Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
paging Pablo and sa. I really need to see monkey civ in living color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

Had a dream I was playing a new 4x game that was like civ but it was all monkeys. Like all the gameplay was nearly identical but all the units and world leaders and advisors were all monkeys and would occassionally pop up with text boxes saying "ooo eee eek" or other monkey stuff. I remember being really delighted with it and thinking about how I could kick everyone's rear end since I was the only one who realized this was just civ but with monkeys. When I got to a certain point in the game though suddenly it took me to a screen inside the monkey senate building and told me to "Customize your senator" so I took a long time looking at all the monkey hairstyles and monkey suits before confirming, at which point the camera moved over slightly to the next monkey in line and a little bar filled up saying I had successfully customized 1 out of 278 monkey senators at which point I got really angry and woke up.

you're just describing Spore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

Had a dream I was playing a new 4x game that was like civ but it was all monkeys. Like all the gameplay was nearly identical but all the units and world leaders and advisors were all monkeys and would occassionally pop up with text boxes saying "ooo eee eek" or other monkey stuff. I remember being really delighted with it and thinking about how I could kick everyone's rear end since I was the only one who realized this was just civ but with monkeys. When I got to a certain point in the game though suddenly it took me to a screen inside the monkey senate building and told me to "Customize your senator" so I took a long time looking at all the monkey hairstyles and monkey suits before confirming, at which point the camera moved over slightly to the next monkey in line and a little bar filled up saying I had successfully customized 1 out of 278 monkey senators at which point I got really angry and woke up.

hahahaha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Klowner posted:

paging Pablo and sa. I really need to see monkey civ in living color

Hang on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Went old school. Hope you enjoy.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol beautiful work

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lmfao at everything. glad to read this thread last and finally get context for posts in other threads like sherlock holmes putting everything together at the end of a mytsery

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed all the Paper Mario games came out on Steam in a surprise release and I was mildly surprised but not particularly interested. I felt like it was a bit wrong and hoped this wasnt a sign Nintendo was going full multiplatform so I logged on to see what the Imp Zone was saying.

My concern was assuaged when it turned out that Paper Mario was actually partially owned by HAL Labs and they had the right to port it to PC for some obscure copyright reason involving the Paper characters not being the "real" characters and a recent court ruling that you can't copyright paper.

While browsing I noticed there was a hot new posting trend where people would reply to posts with "burble de burble", which apparently represents the rumbling in your stomach in between farts when you're having a good fart session. This was meant to signify that the post was so beneath notice that it wasn't even worth farting on, even during a carefree farting session, so the poster was deliberately holding it in so as not to waste it. Lyle and a couple of other people were just burble de burbling at every post in the thread and I was trying to understand whether Mario was going multiplatform or not and it was really hard to read the actual facts and information amidst the endless torrent of burble de burbling. Eventually I joined in and posted "burble de borble" thinking it added some fun sounds and variety and I got probation for a month for ruining the burble de burble.

lmfao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

I was babysitting some 8yo girl and telling her a bedtime story.
For some reason, I decided to tell her a crime mystery story with a supernatural twist, and she had to solve it.
I don't remember the details except the twist was that the Canadiens hockey jersey the detective was wearing was haunted, and the women who asked him to solve the murder was actually a ghost of one of the victims.

Anyway, I notice the girl is scribbling notes on her forearm, and there other things already written. I lean in to read and the first thing I notice is "Starlord ---> Mario?" and thought to myself "oh, right, that actually happened" and instantly woke up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

burble de burble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

burble de burble

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

burble de burble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Something tells me that guy should not be in the vicinity of children, even in his dreams.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Dreamed that there were these cards released that worked similar to amiibos in this new game, and each card had a primary elemental (the big picture on it) and a secondary elemental (a little raised and embossed section into top right corner). On the back it would have descriptions of both of them and what they did. Both would be scanned into the game and would be playable characters across any campaign.

A friend was explaining all this to me and told me I could take two of his cards to get started. I was rifling through the pile seeing all kinds of familiar faces from other games, sometimes in odd combinations (Luigi card with a little embossed Master Chief, for instance), but nothing really caught my eye until I encountered a triangular card with none other than Adolf Hitler on it with a small embossed mohawked Travis Bickle at the top. I flipped the card over and there was a huge swastika with a blink-182 logo and it said Travis Barker is a bad motherf*cker.

Confused, I asked him if the card had a misprint, why was it triangular, was Hitler really playable, etc. He just laughed and said that must have gotten in there by accident, it's for a different game. Relieved, he took the card from me and put it away.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Dreamed that there were these cards released that worked similar to amiibos in this new game, and each card had a primary elemental (the big picture on it) and a secondary elemental (a little raised and embossed section into top right corner). On the back it would have descriptions of both of them and what they did. Both would be scanned into the game and would be playable characters across any campaign.

