Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Havana Syndrome cause Lib Brain
This poll is closed.
Microwaves to the head 2 2.30%
Mass psychosis caused by lib brain 16 18.39%
Jeb! 23 26.44%
CIA reverse psychology causing Havana Syndrome 6 6.90%
Putin causes Lib Brain via Havana Syndrome 9 10.34%
VOTE! 31 35.63%
THE CIA PUT A CHIP IN MY BRAIN (RIP Norm) 0 0%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Welcome to the Thunderdome. All topics welcome. No Topics leave

What is this - A general purpose Debate and Discussion thread, post what you like, debate it and discuss it. Slapfighting is allowed, within reason. Throw down a topic, make it yours.
What this is NOT - A place to dump racism/bigotry/grudge matches against posters you hate.
Drunk Post is okay as long as you don't violate Rule #2 "what this is not"

When: This thread will open every Friday evening till Sunday night.

There may be occasional joke probations if you get obnoxious towards other posters, but for the most part a lot of rules are relaxed here.

This is a counterpart to CSPAM's Succ Zone thread, a general purpose Debate and Discussion Dems bad thread, linked here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975333 Er, actual succ zone: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958552

If you are D&D forum banned, don't try it. Still applies here.
Exceptions for this thread:
Yeowch, My Balls

Official DMZ Town Drunks:
None yet, keep trying.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
[reserved for future links to specific parts of the thread as it blows up]

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Concentration camps!
Democrat party!
Why do the mods who don't agree with me still have buttons!?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTeI8X-SoQ

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
This seems like a good idea.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the_steve posted:

Concentration camps!
Democrat party!

:hai:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
posting before this thread gets closed in a huff

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
Okay, I can see what people are complaining about : Guys, this is the USNews thread, we can have a very good discussion about Voting and Fascism in America, but it won't be in this thread. If someone wants to start a topic for the Fascism stuff, be my guest. We have the voting thread already for "Does Voting work in the US"

There's good discussion to have, but its off topic here.

To bring it back on topic:
https://twitter.com/emrazz/status/1139526791901659136

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

1stGear posted:

posting before this thread gets closed in a huff

finally, the topic we've been waiting for.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Look, I'd really appreciate it if we'd stop posting an endless stream of emrazz tweets. I get that she is a popular blue check or something but not being able to participate is disappointing.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
This is a stupid idea.

If you want a thread to just post curated news articles then make one like there was before. It will get few posts per week or month because no one is actively allowed to "debate."

If you want a thread to bitch just about republicans then make one. If you want a Trump thread then make one. If you want a chat thread then make one.

Every time there is any hint of argument in USPOL/US News that criticizes democrats it gets spun off to it's own thread so it can die, either by over-moderation, or because quite few of the original arguers follow it to the new thread. I understand the desire to limit derails, despite them being about current important US news, but stuff about food will go on for 10 pages while stuff voting (which is a frequent topic that comes up often in the thread!) is shoved into the containment thread full of circular arguments that no one except thread regulars view.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can’t wait for a million posts about how dissent is harshly punished in D&D when the mods have been giving out like three probes a week, for months.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

unironically owns that i dropped two letters off of 'democratic' +a year ago and you all still melt down about it

absolutely incredible, thank you all for the laughs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cranappleberry posted:

Every time there is any hint of argument in USPOL/US News that criticizes democrats it gets spun off to it's own thread so it can die, either by over-moderation, or because quite few of the original arguers follow it to the new thread. I understand the desire to limit derails, despite them being about current important US news, but stuff about food will go on for 10 pages while stuff voting (which is a frequent topic that comes up often in the thread!) is shoved into the containment thread full of circular arguments that no one except thread regulars view.

Lmao, again: USNews is a single threaded topic, and there are PLENTY of meaty topics/discussion that come up in it. Most of the times we make a targeted thread for those discussions to flower in, in this case: This is the dumping ground. People want to be able to slapfight/discuss for pages on whatever off-topic they want.

Welcome to that thread. Enjoy.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Lmao, again: USNews is a single threaded topic, and there are PLENTY of meaty topics/discussion that come up in it. Most of the times we make a targeted thread for those discussions to flower in, in this case: This is the dumping ground. People want to be able to slapfight/discuss for pages on whatever off-topic they want.

No thanks.

