Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mae posted:

I missed out on Klee due to 50/50 twice so give her another rerun

I passed on Eula (after not getting pity in time for zhongli) in order to get Klee. No regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you have Xinyan- which I know you do, we all have 17 Xinyans without even making wishes in this game- she trivializes that domain. Just make a shield, start it, and swap to the characters that can actually do damage and clean house.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Shields and pyro really help in the mondstadt talent domain.

I'm a crazy who invested in Xinyan, so I like to run that domain with Xianling, Bennett, Xinyan and kazuha. It's no longer a problem :D

Admittedly Kazuha is one helluva character for a flex slot, but a second shielder such as noelle or diona would do well.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Starting to think it's wiser to hold off on wishing until the next banner is announced.

Baiard posted:

I'm AR52, and I had never run the Mondstadt talent domain so I decided to try it out. Surprisingly, it IS bad! I ran it with Yoimiya, Raiden, and Xiangling which did just fine. The icicles and stamina penalty are just absurd though. The icicles don't even have any kind of stacking prevention so they just rain 5 icicles in a row to stunlock you unless you sprint like hell away.
Don't forget the invisible ice clouds on the white floor! Or getting stunlocked inside of one!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Diona is the better pick for Mond talent domain since her shield gets the 2.5x absorption bonus, and she was even free at one point

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just use Noelle because she's a boss

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Starting to think it's wiser to hold off on wishing until the next banner is announced.

Don't forget the invisible ice clouds on the white floor! Or getting stunlocked inside of one!

Don't forget the stamina drain directly impact Hu Tao and Yanfei, who rely on charged attacks. Sheesh, that f'in domain.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I do have Xinyan and Diona, I just brought Sayu because I didn't know what to expect and she's my go to. Even with Yoimiya I was at zero stamina just from dodging so I can't imagine trying that place with charge attack characters.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haha Ningguang go pew pew

To be fair I still occasionally eat poo poo because the crystallize shards and shield aura are also hard to see!

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Alleged upcoming banner leaks:

https://twitter.com/SUCR0Z3/status/1441274671698100228?s=20

I'd be surprised if Amos and Homa show up on the same weapon banner.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That'd be insanely fast for Sayu to be on a rerun

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Is that...Vortex Vanquisher?

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Would Amos be a good weapon to get refinements? I’d be aiming for Homa but I already got an Amos for my Ganyu.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want to believe in Amos/Homa banner because I'd totally do a pity.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is that some sort of new 5* bow made for Childe in the first weapon banner image?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If that homa and amos banner is real I'm going for it. I don't care how many Wine and Song I get it'll be worth it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rules are made to be broken and all that, but they've never done consecutive weapon banners with the same 5* types (bow and spear in this case) so this seems unlikely to me

the 4* lineup is 90% safe bets as they're characters who have gone the longest without a banner, or in Sayu's case she's returning under the usual pattern for new 4*, one patch between release and rerun

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Ytlaya posted:

Is that some sort of new 5* bow made for Childe in the first weapon banner image?

Yes, you can check out its leak data at Honey Hunter. It looks like it's going to be a great option for pretty much any bow user too.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hope the Childe/Thoma banner is real, as I'm lined up for the guarantee and I'd like his first constellation as I pull for Thoma.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That Hu Tao banner would make me super sad because I'm at the c5 spot for Bennett and I don't want to have an unused c6 staring at me forever if I don't ruin his burst with it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I don't know if I'd rather Thoma be on Childe or Hu Tao's banner, to be honest.

If he's on Childe's I can sneakily go for c4 and its delicious bustedness for Ayaka.

