Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Havana Syndrome cause Lib Brain
This poll is closed.
Microwaves to the head 2 2.30%
Mass psychosis caused by lib brain 16 18.39%
Jeb! 23 26.44%
CIA reverse psychology causing Havana Syndrome 6 6.90%
Putin causes Lib Brain via Havana Syndrome 9 10.34%
VOTE! 31 35.63%
THE CIA PUT A CHIP IN MY BRAIN (RIP Norm) 0 0%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Harik posted:

and they say cspam is haven of doomposting, lmao

its not doomposting if you put a smiley face after "there is no electoral alternative but endorsing the mass death of the browner peoples of the earth"

see, watch

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cspam is not for doomposting

cspam is for posting your way through divorcing your wife over podcasts

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
What if I vote because I like the sticker.

That and local voting actually matters. I get to kick some nuts off of a school board in November hopefully.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

That and local voting actually matters. I get to kick some nuts off of a school board in November hopefully.

It's the same at the local level though - vote for people who are objectively as good as possible - not "who you think will win" kinda poo poo.

I do love local politics tho. It's very entertaining. Also the drama is wild. Like the DSA polycule poo poo. Or the buffalo mayor race.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jazerus posted:

satanishly:] it's actually tomato gravy

u mean salsa?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I like on menus at some Indian restaurants they call it gravy. Good stuff. Grandma's Sunday gravy (vindaloo)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

youve gone too loving far this time

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

pretty weird how highly you venerate the act of voting

With every election somehow being ThE mOsT iMpOrTaNt ElEcTiOn EvEr you tend to pick up on the language they use.

Paying attention helps, because otherwise you'd miss out on such gemstones as "give it some time he just got in" and "they have to act like republicans otherwise they would get trashed in elections," and the evergreen "expecting the government to actually help the people it serves makes you an entitled brat asking for ponies."

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

paranoid randroid posted:

every time i try to tell my wife something funny from cum town i have to say 'its not gross or racist' so she'll actually listen lol

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol if your spouse didn't/doesn't crack-ping right along side you. Spending time together and shared interests is the most important thing in a successful marriage and that includes loling and dying of climate disasters or Democrat enabled fascism in 15-20 years.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

With every election somehow being ThE mOsT iMpOrTaNt ElEcTiOn EvEr you tend to pick up on the language they use.

Paying attention helps, because otherwise you'd miss out on such gemstones as "give it some time he just got in" and "they have to act like republicans otherwise they would get trashed in elections," and the evergreen "expecting the government to actually help the people it serves makes you an entitled brat asking for ponies."

o so you admit to adopting their language

you know per sapir whorf that means you're adopted their beliefs

makes u think imho

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Sedisp posted:

Lol if your spouse didn't/doesn't crack-ping right along side you. Spending time together and shared interests is the most important thing in a successful marriage and that includes loling and dying of climate disasters or Democrat enabled fascism in 15-20 years.

My spouse has pretty much crack pinged as much as I have recently due to COVID. He's been watching his bosses try to get his vulnerable coworkers back into the office because management wants to micomanage their fiefdoms and he's just losing his poo poo.

Like he used have this real sense that businesses would make logical decisions about things and that's finally out the window and its glorious.

Oh also he's like 95% on the same page about climate change with me. He just still thinks we have until like 2050 before things get "bad" lmao.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

what if you live in an unincorporated area and they won't let you vote for city stuff tho

(it loving sucks, man)

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

No one post in US News again, let it fall off the first page

Worth repeating

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Building a patreon discord with my wife to distribute pictures of our baby to our social media superfans saved our marriage and pays for our Disney+ account.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Yinlock posted:

I thought they eased off a bit on the Let's All Give George Bush Big Hugs strategy now that trump's out of office

it's going to rule in '24 if trump doesn't run and we get desantis vs the shambling corpse of joe and everyone starts fellating trump about how great a president he was

it might take until '28 but the democratic rehabilitation of trump in the face of THE MOST IOMPORTANT ELECTION EVER is pretty self-evident for anyone with the basic pattern recognition to know who regan, bush1 & bush2 are.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the evergreen "expecting the government to actually help the people it serves makes you an entitled brat asking for ponies."
this is a terrible lie

the government has always, since even before the revolution kicked off, helped the people it serves. it just ain't us

