Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I think it's just he's back from paternity leave, no way am I looking at his Twitter to find out.

Observer:

"The Tory cabinet of mediocrities – They all seem to be making it up as they go along, from immigration to social care"

Sunday Telegraph:

Tax! :derp:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Emma Raducanu: British 18-year-old makes tennis history with US Open final win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity, as we occasionally should, to say that I do really enjoy this thread, consider it a staple of my daily routine, and appreciate the absolute tirelessness with which Cloud Potato updates it.

But with that in mind:

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Tax! :derp:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFUCKOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'd like to take this opportunity, as we occasionally should, to say that I do really enjoy this thread, consider it a staple of my daily routine, and appreciate the absolute tirelessness with which Cloud Potato updates it.

Thank you so much for the kind words. :yaycloud:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Yeah, much appreciation for this thread, Cloud Potato. :worship:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Joining in this moment of cloud potato appreciation and love, really do appreciate the work you do here :)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I concur.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:same:

He visits the daily express so that we don't have to :zpatriot:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm seeing a Patel/Osbourne hybrid in this and it's terrifying.

e: I'd also like to express my fondness for that particular poster's work.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

good heavens i smirked at a mac cartoon

what a terrible sign

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:yayclod: Thank you, everyone, for the outpouring of support. It's nice to know my efforts here are appreciated.

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Jeff Bezos’s quest for immortality – The Amazon founder has reportedly made sizeable investment in a startup that hopes to prolong human life"

Telegraph:

Emma Raducanu: US Open winner could become Britain’s first billion-dollar sport star

Independent:

Times:

Tory MPs fear return of Covid vaccine passports plan in England

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Thérèse Coffey and the universal credit cut – The work and pensions secretary has been accused of not understanding the system after she said people would only have to work two hours extra to make up the £20 a week they were losing"

Telegraph:

Bring in measures soon or risk 7,000 daily Covid cases, Sage warns

Matt:

Vaccinating teenagers against Covid is priority, says UK epidemiologist

Independent:

Times:

Prince Andrew not properly served with lawsuit, lawyers argue

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britain's bright new star

David Squires:

Bonus! David Squires on Michael K Williams.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson at the Met Gala — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’ dress at her first Met Gala appearance made her message loud and clear: ‘Tax the Rich’. The British PM’s version might be a little different"

Telegraph:

Spectre of winter lockdown returns as Boris Johnson puts the public on alert

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Liz Truss takes over as foreign secretary after Dominic Raab demoted; ‘Halo saved my life,’ says Lewis Hamilton after Verstappen crash at Italian GP

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Andrew feeling the heat

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If lockdown was anywhere near what Blower thought it was like then it would have only needed to last for 2 weeks in spring and 2 in autumn.

Also Prince Andrew is a sex criminal, bantz

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
blower doesn't wash his hands eh

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s winter coronavirus plan – Prime minister has unveiled two-step plan to help NHS cope throughout autumn and winter"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Liz Truss takes over as foreign secretary after Dominic Raab demoted

Independent:

Who is on the move in Boris Johnson’s cabinet reshuffle?

Times:

Evening Standard:

SpaceX launches world’s first ‘amateur astronaut’ crew to orbit Earth

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... soft-touch policing
'Just let us know if there's anything you need': Woke cops pander to eco-mob blocking M25 AGAIN and take two hours to move them on but grapple with fuming motorists as woman is seriously injured in crash. MPs call for tougher sentences

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Are they really on holiday if they're at the Hotel Taliban, Matt? Is it like a busman's holiday?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The tree trunk appears vertical and symmetric, it should fall toward him and away from the sign.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Once again Paul gets it wrong. XR are police, insulate Britain are a insulation firm.

Edit: also once again two people per car, van, and Lorry in a Paul cartoon which everyone knows is bollocks.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Aukus military pact — The US, UK and Australia are setting up a trilateral security partnership aimed at confronting China, which will include helping Australia to build nuclear-powered submarines"

Telegraph:

The curious Covid paradox that is stopping ministers from encouraging us back to work

Matt:

Dozens arrested after protests bring M25 traffic to a halt again

Independent:

Times:

‘That fella down under’: Joe Biden forgets Scott Morrison’s name during historic pact announcement

Evening Standard:

Ministers to cut ‘red list’ countries by up to half to simplify England’s travel rules

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a seafaring alliance

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a planned review of laws deriving from the EU – David Frost, the minister for EU relations, has promised a bonfire of rules and laws from Europe, including an end to the ban on imperial measures"

Telegraph:

Turkey and Pakistan among eight countries removed from red list

Matt:

Independent:

After Hyacinthe Rigaud.

