Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PynGQrIZW-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

euphronius posted:

There was a lot of incest

Now you have to go to the ck3 thread for that

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

I can't read this, and I highly doubt it, but dumb idiot me wants this to somehow be a Suicidal Tendencies meme.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Christmas season shouldn't start until mid November at the earliest. Spooky season owns September through October.

:hmmyes:

The Bloop posted:

1. It's pronounced dohj, like dojo without the second o

2. The og was broccoli dog, who still gets a chuckle out of me

Followed by 3. His first memeification

source: I'm a level 17 memeologist

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/8g20lpu.mp4

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

pseudorandom posted:

I can't read this, and I highly doubt it, but dumb idiot me wants this to somehow be a Suicidal Tendencies meme.

Hi, a Pepsi please

We have coke

Ahhh, a gram and a Pepsi please

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Bloop posted:

2. The og was broccoli dog, who still gets a chuckle out of me

Followed by 3. His first memeification

source: I'm a level 17 memeologist

http://ipa-reader.xyz/?text=do%CF%87e&voice=Ruben, like in Dutch.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
[quote="pseudorandom" post="518005741"]

:hmmyes:

Dr, I have ghosts in my blood!
Take this cocaine and whiskey.
But all I wanted was a Pepsi!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Holy poo poo that ending is good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this part makes me sad, but the rest is loving hilarious

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That little .gif reminded me that movie doesn't pass the Bechdel Test.

:geno:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Bloop posted:

This is the way I've always pronounced it, because it's the way Strong Bad pronounced it before the doge meme even existed.
https://youtu.be/tLSgRzCAtXA

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Android Apocalypse posted:

Perhaps they had difficulty with the roux

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/HedgeMom/status/1441427490392592387

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SpacePig posted:

This is the way I've always pronounced it, because it's the way Strong Bad pronounced it before the doge meme even existed.
https://youtu.be/tLSgRzCAtXA

I always pronounced it dohj because the Doge in this movie is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_g4qspx3es

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Clearly it's ðõʛ̥

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I pronounce it dOH-guh in the exact same way as the narrator from Cooking With Dog.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

That's kinda the joke running through underneath the whole movie. To be fair to you, it's much more clear in the book because the narrator spells it out for the reader.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lmao Yule season starts at the beginning of Yule moon. Get a calendar, morans!

Yule starts on pricesely 1800 hours on December 24th.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Brawnfire posted:

Perhaps they had difficulty with the roux

No, that’s the bechamel test. You’re thinking of that band that sang “bulletproof”.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There's only like one woman in the entire movie, the Bechdel test is the least of its worries in that area.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

bike tory posted:

There's only like one woman in the entire movie, the Bechdel test is the least of its worries in that area.

the adorable scene where her boyfriend threatens to hit her and she flinches but he was just playing so it's fine

it was important he maintain character for the zero other people in that scene

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

bike tory posted:

There is another woman; she is a literal witch who browbeats a man into advancing the plot.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, that's hosed up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

marshmallow creep posted:

There is another woman; she is a literal witch who browbeats a man into advancing the plot.

Don't forget the heckler

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
The Princess Bride is a wonderful movie beloved by countless women and men and the Bechdel test is a simplistic one-dimensional measure meant to encourage analysis, not tell you what you should or shouldn't enjoy, and I kind of wish people would quit pulling it out like it's an infallible determination of whether a movie is sexist or not.

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Sep 25, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

One of the skeletons in the snow sand/lightning sand is a woman, but she doesn't have many lines

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Bechdel Test was intended as a thought experiment to show how few movies cleared that extremely low bar, not as the be-all end-all of "Is this movie feminist". Mad Max: Fury Road, a movie where like half the characters are female that demonstrated to shown to be competent and unique individuals, barely squeaks by the Test.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

On the other hand, an initial comment on the Bechdel test just led to several posts discussing more in-depth ways the movie is quietly sexist, so it's a decent starting point.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Tenebrais posted:

On the other hand, an initial comment on the Bechdel test just led to several posts discussing more in-depth ways the movie is quietly sexist, so it's a decent starting point.

I feel like using that starting point to go in the direction of "how can I spin this interaction in as negative a light as possible" is much less productive than "why do so many movies have so few women? Because men tend to have the more interesting jobs of soldier, lawyer, inspirational college professor... But why aren't there more women in those positions?"

Having a scene in a movie where two women say "boy I'd love to go shopping, but I need to go cook dinner" would pass the Bechdel test.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Bechdel Test belongs in the pile with "incel" and "Meyers-Briggs Test" for "things that sound academic but were the documented inventions of women for funsies and are now taken way way too goddamn seriously."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm ready to cancel The Princess Bride, if you agree to cancel this dumb derail.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

The Princess Bride is a wonderful movie beloved by countless women and men and the Bechdel test is a simplistic one-dimensional measure meant to encourage analysis, not tell you what you should or shouldn't enjoy, and I kind of wish people would quit pulling it out like it's an infallible determination of whether a movie is sexist or not.

1stGear posted:

The Bechdel Test was intended as a thought experiment to show how few movies cleared that extremely low bar, not as the be-all end-all of "Is this movie feminist". Mad Max: Fury Road, a movie where like half the characters are female that demonstrated to shown to be competent and unique individuals, barely squeaks by the Test.

I'm not sure who either of you are responding to here because no one is using the Bechdel test in this way.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Aliens passes the Bechdel test, and it's the best exchange in the whole movie.

Get away from her you bitch!

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

mind the walrus posted:

The Bechdel Test belongs in the pile with "incel" and "Meyers-Briggs Test" for "things that sound academic but were the documented inventions of women for funsies and are now taken way way too goddamn seriously."

Did women invent "incel" for funzies?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Not for funzies but yes, the term was coined by a woman who used it to describe the trouble she had finding a romantic partner as a bisexual woman in the 90s. She also meant it to include people who couldn't find partners due to social or cultural restrictions, mental illness, disability, etc. The "women won't date me, I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!" crowd didn't pick it up until later.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Didn’t she create like a support forum basically where the intention was that people would grow as people and eventually leave? Then she left fairly early when she figured her situation out. But it was a forum on the internet so it just got filled with the most toxic people imaginable and now we have incels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

You insist cops aren't buttholes and yet you're asserting that if you called those buttholes they, the buttholes, would do something the other party would not enjoy, meaning you're fully aware that the buttholes you claim aren't buttholes are, in fact, buttholes.