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

its funny as gently caress that when someone posted a video of a joint chief that was bad for biden, everyone shrieked at them because they posted a tweet from a bad twitterer embedding the real video and they ended up catching a 3 day probe. meanwhile your dumb rear end tries to change the topic by posting a tweet from "wall street isnt the enemy of working people" emrazz lmfaooo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cranappleberry posted:

This is a stupid idea.

If you want a thread to just post curated news articles then make one like there was before. It will get few posts per week or month because no one is actively allowed to "debate."

If you want a thread to bitch just about republicans then make one. If you want a Trump thread then make one. If you want a chat thread then make one.

Excuse me but the Ig Nobel prize is an award granted by Harvard University, which is in these United States of America, and therefore Australian beetles that gently caress beer bottles is a valid US News topic!

Citations:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110929235201.htm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_University

Mods please let me know if that first link isn't kosher because its source is the University of Toronto.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

unironically owns that i dropped two letters off of 'democratic' +a year ago and you all still melt down about it

I didn't know you invented that

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
AOCIA is not a good person

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Then don't participate?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lib and let die posted:

It’s all I ever think about. Three AM, in a cold sweat, I shoot awake thinking about the time that Lib and let die referred to my beloved, my unfailingly just political party in the manner that the hated Republicans do.

Doesn’t he know that orange man bad? I think. Why does he refuse to vote blue no matter who? The answers are elusive, and perhaps they will always be.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like that this thread is going to end up being a very bad idea. :munch:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's what the gas button is for. But considering its still weekend D&D posting, we'll see. I have hopes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Re...pubeicans? No... Republicants? No that's bad too. Republic party doesn't really work the same way either.

Hmmm

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did you buy my avatar?

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We’re allowed to blind quote the succzone here, right?

quote:

lmao
lmao

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Welcome, tankies and psychos of all stripes.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't know you invented that

i stole it actually. i didn't even have to put forth the effort to invent it :)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the 2016 lover posted:

its funny as gently caress that when someone posted a video of a joint chief that was bad for biden, everyone shrieked at them because they posted a tweet from a bad twitterer embedding the real video and they ended up catching a 3 day probe. meanwhile your dumb rear end tries to change the topic by posting a tweet from "wall street isnt the enemy of working people" emrazz lmfaooo

that really was pretty funny. lol.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mellow Seas posted:

We’re allowed to blind quote the succzone here, right?

lmao

lol what IS the topic of the bad thread? Is it just roe v wade forever now? is that the implication with bringing the thread back on topic?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Abortion is wrong

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

LOL just like Biden's "build back better" then! (Not to mention some of his speeches when he ran for president the first time!)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's so loving insane that the serous debate club nerds are so dedicated to protecting the sanctity of the tviv thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

How are u posted:

lol what IS the topic of the bad thread? Is it just roe v wade forever now? is that the implication with bringing the thread back on topic?

i actually fully endorse anyone that wants to directly link my posts. :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lib and let die posted:

You're lucky this is harder than it looks

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah, why blind quote when you can just....quote the poster?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
As the one who cracked a joke about having embassy threads in each forum i hereby, officially, and irrevocably steal full credit and blame for everything that happens itt

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm here to discuss the heavily pertinent American news that soon-to-be released film DUNE is rated at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. Will these high marks maintain themselves by release? What does this mean for the ongoing fallout of January 6th? Discuss.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I nearly posted a request that any talk about January 6th be moved to its own thread, but the one thing I'm really grateful for the mod nomination thread of showing me is how that forum is filled with the most unpleasant, conspiratorial, spiteful people alive that I'd rather dangle my balls in acid than deal with, so I know there's actually no audience for even a joke there, they really do just want it to be a cute little preservation of 2013 era Democratic High Spin Zone where the likes of Paul Krugman and Ezra Stein are sages forever.

Just wish they'd be more honest about it, but if they were, they wouldn't be who they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Probably Magic posted:

I'm here to discuss the heavily pertinent American news that soon-to-be released film DUNE is rated at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. Will these high marks maintain themselves by release? What does this mean for the ongoing fallout of January 6th? Discuss.

Its gotta stand up to the low budget 2000 Sci Fi miniseries. I stand by that.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

As the one who cracked a joke about having embassy threads in each forum i hereby, officially, and irrevocably steal full credit and blame for everything that happens itt

Actually you did give me the idea, so you are Ambassador to D&D.