Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Kirk Cousins is the new Joe Flacco isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the biggest difference between Kirk and Joe is that Kirk has had the benefit of the Shanahan/Kubiak offensive system his whole career, and Joe had it for one glorious year in 2014. The rest of the time he had guys like Cam Cameron and Marc Trestman.

In general the Flacco-era Ravens always seemed a little more than the sum of their parts, and the Kirk-era Vikings feel the opposite.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Marc Trestman :barf:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OneMoreTime posted:

No, people liked Joe Flacco.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

gently caress's sake, did we really just spend 60-some posts arguing about Kirk Cousins?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

OneMoreTime posted:

No, because Joe Flacco is elite.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

OneMoreTime posted:

Flacco won a Super Bowl OP

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Cousins is the reason I stopped being a Vikings fan after 20 years cause I just don't like the dude.

To be fair it was more of a last straw situation I barely watched the Case year.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 24, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Timby posted:

gently caress's sake, did we really just spend 60-some posts arguing about Kirk Cousins?

I mean Zim is on the hot seat gotta figure out who is at fault for it got dangit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Keenum would be cheaper and have that plucky underdog energy, plus he wouldn't choke in a game-winning drive.

Kirk Cousins wishes he was Case Keenum.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mega64 posted:

Keenum would be cheaper and have that plucky underdog energy, plus he wouldn't choke in a game-winning drive.

Kirk Cousins wishes he was Case Keenum.

I think Case probably wishes he was making 30 million dollars a year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OneMoreTime posted:

No, Kirk and his fans suck and will never have a championship

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
These last few pages are going to be fun to look back on when the Vikings win it all this year and we all ponder the eternal question: is Kirk Cousins elite?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1440733778964463616

Why is Tomlin on this list lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Why would Vegas turn down free money

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That would be very un-family of the Bengals

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Same idiots who think the Bengals are gonna pay a 2nd coach.

Also how is Urban Meyer getting fired and not quitting?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I'm shocked Judge and Zimmer are ahead of Nagy. He's getting eviscerated locally and doesn't really have a ton of national respect.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yinzers hate Tomlin for ya know totally actually very good reasons.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Odds exist to entice people to put money on the wrong things so the house makes money. Not completely and accurately show outcomes.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I do wonder about the market for CEO-type head coaches like Tomlin and Harbaugh who don't actually run one of the units.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm shocked Judge and Zimmer are ahead of Nagy. He's getting eviscerated locally and doesn't really have a ton of national respect.

Says more about Judge and Zimmer than it does anything in favor of Nagy, I think.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AndrewP posted:

I do wonder about the market for CEO-type head coaches like Tomlin and Harbaugh who don't actually run one of the units.

i wish nagy decided to be this, the players like him and play hard but the only time the offense looked remotely competent was when he let even a bad offensive coordinator call plays.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Forrest on Fire posted:

He as at least this season on account of Fields, probably

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Bears FO has also repeatedly refused to say how long Nagy and Pace's current contracts are for

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ghosthorse posted:

Bears FO has also repeatedly refused to say how long Nagy and Pace's current contracts are for

Conventional wisdom--and the Bears beat guys with both the Tribune and Sun-Times are convinced of this--is that the Bears quietly added a year to Pace's contract to align with Nagy's, which runs through 2022.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Regarding Joe Judge: I do not think he's a good coach so don't take this that way. But he has not had a fair shot, really. All he has done is paid for the sins of Gettleman and coaches before him. When the Giants fired Pat Shurmur but allowed that incompetent of a GM Gettleman to keep his job, this was literally the only possible outcome. NO ONE can take a downright terrible roster and make a championship team out of it. It just doesn't work like that, you need the players. The number of absolutely baffling decisions Gettleman has made as GM makes me think he has some dirt on the owner or something because he has been AWFUL. Not sure I can think of a worse GM over that period.

Timby posted:

Conventional wisdom--and the Bears beat guys with both the Tribune and Sun-Times are convinced of this--is that the Bears quietly added a year to Pace's contract to align with Nagy's, which runs through 2022.

That would make a lot of sense, as would moving on from both of them after that, unless they do it after this year which I would also probably be fine with.

Pace is kinda tough because he has NOT been awful. In fact I would call him one of the most consistently average GMs in the league. Plus he has gotten better over time, his huge mistakes were mostly early in his tenure but since then he has not been bad in terms of drafting, roster construction, or free agent signings. Nagy on the other hand seems to consistently get less out of his players than you would expect. Still, sometimes a clean slate is called for so I wouldn't be against letting them both go and starting fresh.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Arky’s furry cheerleader is rad

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Play posted:

Pace is kinda tough because he has NOT been awful. In fact I would call him one of the most consistently average GMs in the league. Plus he has gotten better over time, his huge mistakes were mostly early in his tenure but since then he has not been bad in terms of drafting, roster construction, or free agent signings.

Is this stockholm syndrome or something? Pace has been pretty awful at both drafting and FAs. *gestures wildly at Jimmy Graham contract*

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MrLogan posted:

Is this stockholm syndrome or something? Pace has been pretty awful at both drafting and FAs. *gestures wildly at Jimmy Graham contract*

Pace unearthed some pretty good players in the late rounds, but his mistakes making the worst draft pick of the 21st century and mismanaging the non-existent salary cap so badly that the bears are the only team that actually has to cut good players instead of just magically restructuring their contracts like every other team does and then letting the best wideout in franchise history go for nothing after this year makes it incomprehensible that this dude is still allowed to run a team. Great hair though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you shouldn't be allowed to come back after mitch!!!!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

R.D. Mangles posted:

you shouldn't be allowed to come back after mitch!!!!!

You should have said that to Ryan Pace before he traded up!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

You should have said that to Ryan Pace before he traded up!!!!

It was too late, mitch had a bad car.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mitch had kissed the titties. Pace was mesmerized

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
ryan pace imo is extremely bad and frankly it's astounding the roster is as competitive as it is

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pace is not bad. He is average. The problem is he swings big too much, so the highs are Fields and Mack, but the lows are Kevin White and Mitchell Trubisky. Honestly, I'm kinda okay with it, but only because we have Fields.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
not to put too fine a point on it but you don’t know what you have in fields yet

not calling him good or bad, just too soon to tell

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

a patagonian cavy posted:

not to put too fine a point on it but you don’t know what you have in fields yet

not calling him good or bad, just too soon to tell

Oh I know. My point more is if Fields hits, everything is pretty much forgiven. You can't give blame without credit. And if he fails, he's done. We are gonna know by the end of the year, but this ride is just about done.

Edit: But we already know Justin Fields is the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

OneMoreTime posted:

Maybe he's like a less drunk Jay Cutler? Kind of talented but also kind of blows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Turns out Nagy is still a poo poo coach no matter who's at QB