Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
so that's what the gently caress pupkin even is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moral of the story:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

We've got another ten years of this to come right.

Can we either stop or all time travel to the end?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan: Beach Edition

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hexyflexy posted:

Pupkin is a treasure. :colbert:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Helmet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Is this the first Heathcliff where Heathcliff himself is speaking?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't dislike Catloaf or anything. I just wonder why it exists. It's not even as sweet as that one pink mouse now that her story's done. It's just bland. Like bad bread. What was the artist going through to create something so impossibly baby-food bland? It must have had a purpose for them. I hope they're okay.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hexyflexy posted:

There are only 9 more weeks of the main pupkin storyline :smith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Then we have the Pupkin Extended Universe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

eating only apples posted:

I don't dislike Catloaf or anything. I just wonder why it exists. It's not even as sweet as that one pink mouse now that her story's done. It's just bland. Like bad bread. What was the artist going through to create something so impossibly baby-food bland? It must have had a purpose for them. I hope they're okay.

Maybe I lied, maybe the pink mousse will return. Only one way to know for sure.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

There are only 9 more weeks of the main pupkin storyline :smith:

The thing that you're referring to as not being part of the main Pupkin storyline is definitely part of it. The interlude might distract you, but have a look at the last line in webcomic Pupkin, and then what it becomes.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Sep 26, 2021

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Hirayuki posted:

Is this the first Heathcliff where Heathcliff himself is speaking?

hate to break it to you

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The thing that you're referring to as not being part of the main Pupkin storyline is definitely part of it. The interlude might distract you, but have a look at the last line in webcomic Pupkin, and then what it becomes.

I haven't actually read ahead (ok I've peeked here and there, but I haven't read it all)

I plan to keep posting as long as the "Next Comic" button keeps working :toot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

fun fact: this chapter has a separate colorist (though the main creator still did the final shading and lighting filters)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

eating only apples posted:

Would you say it was like the most banal comic possible? Mildly enjoyable without being offensive? Has its moments but overall nothing going on? Like it's striving to be the most whi-*a huge shepherds crook pulls me off backstage*

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Can someone give me a list of who has been posting what webcomics so I can edit “posts by this user” links into the OP at some point soon?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
some 'grown up calvin' energy emanating from this one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Koburn posted:

some 'grown up calvin' energy emanating from this one.

It's literally literally just the ending to St. Elsewhere.

e: But I guess when all you've ever read is loving Calvin & Hobbes or some other garfield...

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Helmet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

tune

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's literally literally just the ending to St. Elsewhere.

e: But I guess when all you've ever read is loving Calvin & Hobbes or some other garfield...

You're literally literally a snob. C&H had a far greater cultural impact than St.Elsewhere.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Koburn posted:

You're literally literally a snob. C&H had a far greater cultural impact than St.Elsewhere.

Mega-:can:

e: For those of you who really only ever have seen Boss Baby:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Sep 26, 2021

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Leave it to a goon to think that "fan theory that became a bit of an inside joke" is the pinnacle of culture.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

Leave it to a goon to think that "fan theory that became a bit of an inside joke" is the pinnacle of culture.

OK I'll leave it to a goon?

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Which metroid game map is this?

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Can someone give me a list of who has been posting what webcomics so I can edit “posts by this user” links into the OP at some point soon?

Raine Dog starts here. :thumbsup:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #140: Chairs of battle

======================

Hitmen for Destiny #141: Ropes of constraint

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wow cool it's that thing my grandparents talked about

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Wow cool it's that thing my grandparents talked about

your parents talked about crazy finnish people on the internet?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Koburn posted:

tbf I've never seen St. Elsewhere, but the first thing that comic brought to mind was "oh it's like that one show, with the ending with the autistic kid"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmao this thread has some of the pissiest goons holy poo poo y'all are mean

also yeah St. Elsewhere ended in the 80s and the whole big diagram was Dwayne MacDuffie (rip) doing a thought exercise to show early internet fandom in the 90s "Yes it's fun to play continuity and shared universe games, but you need to learn when it's a net negative on the creative process. Like look, if you carry just this tiny corner of TV pop culture to its logical conclusion you end up with a frightening mess."

Thanks to MacDuffie the ending has gotten way more sustained memory than it probably otherwise would have.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah, like, enough that a comic that was a direct reference to it was even posted ITT!

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*obama voice* uh, let me clear, the snob comment was regarding the "but I guess when all you've ever read is loving c&h or garfield" line. I do in fact now realize the fosters comic was based on st. elsewhere.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not valuing Calvin & Hobbes doesn't make me a snob, it makes me an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But you value a TV show from the eighties that people only remember for how bad the ending was? Do you feel that way about all comics? Why are you posting in this thread exactly?