Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Postman posted:

New N64 Switch controller image... lol at that ZR button

It took them 3 old controllers to finally put the home button on one of them. But I'm happy they finally did. It's my only complaint about the snes one.

edit: what a terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Looks like it still has the rumble pak port, I wonder if they are gonna release anything for it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

probably a rumble pak

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Looks like it still has the rumble pak port, I wonder if they are gonna release anything for it

Gonna put a Game Boy transfer pack in it and play Pokémon Stadium with a transferred team.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I assumed the controller already has that hd rumble tech built into it like the pro controller and joycons. I wonder if the hey you pikachu mic works. Or the pokemon stadium transfer pak.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I assumed the controller already has that hd rumble tech built into it like the pro controller and joycons.

I would not assume anything with Nintendo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nintendo will sell a rumble pack separately.

It will do nothing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hrist posted:

No one cares about this, hth. It's a super old SA thing, and I don't even know why it was ever a concern to begin with.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Hrist posted:

It took them 3 old controllers to finally put the home button on one of them. But I'm happy they finally did. It's my only complaint about the snes one.

here's an even pettier home button-related gripe: it's possible to open Pokemon Lets Go using a Pro controller, but you literally cannot do anything once you do, including press Home. dumb!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fun Times! posted:

That's loving hilarious.

like i'm sure it might sound like a joke but kamiya is very particular about that sort of thing and has apparently been replying the same thing to every piece of bayonetta 3 fanart that doesn't include the mole on her face

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it will be hilarious if people are expected to just search for old N64 rumble paks on ebay in order to get rumble.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

If Konami isn't interested in developing games anymore why not license out their IP to studios that are?
I'm not convinced that Konami is entirely disinterested in making games, but with the departures of Igarashi and Kojima they don't have the same internal development talent that they once did.

These collections basically are licensing out their IP to studios (M2) that want to develop with them. They're also building a good relationship with LRG with the official Rondo English localization being a thing.

So yes, if these Castlevania collections sell well there's really no reason for Konami not to allow a partner who previously managed that IP to develop a game or two that will clearly sell in the market.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 26, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man this soul system in Aria of Sorrow sucks. Just give me a god drat Curly

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Use the rewind system to your advantage and rewind getting the killing blow over and over

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine
I totally get where you're coming from, but it's clearly inconsistent. When luanne's mom came home from prison and bill falls in love with her, they're in bills backyard and bill is grilling in a half 55-gal barrel setup. it has to be charcoal. it's clear there are no hoses or propane tanks leading into the grill, although i will admit there are no charcoal bags drawn. hank is eating the hamburger with his hands, there's no reason why he should overreact to bobby and peggy having charcoal under their nails.

edit: sorry wrong thread

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

ExtraQuiet posted:

I totally get where you're coming from, but it's clearly inconsistent. When luanne's mom came home from prison and bill falls in love with her, they're in bills backyard and bill is grilling in a half 55-gal barrel setup. it has to be charcoal. it's clear there are no hoses or propane tanks leading into the grill, although i will admit there are no charcoal bags drawn. hank is eating the hamburger with his hands, there's no reason why he should overreact to bobby and peggy having charcoal under their nails.

edit: sorry wrong thread

Agreed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

why are the home and screenshot buttons on top instead of in the huge empty space surrounding the start button that nobody is already touching

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No one cares about this, hth. It's a super old SA thing, and I don't even know why it was ever a concern to begin with.

this

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Yeah when are we getting a King of the Hill game for Switch?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am i reading this right? Some nerd paid $5k for a fuckin' oreo?

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/154626317721?item=154626317721&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
500... but one bid, new seller, just a fake auction to try and juice the price of other ones.

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

The Postman posted:

Yeah when are we getting a King of the Hill game for Switch?

i honestly dont know how someone hasn't ported "Pro-Pain!" yet.
(s11-E8)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Red Warrior posted:

500... but one bid, new seller, just a fake auction to try and juice the price of other ones.

sorry wrong link, here's the 5k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313686834342?hash=item4909313ca6:g:GxEAAOSw7hZhTiHy

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I was hungry, okay? :(

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Those sure are some related sponsored items.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Len posted:

Am i reading this right? Some nerd paid $5k for a fuckin' oreo?

uh it's not just "an oreo" dude it's got the legendarily rare pokémon mew right on it. 5k is a steal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hatty posted:

Use the rewind system to your advantage and rewind getting the killing blow over and over

There's this room that has two Curlys and a Valkyrie right at the entrance. I put on all my highest luck gear, can one shot them. I spent an hour and a half killing like ten curly a minute while watching football. I have like 8 Valkyrie souls, zero Curly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

b_d posted:

uh it's not just "an oreo" dude it's got the legendarily rare pokémon mew right on it. 5k is a steal

One of the guys who used to be in GameXplain opened a box yesterday and had a mew and ate it and like five minutes later saw that story

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

They don't even look good

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
oreos just aren't that good to begin with

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

brb gonna trade a baggie of Oreo crumbs for an OLED Switch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

lot of freaks outing themselves today.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Watch all these oreos getting bought up as resellers look for Mew cookies to sell on Ebay. Sigh. Stupid stupid stupid.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Man this soul system in Aria of Sorrow sucks. Just give me a god drat Curly
Which is funny because I'm playing a "no grinding souls" run right now and basically the first Curly I killed gave the soul drop and I'm like :woop:

Relax Or DIE posted:

:hai:

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Give me Mario Oreos with a rare Wart cookie

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

b_d posted:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

b_d posted:

I used to love oreos. Ate one the other day and it just tasted like lard and crumbs.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I'm sure i missed it in the sea of new posts but has anyone played that Actraiser remaster? Any thoughts?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Money laundering/fake bid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Tried out Actraiser on PC and the art style is growing on me. It feels like a PS1 remake of the game in HD kinda. It just kicks rear end this game is back.

I want to get it on Switch but the Digital Foundry guy says there’s issues in that version so I guess I’ll wait to see what updates can do.

PneumonicBook posted:

Actraiser impressions after about two hours and getting done with Fillmore:

For better or for worse Actraiser is a complete remake. The action stage maps are similar in some ways but are completely changed in others. You have a lot more moves (combos, a rising slash, a downward thrust from midair, a backslide, etc) and there's a system where you collect crystals from enemies that start giving you stacking buffs if you don't die.

The simulation stages are completely changed. You can't seal monster lairs until the towns ready to, and you have to go down into them for a short action stage which is mostly pointless so far. You get attacked by demons in waves in a not real great tower defense where you can use your miracles and can semi control a human champion. There are also resources to collect and spend on upgrading gatehouses for the tower defense parts.

It's interesting because they could have just slapped some new graphics and remixed the soundtrack and it would have been fine, but the game is completely redone, at least so far. It's a little janky looking, reminds me of a Sega Saturn game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If nothing else it's certainly an interesting experiment.

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Literally just got done with Fillmore after 2 hours s as well and feel basically the same way. So far I’m interested in playing more since the changes they’ve made are fairly true to the spirit of the original (down to your townspeople constantly bugging you). I personally like the changes to combat and really enjoyed the buffs you get when collecting crystals.

I could see it getting long winded, but i was genuinely curious how they would charge $30 for a remake of Actraiser, when that game goes by so quickly. It’s cool to see that they beefed it up a lot. I played the original not long ago and Fillmore couldn’t have been more than 20 minutes, so i was not expecting 2 hours worth of gameplay.

So far I’m impressed and glad i bought it.

These posts are kinda why I'm not getting it anytime soon. It seems cool if you have a desire to play the game more, but I don't really have any opinion on it outside of thinking it was dope when I played it a year or so ago.