Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s just for an event, like what they did for lantern festival but more. Also geolocuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Twisc posted:

i just hit ar40 so it auto set me to wl5. drat it's a huge jump for monster hp. i'm managing, but bosses became tough again.

in my couple hours so far it looks like maybe 4 star drops start to become a more common thing, still haven't seen a 5 star

I haven’t done any bosses at wl5 yet, but I played for a few days back at 4 to get some people up to speed. Probably won’t be doing bosses either until I’ve finished running a bunch of domains and by then I should hopefully be fine

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
So if I have Baal and Yoimiya and want to make them work, how is everyone else finishing out that comp? Bennett and Diona maybe? Bennett and Beidou? I'm guessing a shielder is the way to go, and the electro resonance would help energy costs as well. I have all 4-stars, and Jean, Zhongli, Venti, Childe, Xiao, Keqing, Qiqi, Klee, and Diluc.

I realize the answer is probably Zhongli, but Zhongli and Jean are permanently attached at the hip to Xiao.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you're using a xiao team elsewhere then probably yoi/raiden/bennett/xq would be your best bet

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Kinda wish you could have 5 people on your team, or be able to switch teams on the fly. It's really annoying to be doing a quest and run into those Fatui fucks who are all "No Cryo/Hydro in your party? haha sucks to be you" and now it's a miserable slugfest.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

x1o posted:

Kinda wish you could have 5 people on your team, or be able to switch teams on the fly. It's really annoying to be doing a quest and run into those Fatui fucks who are all "No Cryo/Hydro in your party? haha sucks to be you" and now it's a miserable slugfest.
If I could hotkey "just shoot an Electro arrow for this puzzle real quick regardless of my comp" Inazuma's puzzles would've been cleared in about a third of the time it took me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If I could hotkey "just shoot an Electro arrow for this puzzle real quick regardless of my comp" Inazuma's puzzles would've been cleared in about a third of the time it took me.

Poor Amber would never get put into any party :(

I've pulled Amber into my friendship comp, and it's kinda hard to believe a character with 2000+ attack and 40/160 crit can underperform everyone else in the party. I should do a write up about how even her "solid builds" on KQM really suck.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m using amber currently too except I didn’t put gear on her and she exists to pop shields with burst.

Also her charge attack does as much shield dmg as Yoi’s charge + 3 fireworks. Another part of dumb yoi poo poo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's not a Yoimiya-specific thing, Amber does twice as much element damage as every other archer in the game. Except Ganyu who hits twice, I guess.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
For my Klee/Keqing/Fischl/Qiqi team would I do better swapping Fischl out for Beidou? It would really be nice to have a claymore user for shields

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

For my Klee/Keqing/Fischl/Qiqi team would I do better swapping Fischl out for Beidou? It would really be nice to have a claymore user for shields

Klee's charge attacks count as "heavy" hits for shields/geo shields

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I always find myself chasing one arrow and one claymore user in my teams just to handle heavy blow shields and for aerial or targeted ranged issues. The floaters are the worst though. Just me and my playstyle I guess.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

I always find myself chasing one arrow and one claymore user in my teams just to handle heavy blow shields and for aerial or targeted ranged issues. The floaters are the worst though. Just me and my playstyle I guess.

This was my playstyle through most of my team development.

When you get powered up characters that really kick rear end, then your strategy is to just kill thinks for fast that their quirks don’t really matter. Ruin hunters and fatui just die so quickly their gimmicks don’t mean anything to me now.

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009
If no one else has shared this, the unofficial fan creation stream hosted on Bilibili: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1df4y1w7Z1.

Content creators are sponsored by Mihoyo, and official CVs are involved in many of the pieces.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

tpg0007 posted:

If no one else has shared this, the unofficial fan creation stream hosted on Bilibili: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1df4y1w7Z1.

Content creators are sponsored by Mihoyo, and official CVs are involved in many of the pieces.

Four hundred thousand times more Keqing content than exists in game.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

x1o posted:

So loving tedious. Worst is when you see some, change your team to fight them, but then a second wave turns up, and surprise, although you had the right combination of elements to clown the first wave, you didnt psychically know which elemental shields the second wave would have, and now you have to spend forever and a loving day doing chip damage through a shield (or forever minus 2 days breaking the shield down with a claymore). Plus, I always, ALWAYS think that I need water to burst the electro hammer guys shield down, when in fact its ice I need. Because famously ice and electricity dont mix, whereas water and electricity are just loving dandy-oh together. Tell me it wouldnt make more sense to break down the fire rifle guys shield with ice and the electro hammer guy with water. Because gently caress me if I had a dollar for every time I've ran xingqui up to an electro hammer guy and used his elemental skill to zero effect....