A friend was explaining all this to me and told me I could take two of his cards to get started. I was rifling through the pile seeing all kinds of familiar faces from other games, sometimes in odd combinations (Luigi card with a little embossed Master Chief, for instance), but nothing really caught my eye until I encountered a triangular card with none other than Adolf Hitler on it with a small embossed mohawked Travis Bickle at the top. I flipped the card over and there was a huge swastika with a blink-182 logo and it said Travis Barker is a bad motherf*cker.

Confused, I asked him if the card had a misprint, why was it triangular, was Hitler really playable, etc. He just laughed and said that must have gotten in there by accident, it's for a different game. Relieved, he took the card from me and put it away.

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

Lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ol yeller posted:

lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ol yeller posted:

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller posted:

Lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
background, I've had the deja Vu song stuck in my head for the past couple of days. in the dream I was playing Mario kart 64 as Luigi on frappe snowland, which slowly morphed into dk's jungle parkway over the course of the dream. deja Vu was playing in the background but every time I hit a power up the song sped up and so did the game. I was getting really anxious as everything whizzed by and finally I yelled "i hate this loving song!" except I said it in Luigi's voice, then I threw the controller. this somehow caused Luigi to fly off the jungle parkway bridge into a hyper realistic river. In my own voice I started to sing "in the arms of the angels" but the.piano accompaniment was playing chords of deja Vu. I woke up to that playing in my head and now I can't stop thinking about it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Klowner posted:

background, I've had the deja Vu song stuck in my head for the past couple of days. in the dream I was playing Mario kart 64 as Luigi on frappe snowland, which slowly morphed into dk's jungle parkway over the course of the dream. deja Vu was playing in the background but every time I hit a power up the song sped up and so did the game. I was getting really anxious as everything whizzed by and finally I yelled "i hate this loving song!" except I said it in Luigi's voice, then I threw the controller. this somehow caused Luigi to fly off the jungle parkway bridge into a hyper realistic river. In my own voice I started to sing "in the arms of the angels" but the.piano accompaniment was playing chords of deja Vu. I woke up to that playing in my head and now I can't stop thinking about it

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Klowner posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wait a sec… Olivia Rodrigo… Roderigo

:staredog:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had a dream where I was at a hotel and a pretty lady came up to me and asked to book a flight. I found some info and gave her the rates and when it was time to book I kept desperately trying to enter imp.zone on the url bar and it didnt pull anything up. i NEEDED to go to iz to get her ticket. i tried iz and pimp zone and tried looking up the doom wad and nothing would come up I was sweating bullets

i kept apologizing that it was taking so long when suddenly she asked "what is imp zone?" even tho she was on the other side of the desk. I panicked and said it was just a website, to which she solemnly nodded her head and calmly walked towards a security guard and I got so anxious i woke up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

had a dream where I was at a hotel and a pretty lady came up to me and asked to book a flight. I found some info and gave her the rates and when it was time to book I kept desperately trying to enter imp.zone on the url bar and it didnt pull anything up. i NEEDED to go to iz to get her ticket. i tried iz and pimp zone and tried looking up the doom wad and nothing would come up I was sweating bullets

i kept apologizing that it was taking so long when suddenly she asked "what is imp zone?" even tho she was on the other side of the desk. I panicked and said it was just a website, to which she solemnly nodded her head and calmly walked towards a security guard and I got so anxious i woke up

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dreamed a sexy babe was trying to sacrifice me to turn me into a 12/8 panther demon with lifelink and my only thought was "makes sense, thats a pretty good rate"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

dreamed a sexy babe was trying to sacrifice me to turn me into a 12/8 panther demon with lifelink and my only thought was "makes sense, thats a pretty good rate"

Also lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tfw no big titty goth babe gf to cast corpse cobble on me.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tfw no big titty goth babe gf to cast corpse cobble on me.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wait a sec… Olivia Rodrigo… Roderigo

:staredog:

whoa… imp dream zone delivers again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream that I was playing a survival horror game where instead of keys doorknobs had little mouths on them that you had to let lick your fingers in order to pass through. I realized I had played this game before and that I had the wrong "fingers" equipped to win this run. With grim inevitability I let the wrong door lick my index finger and entered. The camera changed to an overhead cctv view of a seven foot tall man in a Space Jam jersey holding a baseball bat. I knew it was coming and gave a very halfhearted "Aaaah." that was loud enough to wake me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that I was playing a survival horror game where instead of keys doorknobs had little mouths on them that you had to let lick your fingers in order to pass through. I realized I had played this game before and that I had the wrong "fingers" equipped to win this run. With grim inevitability I let the wrong door lick my index finger and entered. The camera changed to an overhead cctv view of a seven foot tall man in a Space Jam jersey holding a baseball bat. I knew it was coming and gave a very halfhearted "Aaaah." that was loud enough to wake me up

lmao