Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hobbs' best scene is in 7, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHTlqwZsHs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I liked Vanessa Kirby in Hobbs and Shaw and wish she did more, but at least she did more than she did in MI Fallout. Kirby should join the family proper imo.

Hobbs and Shaw also made the existence of undead cyborgs a thing in the F&Fverse, so that's something. I dunno what, but it's something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I love the F&F movies but H&S was just a miserable slog. It’s like an hour too long and the buddy “cop” shtick wears real thin after like 30 minutes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vin being a big baby and banishing Dwayne to a different series rubs me the wrong way. If I was writing F10 I’d have Luis Guzman show up, beat up Dom, and take over.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thats unfair because Luis Guzman can emote

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Casimir Radon posted:

Vin being a big baby and banishing Dwayne to a different series rubs me the wrong way. If I was writing F10 I’d have Luis Guzman show up, beat up Dom, and take over.

I feel like the Rock's character didn't have much of a reason to stick around the main series at this point.

F10 story discussion below, don't read unless you've seen the movie or don't care about spoilers

The explanation for Han coming back is the funniest thing I've seen accepted by characters in a major franchise in a long time. Excited to see what they do with the Han getting justice tease at the end. Justice for faking his own death via second retcon?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Casimir Radon posted:

Vin being a big baby and banishing Dwayne to a different series rubs me the wrong way.
Nahman. Vin is all about family because he’s a big weird sincere goony goon all about the mythos. The Rock is strictly about The Rock and it’s all about branding. I’m fully on Vin’s side.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Vin and Rock is really just the classic example of two egos just being unable to co-exist in the same town and needing to be separated.

Vin Diesel is convinced he's making art about family while Rock is all about big-names in big-action and while they tried to work together it was for the best the studio gave Rock his own F&F sub-series.

I actually like the F&F series and I know I'm in a minority here saying this. Maybe it's because I travel(ed) a lot before Covid and, drat, are mindless action flicks like F&F perfect for killing a plane ride.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 23, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I've always assumed their "rivalry" was all manufactured marketing. With maybe a handful of Vin's star power decreasing to fuel it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Casimir Radon posted:

It’s a better FF movie than the last few have been.

Took me a minute to figure out who Hobbes and Shaw was in any relation to Final Fantasy

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Vin and The Rock are both just idiot egotistical meatheads trying to promote their brands and I find it both completely believable and hilarious that they keep butting their big bald heads over who the series star should be.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm of the mind that Vin is the bigger dick head here purely because he talks about being this tremendous/successful actor despite most of his projects having failed over the years (I love Riddick, but the sequels tanked, Bloodshot? more like shoot me in the head so theres just blood everywhere instead of watching that movie. The Last Witch Hunter? More like the last of this witch hunter we'll ever see...) and the one role besides Dominick Torreto he's most well known for is repeating I Am Groot in various intonations. The Rock on the other hand has many numerous successes, is affable and knows how to play the heel/take bumps when he needs to/can be funny, charming and gregarious at a moments notice and has some level of range that Diesel just cant do. I think Vin has a chip on his shoulder about that and if you're so curious to go back and look at the reviews of Fast 5 a lot of the reviewers mention how much of a kick in the pants The Rock is to the franchise that was starting to feel stale and that definitely didnt sit well with Vin. That all accumulates to there being this animosity I am certain is mostly one sided. Maybe the rock is a prick, he definitely was a cry baby the one time when Baywatch bombed but Vin by all accounts seems to be an even bigger dick head and lost all control once Paul Walker died. That was definitely the catalyst to a lot of shake ups in the FF series beyond creatively. You can tell Paul was some sort of center to Vin's life (and maybe even to a lesser extent Michelle Rodriguez's life. Did you catch the two of them at the video game awards a couple years ago completely yay'd out of their eyeballs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbtjAt33AoI

ive clearly thought a lot about this. I like the FF movies a lot.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Flesh for Frankenstein is up for pre-order over at Vinegar Syndrome and it is part of the subscription if you were wondering. :hellyeah:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

caligulamprey posted:

Flesh for Frankenstein is up for pre-order over at Vinegar Syndrome and it is part of the subscription if you were wondering. :hellyeah:

I just checked the sale. It's nice being a subscriber since I only had to pre-order Censor, that way I don't have to buy it on Black Friday :smug:

That also reminded me to preorder Shout's Halloween 3 UHD and Kino's new Kolchack complete series :retrogames:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I just checked the sale. It's nice being a subscriber since I only had to pre-order Censor, that way I don't have to buy it on Black Friday :smug:

That also reminded me to preorder Shout's Halloween 3 UHD and Kino's new Kolchack complete series :retrogames:

Is there a way to order Halloween 2 and 3 without the vinyl? I can't find one on the store page

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilmsVideo/status/1441404604017565703

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Is there a way to order Halloween 2 and 3 without the vinyl? I can't find one on the store page

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/halloween-ii-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=7670

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/halloween-iii-season-of-the-witch-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=7671

:confused:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bizarre, I couldn't get them to pull up but those links work :shrug:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Goddamn it, what are the dimensions on that Shawscope box gonna be? I might have to get a separate drawer for weird shaped box sets.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Update for those that pre-ordered the Halloween series 4K discs

quote:

Thank you again for your recent Halloween purchase! We are currently prepping orders for Halloween and very soon tracking numbers will be issued for the initial shipments.

We want to keep everyone up to date on the status of their order.