The fatui shields should have two weaknesses each, even if its "super weak to water, a bit weak to ice" or whatever. The rock paper scissors approach isnt fun when there are 5 possible options and I can only have 4 of them in my team for any given encounter. They arent hard to survive against, but they are a loving chore to beat down. Oh, and personally I think that any enemies that heal themselves or each other is frankly piss poor game design. Bad enough you are doing chip damage, but then you realise that in 2 shots the hydro gunner has healed the last 5 minutes of chip damage? Thats just really dispiriting and doesnt exactly encourage me to keep engaging instead of turning the game off and putting something else on. Same basic reason that if I dont happen to have a levelled archer in my current party (and i'm on playstation so I rarely do because I dont like the bow controls) I dont even bother engaging the hydro phantom things. Sure I'm wanting more of their cores to level Aloy, but I'll just peace out and find some geo or anemo ones to fight instead, its less of a chore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry, I only have things from not reddit:

https://twitter.com/DDARI23/status/1438504360934195203?s=20

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554984861748822016/890945716703359016/JHgOcnN14g_CQmCS.mp4

Dramatika posted:

So if I have Baal and Yoimiya and want to make them work, how is everyone else finishing out that comp? Bennett and Diona maybe? Bennett and Beidou? I'm guessing a shielder is the way to go, and the electro resonance would help energy costs as well. I have all 4-stars, and Jean, Zhongli, Venti, Childe, Xiao, Keqing, Qiqi, Klee, and Diluc.

I realize the answer is probably Zhongli, but Zhongli and Jean are permanently attached at the hip to Xiao.

Zhongli works with everyone but I've heard that people have been having great success with Xiangling and Baal on a team. I can't remember the entire team off the top of my head though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Raiden National, being Raiden, Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

kater posted:

Four hundred thousand times more Keqing content than exists in game.

Yeah, while I'm working through the story this surprised me. She was one of the characters I was vaguely aware of as popular from this game but she gets like two appearances. Pretty decent speech, but it was like 5 lines.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Redmark posted:

Yeah, while I'm working through the story this surprised me. She was one of the characters I was vaguely aware of as popular from this game but she gets like two appearances. Pretty decent speech, but it was like 5 lines.
Keqing is the Liyue version of Powerful Woman Who Works Too Hard And Doesn't Get Out Much, an archetype which apparently has to be in every nation.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kater posted:

I’m using amber currently too except I didn’t put gear on her and she exists to pop shields with burst.

Also her charge attack does as much shield dmg as Yoi’s charge + 3 fireworks. Another part of dumb yoi poo poo.

this is more a quirk of Amber than anything, Amber's Charge shot does 2 gauge pyro application, the only archer who has a 2 gauge application on CA. Everyone else does 1 gauge on their charge shot hit, though Yoimiya can apply 1 more pyro gauge if she has at least 1 firework charged, and Ganyu's Frostflake arrow has no ICD between applications, making it 2 hits of 1 cryo gauge each.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Incoherence posted:

Keqing is the Liyue version of Powerful Woman Who Works Too Hard And Doesn't Get Out Much, an archetype which apparently has to be in every nation.

Except Liyue has at least three off the top of my head.

I'm pretty over the archetype at this point. But then again, I'm mostly about male characters anyways.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

cant wait to go to sumeru and meet all the female scholars with the medium height model that study too hard and just need to learn to take a break

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I think its already confirmed all the Sumeru scholars who study too hard and never take a break have gone insane which is why Lisa got the gently caress out of dodge

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
The Neko quest series is SO drat GOOD. It's ridiculously better written than the main Inazuma plot line.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I keep imagining how many traffic accidents would happen if a corner led billboard like was in the US...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiKO9bkv_Xg

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I haven't played in forever and I have no idea what I'm doing with my team right now. I had apparently been using Razor(C2), Xiangling(C1), Fischl(C0), and Bennett(C0). But there's also Zhongli, Ningguang, and Chongyun C1s that I semi-invested into and just pulled a Xingqiu. Any help? Apparently Zhongli is good now?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
e

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

this is more a quirk of Amber than anything, Amber's Charge shot does 2 gauge pyro application, the only archer who has a 2 gauge application on CA. Everyone else does 1 gauge on their charge shot hit, though Yoimiya can apply 1 more pyro gauge if she has at least 1 firework charged, and Ganyu's Frostflake arrow has no ICD between applications, making it 2 hits of 1 cryo gauge each.

i guess Amber is great because while maybe there's some characters that can one cycle all the droplets from Hydro cube, Yoimiya can't, Raiden can't, and Kokomi sure can't but Amber can!

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

acumen posted:

I haven't played in forever and I have no idea what I'm doing with my team right now. I had apparently been using Razor(C2), Xiangling(C1), Fischl(C0), and Bennett(C0). But there's also Zhongli, Ningguang, and Chongyun C1s that I semi-invested into and just pulled a Xingqiu. Any help? Apparently Zhongli is good now?

Zhongli is probably in the best three supports in the game (the other two are Bennet and Xingqui, who are somehow more busted but don't just let you ignore stupid amounts of damage)

His shield is beefy AF, and pretty much lets you ignore game mechanics, and it also double as a resistance shred.

