Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
king of the spice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Leto has Paul’s memories so … yes

No

Data has the colonists' memories from Omicron Theta but that doesn't make them him

That's whackadoo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I saw blade runner in the theater and it kicked my rear end. Maybe I should rewatch it but part of me feels like the home video experience can only fall short

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ingmar terdman posted:

I saw blade runner in the theater and it kicked my rear end. Maybe I should rewatch it but part of me feels like the home video experience can only fall short

i had this same thing with fury road for like 4 years. the blu ray was on my shelf but i refused to watch it for the longest time because i had seen it in theaters like 5 times and it was etched on my brain

i finally gave in and watched it on my home setup and it was awesome, though the blu ray released changed the credits music which is haram as gently caress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i had this same thing with fury road for like 4 years. the blu ray was on my shelf but i refused to watch it for the longest time because i had seen it in theaters like 5 times and it was etched on my brain

i finally gave in and watched it on my home setup and it was awesome, though the blu ray released changed the credits music which is haram as gently caress

all of you are loving nerds. Just walk without rhythm.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I want a Dunc supercut that overlays all of the Lynch Dune out-of-place internal monologue voiceovers just out of nowhere.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
do u think that leto II gets embarrassed when he poos out sandtrouts in front of duncan??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of leto pooping a sandtrout while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the trouts smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

do u think that leto II gets embarrassed when he poos out sandtrouts in front of duncan??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of leto pooping a sandtrout while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the trouts smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

The only true note left by dirty ol' Frank.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The music on Salusa Secundus was so dope.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

yet

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

niethan posted:

The music on Salusa Secundus was so dope.

You know those guys were hardcore because they were sitting in rain.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

If you have a big rear end tv and sit close it’s fine

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

euphronius posted:

If you have a big rear end tv and sit close it’s fine

Don't forget a nice sound system with a good subwoofer

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A local trans gal just gifted my partner and i a spare 4k television a couple months ago? Like all our poo poo was still 1080p to that point and we have nothing that can use the full 4k (my laptop technically can but lol gently caress that it absolutely chugs at 4k)

but I'm thinking I should get some kind of setup to watch Dune in 4k

tbh wouldn't mind watching Villeneuve's backlog as well. His films are consistently good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah, they're perfect. Lynch is really good at gross.
Someone way, way upthread mentioned that the costume dept made the guild robes from (possibly second-hand) body bags. I hope that's true.

I trust you have chosen not to continue your cursed bloodline.

no problems there! but I have a sister and it shames me to admit that she has reproduced. there is a plague on the land.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I skipped Blade Runner in theatres because an article I'd read claimed it confirmed Ridley Scott's stupid idea about Deckard. Wasn't pleased after I watched it and that wasn't true!

Last movie I saw in theatres was Rise of Skywalker. I win...well lose.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Deckard was a replicant though

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Can Paul be a worm in my role playing fantasies?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Can Paul be a worm in my role playing fantasies?

he is god-king. He can be whatever you want

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Can Paul-worm slime up my rear end in a top hat?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is Duncan-ghola a replicant

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is Duncan-ghola a replicant

no. that guy is dead. A hero, but dead

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rewatching Lynch Dune and have now decided that i am going to make a habit of appending "OR YOU WILL LIVE OUT YOUR LIFE IN A PAIN AMPLIFIER!" to sentences.

"hey, could you go make me 10 copies of this OR YOU WILL LIVE OUT YOUR LIFE IN A PAIN AMPLIFIER!"

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no. that guy is dead. A hero, but dead

Which one of the gholas tho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Erulisse posted:

Which one of the gholas tho
I don't loving know. It's been like 10 years since I read the book.
All I remember is baron harkonen and his anti-grav fat suit. something about spice and walking without rhythm to control the worm. Probably why the cops keep picking me up for drunk and disorderly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did Lynch create the idea of a pain amplifier?

Because it would stand to reason that there is a pleasure amplifier. Maybe that's just a Reverend Mother's hoo ha

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

no, I think Bayer did that

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

kiimo posted:

Because it would stand to reason that there is a pleasure amplifier. Maybe that's just a Reverend Mother's hoo ha

I reckoned that was just extrapolation from the pain box the Reverend Mother used in the Gom Jabbar. "Harmless" pain by nerve induction. If that technology exists, someone is going to use it as a pure torture device.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

I reckoned that was just extrapolation from the pain box the Reverend Mother used in the Gom Jabbar. "Harmless" pain by nerve induction. If that technology exists, someone is going to use it as a pure torture device.

didn't it kill everyone before Paul?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Are you thinking of the water of life

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Not the pain box itself, but getting stabbed for taking their hand out.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The needle to the neck does that. The box is "just" pain.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

The needle to the neck does that. The box is "just" pain.

kiimo posted:

Are you thinking of the water of life

sean10mm posted:

Not the pain box itself, but getting stabbed for taking their hand out.

ok. fair enough

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the book at no point implies that the gom jabbar + pain box is what has killed every man before Paul. Gom jabbar + pain box is just a BG ritual.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Randarkman posted:

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the book at no point implies that the gom jabbar + pain box is what has killed every man before Paul. Gom jabbar + pain box is just a BG ritual.

right. and no one before paul finished it because reasons

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

quote:

"Enough," the old woman muttered. "Kull wahad! No woman child ever withstood that much. I must've wanted you to fail." She leaned back, withdrawing the gom jabbar from the side of his neck.

The only time she mentions ALL the boys dying is in the context of discussing what we later understand is the spice ritual that makes one a reverend mother. "They tried and failed?" "They tried and died."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Yeah, “they tried and died” is about the kwisatz haderach and the truthsayer drug. Paul’s performance in the pain box is also exceptionally good compared to teenage girls, according to Mohiam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

The only time she mentions ALL the boys dying is in the context of discussing what we later understand is the spice ritual that makes one a reverend mother. "They tried and failed?" "They tried and died."

i'm beginning to think these women are witches.