The i paper:

Pounds and ounces return in victory for metric martyrs

Times:

Sir Clive Sinclair obituary

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

The Saturday magazine supplement where his strip is published is changing next weekend, here's a short thread about it:
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1439138009719484423

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"All aboard Boris Johnson’s lying bus – After his reshuffle, the prime minister and his cabinet head for the sunlit uplands"

Sunday Telegraph:

French recall of ambassadors indicates extent of anger over Aukus rift

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Chairman of Prince Charles's charity QUITS over cash for access storm: Head of Prince's Foundation resigns and another senior executive stands down 'after it accepted £100,000 gift from Russian banker'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson and Cop26 – Prime minister says UK will join US-EU methane pledge"

Telegraph:

UK-France defence summit cancelled in Aukus row; After the Beatles et al.

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Kwarteng to hold emergency meeting with gas chiefs over price crisis; Northern line extension: Two new Tube stations open

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Yeah that better be with apologies, Blower you loving hack

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on the UK energy crisis – Soaring energy costs have put five small firms out of business in recent weeks with suppliers likening recent events to the 2008 financial crisis" After George Grosz.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Meeting Cop26 finance goals ‘going to be tough’, says Boris Johnson

Evening Standard:

Johnson hails lifting of US travel ban but says trade deal progress unlikely

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our ghost GPs

No Squires this week, but they did put out an article going over some of his favourites.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the state of life in Britain – No 10 has been warned that hundreds of thousands of people face a ‘very, very difficult’ winter thanks to rising household costs, the pandemic, supply chain issues and the cut to universal credit"

Telegraph:

Biden promises end to ‘relentless war’ and start of ‘relentless diplomacy’; The Great British Bake Off 2021 review – joyous TV that shows no signs of staleness

Matt:

UK ministers reach deal on CO2 production to ease food supply fears

Independent:

Britain’s hopes of early post-Brexit trade deal with US appear dashed

Times:

US-UK ‘special relationship’ faces new challenges despite signs of healing

Evening Standard:

UK pins hope on joining US-Mexico-Canada trade pact

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... face-to-face meetings

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the energy crisis and M25 injunction – As the energy crisis continues, the high court granted an injunction requested by Grant Shapps and Priti Patel against M25 protesters"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

'It's easy being green': Johnson disputes Kermit the Frog in climate crisis speech

Mail:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is BoB a climate change denier too then?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's a full spectrum oval office.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer’s vision for Labour – Keir Starmer has set Labour on a decisive course toward the centre ground in a 35-page statement of intent that emphasises the values of hard work, contributing to society and partnership with the private sector"
Bonus! The sorrowful dominatrix: cartoonists Steve Bell and Martin Rowson on drawing Angela Merkel

Telegraph:

Insulate Britain climate activists block port of Dover

Matt:

BP closes some petrol stations amid HGV driver shortage

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... superheroes

‘Batters’: Laws of cricket to be amended by MCC to use gender neutral term

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh no, the sport term changed to the preferred modern one instead of the antiquated term on paper. Go finger spin a Chinaman's dink Paul.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

For some reason, I find "Sir Kar Boardbox" very funny.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I like the part where Paul accidentally sent up a sign for Batman and Batgirl, and has given Batman a skills based competition.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories’ immigration hokey-cokey – Tory ministers’ determination to maintain a hard line on post-Brexit immigration has come under pressure as labour shortages begin to bite"

Telegraph:

Panic buying rather than shortages causing queues at UK petrol stations, AA head says; Keir Starmer still ‘in discussions’ on Labour leadership rule changes

Matt:

UK cabinet split over solution to lorry driver shortage

Independent:

After James Clarke Hook.

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the fuel crisis

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The looming winter of discontent – Fuel poverty, cuts to universal credit… so much for good King Wenceslas"

Sunday Telegraph:

Grant Shapps hits out at ‘manufactured’ crisis as drivers panic-buy fuel

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Keir Starmer in crucial vote on Sunday as left opposes plan to fight antisemitism

Mail on Sunday (I think):

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's... an interesting art style.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We can't stop here, this is Mac country!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's definitely one I recognise from somewhere.

fake edit - If that's Michael Heath, he's 86 in a few weeks. Perfect age for a Mail cartoonist.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That Matt is actually pretty good, so fair play to him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings: limited utilities – Gas prices, anger over the universal credit cut and fuel shortages have contributed to a torrid week for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Haulage group says Grant Shapps is ‘ridiculous’ to blame it for petrol panic

Independent:

Emergency visas won’t tempt European lorry drivers to UK, say haulage chiefs

Times:

Angela Rayner stands by labelling of Tories as ‘scum’

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It seems an odd choice to draw Rayner in the Tory Power Stance. Does she do it too?