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

o so you admit to adopting their language

you know per sapir whorf that means you're adopted their beliefs

makes u think imho

Knowledge of thing does not constitute approval of thing. Knowing Joe Biden is a rapist does not mean I approved of it -- if that wasn't a deal breaker, I would have voted for him just like other people itt.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Knowledge of thing does not constitute approval of thing. Knowing Joe Biden is a rapist does not mean I approved of it -- if that wasn't a deal breaker, I would have voted for him just like other people itt.

that's what you think, because internalizing it has already altered your modes of thought

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is time for D&D to embrace Maoist-Potism.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah I'm looking into this, but as I'm an oafish buffoon in all matters in my life I must also plan for when I inevitably end up super gluing the mouse PCB to my forehead as a get my rear end stuck in a big jug and my attempts to redress this result in me falling out of a window

i wasn't sold on a comedy sixer but if you find a gif of this i'm down

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Harik posted:

i wasn't sold on a comedy sixer but if you find a gif of this i'm down

it seems unlikely that I'd be able to get this on film but if I do manage it I promise you I'll do this

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Willa Rogers posted:

Do you know what federalized healthcare program Southern states wouldn't have been able to gut or opt out of?

Do you know what the income cap for expanded Medicaid was in 2014 and what it is today?

Do you know what Medicaid clawback is?

Do you know that "subsidies that make plans more affordable" simply mask the unregulated costs of private insurance?

Do you know that bronze plans now come with $8,000/year deductibles?

Do you know that that $8k/year deductible is only fulfilled by going to in-network providers for your crap insurance, even when you have no control over which doctors are in-network during hospitalizations?

eta: You do what you can to survive. Others have no choice, and die, and not just bc they lived in states that didn't expand Medicaid.

wow it's too bad all that stuff is my fault, huh

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Knowing the concentration camps are still operational doesn't mean I like it, otherwise, I would have voted for Joe Biden.

But I didn't.

Because I don't trade my sense of ethics for whatever makes democratic fundraisers a lucrative venture.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Beetus posted:

wow it's too bad all that stuff is my fault, huh

Your continued support of democrats more or less makes you part of the problem, so, yes, thank you for acknowledging it. The road to recovery begins here.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Knowing the concentration camps are still operational doesn't mean I like it, otherwise, I would have voted for Joe Biden.

But I didn't.

Because I don't trade my sense of ethics for whatever makes democratic fundraisers a lucrative venture.

good for you, maybe you should get yourself a treat

e: it's really funny that pulling a lever that you personally think is bullshit every 4 years and saying "well the aca sucks but it did help me survive" is "supporting the democrats" but you can believe whatever you wish I suppose

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 25, 2021

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

what if you live in an unincorporated area and they won't let you vote for city stuff tho

(it loving sucks, man)

you generally get to vote for county positions, presumably save a bundle on taxes while free-riding on city amenities and avoiding ordinances (if you want to raise chickens or w/e)

seems like a p sweet deal to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

But I didn't.

who are you responding to here

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

an eternity in the boiling tomato SAUCE pits for you

If you're making it with a protein-dripping base it's a gravy

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Professor Beetus posted:

good for you, maybe you should get yourself a treat

lmao so much for "but i didn't do all that!", it lasted all of one post

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Harik posted:

lmao so much for "but i didn't do all that!", it lasted all of one post

I'm sorry, is voting meaningless, or is it not? Is there no consensus on this yet?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Me, about to post in da blow zone:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

There’s the option to vote but also vote for who you actually want in power.

Which is why I always write in myself.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I always write in Ecco the Dolphin

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Me, about to post in da blow zone:

Dr Rockso did some weird poo poo to get by over the years

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

be the change vbc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

Dr Rockso did some weird poo poo to get by over the years

let's be honest here...pretty much 100% of this thread would get their poo poo wrecked if they found themselves in the ring with a 9 foot tall punch clown

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

let's be honest here...pretty much 100% of this thread would get their poo poo wrecked if they found themselves in the ring with a 9 foot tall punch clown

but doctor,

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmfaooooo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

that's what you think, because internalizing it has already altered your modes of thought

If I understood what any of that meant I might be bothered by it. But it doesn't, partly because I'm a dumbass but also because supporting parties that play fast and loose with ethics when it comes to their own actions is a fool's errand.

Supporting democrats is a trash job for garbage idiots who barely possess the self-awareness necessary to realize how goddamned moronic they look apologizing for these pieces of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

If I understood what any of that meant I might be bothered by it.

ah so ur an anarchist