If he's on Hu Tao's I might get a new character.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i've come down pretty hard on Thoma. still love his kit and role and see him being solid, but he's probably not causing any big shifts in teams or elsewhere to make him feel like an instant pull (e.g. Sayu's windwheel).

this banner setup is also pretty bad, i'm not hugely into Childe/Hu Tao cons past what i already have and can't imagine any other rerun banner where i'd want to chase Thoma+his cons either. if 2.3 brings new 5* i'm likely blowing rolls there instead of holding any for a 2.4 Thoma rerun as well, though the likelihood of 2.3 Gorou makes it even more complicated 😔

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Thoma with Hu Tao would be funny. TWO pyro spear users? Ooo la la

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Note Block posted:

Thoma with Hu Tao would be funny. TWO pyro spear users? Ooo la la
But also, a shielder for Hu Tao that grants pyro resonance

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
that's gotta be fake, too good to be true

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Space Opera posted:

Yes, you can check out its leak data at Honey Hunter. It looks like it's going to be a great option for pretty much any bow user too.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hope the Childe/Thoma banner is real, as I'm lined up for the guarantee and I'd like his first constellation as I pull for Thoma.

Honey Hunter survived?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah they just moved their server to russia or something like that

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
hu tao is pretty great and straightforwardly does a lot of damage but i should point out that many of you probably already have a pyro spear user who does more sustained damage, c4+ xiangling (especially in multitarget situations).

hu tao's real edge over xiangling is that she can fit zhongli or diona into her teams which makes her substantially more comfortable than xiangling in practical situations. that's a real advantage! but if you don't have zhongli and/or need diona to battery for a cryo team, it might not be one that you can take advantage of.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not drooling at the thought of getting Childe but, I don't have him, and I don't have any of the other characters at c6 so I'm obligated to pull. Especially because I've heard good things about Sayu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wonder if Childe ever gets a team that doesn't feel like he's just there to second-string for someone like XL/Beidou

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Do you guys feel okay about using that wish counter site? You're pretty sure you're not feeding that website some kind of authentication token they can use to change your password?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
It's the exact same mechanism the game itself uses to show your wish history.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

dogsicle posted:

i wonder if Childe ever gets a team that doesn't feel like he's just there to second-string for someone like XL/Beidou

my childe team is him, ZL, kaz, and bennett, and it's immensely satisfying to meteor into bennett ult into kaz ult into kaz E into childe ult into melee stance to get a bunch of vape procs (this is assuming you already had ZL's shield up)

i refuse to use XL on principle because I find her incredibly bland to play as :v: I considered a permafreeze team with him but i'll probably end up just doing one with chongyun/c6 diona

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

Do you guys feel okay about using that wish counter site? You're pretty sure you're not feeding that website some kind of authentication token they can use to change your password?

it actually is sending an auth key (the url param is named authkey) to connect the feedback to your ingame account. you might be able to use the same key to get into the account management page, though opening the account management and feedback pages ingame seem to go through different code paths and could be doing totally different things idk. you can look at the source here (the CORS proxy is also on his profile.) they've since made an offline script that doesn't involve passing your auth around if you're extremely privacy minded.

he also associated the project with his real name and i was able to find him on linkedin pretty trivially. perhaps not a wise series of decisions were you looking to hijack some mobile game accounts.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Turned my WL back up to 5 and it’s not taking forever to kill things again. Getting Keqing’s sword up to 80 probably helped a whole lot with that. Game is fun again

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That weapon banner is my worst fear and it will wreck havoc on my wallet.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I forgot what I'm supposed to use Resin on.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Wollawolla posted:

Alleged upcoming banner leaks:

but i want albedo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cool, one banner to skip completely and one to build pity with a chance to get a new husbando

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Turned my WL back up to 5 and it’s not taking forever to kill things again. Getting Keqing’s sword up to 80 probably helped a whole lot with that. Game is fun again

i just hit ar40 so it auto set me to wl5. drat it's a huge jump for monster hp. i'm managing, but bosses became tough again.

in my couple hours so far it looks like maybe 4 star drops start to become a more common thing, still haven't seen a 5 star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
What's all this about respawning chests? Is that a substantiated rumor?