We are staggering shipments as a result of some minor supply chain disruptions and here is how we see the rollout as of today:

4K UHD + Exclusive Poster:

You should start to see shipment confirmations on orders for Halloween 1, 3, 4, and 5 with just the 4K UHD and poster very soon. We are waiting on the 4K UHD for Halloween II and when it that arrives (planned for this week), those orders will also start to ship. These orders will ship via USPS.

4K UHD + Exclusive Poster + Vinyl:

These will start to ship early next week as the vinyl and collectible boxes are ready to ship in the warehouse. These orders will ship via UPS. Please note that if you have elected to ship to a post office box, these will ship via USPS.

Halloween 1-5 + Exclusive Posters + Vinyl:

These items will start to ship early next week via UPS. Please note that if you have elected to ship to a post office box, these will ship via USPS.

Halloween 1-5 + Exclusive Posters + Vinyl + Exclusive Enamel Pin Set:

The enamel pins are scheduled to arrive in our warehouse on September 28 (we are so excited to see them). Once they are received and processed, we will start to pick and ship orders for the top bundle. Tracking will start to appear toward the end of next week. These items will start to ship next week via UPS. Please note that if you have elected to ship to a post office box, these will ship via USPS.

We will continue to update you on your order status until your order(s) ship. Once we have issued you a tracking number, we will remove your email from this notification process. A small number of orders may ship later than we would like, we are working with the manufacturers and transit companies to minimize any delay.

We are so pleased to deliver these classic films to you. We look forward to your feedback.

Stay spooky,
Shout! Factory

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

I'm of the mind that Vin is the bigger dick head here purely because he talks about being this tremendous/successful actor despite most of his projects having failed over the years (I love Riddick, but the sequels tanked, Bloodshot? more like shoot me in the head so theres just blood everywhere instead of watching that movie. The Last Witch Hunter? More like the last of this witch hunter we'll ever see...) and the one role besides Dominick Torreto he's most well known for is repeating I Am Groot in various intonations. The Rock on the other hand has many numerous successes, is affable and knows how to play the heel/take bumps when he needs to/can be funny, charming and gregarious at a moments notice and has some level of range that Diesel just cant do.

The Rock is charming because he’s a sociopath. He’s a Republican who buddied up to the House of Saud and CIA Jim. Vin Diesel simply appears to be a dnd nerd, and thus annoying

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

DeimosRising posted:

The Rock is charming because he’s a sociopath. He’s a Republican who buddied up to the House of Saud and CIA Jim. Vin Diesel simply appears to be a dnd nerd, and thus annoying

that sociopath is going to be the US president one day. make sure to tune into his campaign presser 'Young Rock', now cleared for its 2nd season on NBC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

dorium posted:

that sociopath is going to be the US president one day. make sure to tune into his campaign presser 'Young Rock', now cleared for its 2nd season on NBC.

They're spinning it off with a President Rock show that takes place in the '30s.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Detective No. 27 posted:

They're spinning it off with a President Rock show that takes place in the '30s.

but of course they are. i watched like the first 2 episodes and you just knew exactly what they were aiming for with the show. utterly depressing, but it seems to be doing well in the ratings and its giving viewers a very sanitized and wholesome look at him as a person. is what it is I guess, not much that can be done to that machine.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Kino Lorber is putting out Hard Target on UHD! gently caress yeah!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dorium posted:

That’s one of the requirements yes

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's a nice fantasy to believe that everyone who gets rich by compromising their morality and looking the other way on violence or even genocide is a sociopath but unfortunately it's not the case. People like that are all too common.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Another Laser Disc was uncovered

Edit:
That's ~$62 in 2021 dollars

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 25, 2021

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Iron Crowned posted:

Another Laser Disc was uncovered

Edit:
That's ~$62 in 2021 dollars

Jesus, they made a movie venerating that monster?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Jesus, they made a movie venerating that monster?
I’d never heard of it. But apparently it makes him out to be a monster, as was reality.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The tag line ends with "The country's greatest nightmare." so I'm guessing it's not a celebration of Roy Cohn.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Just got out of Cop Shop and that’s definitely going to be one to get on UHD for me in the future. The movie is a ton of fun and just a scummy lil action movie in the vein of Assault on Precicnt 13, VFW, Free Fire or Smoking Aces.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Casimir Radon posted:

I’d never heard of it. But apparently it makes him out to be a monster, as was reality.

CPL593H posted:

The tag line ends with "The country's greatest nightmare." so I'm guessing it's not a celebration of Roy Cohn.

I even read that, but just the irony of James Woods playing him was just too much for me to even accurately comprehend that, given that Woods is a huge POS in real life, I figured he had to be venerating him.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

I even read that, but just the irony of James Woods playing him was just too much for me to even accurately comprehend that, given that Woods is a huge POS in real life, I figured he had to be venerating him.

I thought of that too but maybe he wasn't as much of a rightwing shitheel back then. Or he was but, you know, money.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nihonniboku posted:

Woods probably thought he was playing the hero, not the villain, of White House Down

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Nihonniboku posted:

Easy mistake

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

I thought of that too but maybe he wasn't as much of a rightwing shitheel back then. Or he was but, you know, money.

I think he was always sorta conservative but hadn't gone all in on the grifting side of it yet.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

If he's our greatest nightmare, that sounds like a celebration to me! Nobody is better at being a nightmare than Cohn.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

If he's our greatest nightmare, that sounds like a celebration to me! Nobody is better at being a nightmare than Cohn.

I just had a really good idea for a movie someone get me in touch with Hollywood.

Freddy vs Cohn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Best Buy has the Scream Factory Halloween UHD available for store pickup today, a week early, $26.99. Nice!