Xingqui is just a ridiculous damage multiplier - you have the bones of one of the super meta teams with Xiangling, Xingqui, Chongyun, and Bennett - look up CN national team. To be honest though, Bennett, Zhongli, and Xingqui can make pretty much any DPS unit stupid good.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hi Abyss 11 sucks rear end, guess I'm skipping clearing it this cycle.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

acumen posted:

If you're using Razor, you need to team him up with a cryo character. Cryo + electro causes the superconduct debuff which reduces enemy resistance to physical attacks, and Razor is all about dealing physical damage. You can't make him work with Chongyun, though, because Chongyun will convert all that physical damage into cryo damage instead. Kaeya works fine as a Razor battle buddy. I would round out that team with Fischl and Barbara.

Zhongli and Ninguang are a power couple now that geo resonance is buffed. Zhongli keeps the shield up while Ninguiang throws rocks. Xiangling and Bennet can hang out with them, adding pyro resonance, healing, and off-field damage.

Xiangling, Bennet, and Xingqui are the keys members of the 'National Team', which can take on anything. The fourth member of that team is flexible. It could be Fischl, Chongyun, or Zhongli. With this team, you don't really have a main DPS, you just go through your characters and throw out all their abilities, then let them all deal damage at the same time, preferably while Bennet's burst is active. You can try to figure out an optimal skill rotation, or just mash every button you have at your disposal, it will work out just fine.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 26, 2021

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

SiKboy posted:

So loving tedious. Worst is when you see some, change your team to fight them, but then a second wave turns up, and surprise, although you had the right combination of elements to clown the first wave, you didnt psychically know which elemental shields the second wave would have, and now you have to spend forever and a loving day doing chip damage through a shield (or forever minus 2 days breaking the shield down with a claymore). Plus, I always, ALWAYS think that I need water to burst the electro hammer guys shield down, when in fact its ice I need. Because famously ice and electricity dont mix, whereas water and electricity are just loving dandy-oh together. Tell me it wouldnt make more sense to break down the fire rifle guys shield with ice and the electro hammer guy with water. Because gently caress me if I had a dollar for every time I've ran xingqui up to an electro hammer guy and used his elemental skill to zero effect....

The fatui shields should have two weaknesses each, even if its "super weak to water, a bit weak to ice" or whatever. The rock paper scissors approach isnt fun when there are 5 possible options and I can only have 4 of them in my team for any given encounter. They arent hard to survive against, but they are a loving chore to beat down. Oh, and personally I think that any enemies that heal themselves or each other is frankly piss poor game design. Bad enough you are doing chip damage, but then you realise that in 2 shots the hydro gunner has healed the last 5 minutes of chip damage? Thats just really dispiriting and doesnt exactly encourage me to keep engaging instead of turning the game off and putting something else on. Same basic reason that if I dont happen to have a levelled archer in my current party (and i'm on playstation so I rarely do because I dont like the bow controls) I dont even bother engaging the hydro phantom things. Sure I'm wanting more of their cores to level Aloy, but I'll just peace out and find some geo or anemo ones to fight instead, its less of a chore.

you could do a cryo/hydro/pyro/electro team, just make sure one character has a claymore for the geo shields

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kater posted:

i guess Amber is great because while maybe there's some characters that can one cycle all the droplets from Hydro cube, Yoimiya can't, Raiden can't, and Kokomi sure can't but Amber can!

i mean i did hydro cube's droplets with anemo and bennett E but sure

SiKboy posted:

the fatui soldiers are all pretty predictable and there's definitely ways to play around not having the counter element. First off, remembering the elements isn't hard, since Pyro is the strong side reaction on Cryo, and Hydro is the strong side reaction on Pyro, so those two should come naturally. Then all you have to remember is Cryo > Electro, and Electro > Hydro, and you're set. As for dealing with the ones that you don't have a counter element for... well, they don't activate their shields right away. You can just go in and kill the ones you can't shield-break first. Also, the only Fatui that can heal are the Hydrogunners, who should usually be your priority (especially if you're not running an electro).

So to deal with the fatui, kill the Hydrogunners first, then get as much damage in as possible on the fatui you do not currently have an elemental counter for, before the shields come up. A little bit of planning will save you a lot of grief later. Or as the flawless genius strategist Kokomi would say, "to survive bullshit mechanics, you must prepare for bullshit mechanics", or something like that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raiden obliterates Hydro gunner shields, and it's a crime that she's not able to do the same to Abyss Mages.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just use your all-electro team to kill them all before they shield.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

i mean i did hydro cube's droplets with anemo and bennett E but sure

Pfft listen to ol ‘you can use Bennett instead of Amber over here’.

What are the numbers on anemo? I assume you mean Sucrose and not the other dorks?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Anemo should deal like half a U, or one quarter of Amber.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
As far as I know Hydro Abyss mages are weird and not even all that vulnerable to electro in general, so even if the shogun skill worked on them, it wouldn't really help that much.
I think you're supposed to use cryo on them primarily, but I can't say I've looked too closely at the math.

Same with Abyss Heralds, just different types of shielding asking for different answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hydro abyss mages are vulnerable to cryo, yes. Originally it was an elemental triangle (pyro->cryo->hydro->pyro) and electro was outside it entirely. Now they've added electro mages and I don't know what they're vulnerable to but it sure as heck isn't electro, continuing to ensure that electro isn't good against anything and generally the worst element, as god intended.