see what they have. It has been a few years.

I saw this one and it seemed wayyyy to cheap https://www.smokecartel.com/products/bulbous-glass-nectar-collector-with-titanium-nail

this one seems impossible to clean and I can't even see the nail in the one image provided ajfhasjfdhjaksfd
https://www.smokecartel.com/products/pulsar-quartz-internal-twist-perc-dab-straw

what you posted is exactly what im looking for though... a little heater with a smallish pipe. I'm not really looking for big rips.. just a way to use the grams of wax and shatter i bought a long time ago and never used except as a toper on a bowl. I don't smoke really anymore because the fury edge was doing a better job on flower than a pipe and it doesn't make me cough.

resin is much easier to get and even cheaper than flower here so i was just looking for a way to hit it without needing like... i dunno. my friends nectar collector is almost as big as my arm, and its too much for me. he smokes 24/7 and I smoke a few times a week.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 30, 2021

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Taskmaster rules. We hosed it up twice here in america, with original series runs and our own sad attempt.

It's just not Taskmaster without Greg Davies.

There's like, 3 episodes of the new season of QI up on youtube, too. Series S.

Taskmaster New Zealand also rules.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

No brand on mine I'm aware of, just go into a headshop and say "nectar collector" and they'll show you their spread.

My two weapons

e there's more and less complicated ones too; from straight glass ones that don't come apart all the way up to ones that have bubblers in them
my nectar collector was like your little orange thing but with clear glass. i dropped and broke it while i was completely sober, but the tip was the right size for my bong's slide so it was a happy accident. i also have a little glass straw that i can use like the nectar collector, but using the bong with crushed ice is so much nicer

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

thehoodie posted:

Taskmaster New Zealand also rules.

Can confirm. Was skeptical at first but it's just as loving good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll start up Taskmaster NZ soon. I've seen it in my recommendations feed, just haven't bothered because I easily get sidetracked by 8/10 cats and QI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'll start up Taskmaster NZ soon. I've seen it in my recommendations feed, just haven't bothered because I easily get sidetracked by 8/10 cats and QI.

I only watched season 2, which is the most recent. It's my understanding that season one was a little stride-finding clunky but I haven't seen it yet.