Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zombie Lemur posted:

That's what I thought too, but apparently Lambert did the same shtick in Impact so who knows?

his schtick on Impact was more like "YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELVES REAL WRESTLING FANS, WELL MR REAL WRESTLING FANS WHEN DID RIC FLAIR WIN THE NWA US TITLE FOR THE FIRST TIME? THATS RIGHT YOU DON'T KNOW. WHICH ONE OF THESE AWA TAG TITLES IS HAWK'S AND WHICH ONE IS ANIMAL'S? I BET YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE A REAL WRESTLING FAN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, I keep hoping he does the "i collect vintage wrestling belts" promo, but it doesn't actually fit the stuff he is doing.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Well now I kind of want to see him do that too. Not enough to go back and watch Impact but still.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So apparently Cornette's usual awful art guy got covid and is out for a while, so Jimmy's brought in some replacements until he gets better. I don't want to say the new artists are good or anything but...

...a couple of them are pretty okay. Definitely an upgrade over the past guy.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

thinking about the hot tub

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Honestly that feels pretty avatar worthy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, I keep hoping he does the "i collect vintage wrestling belts" promo, but it doesn't actually fit the stuff he is doing.

That's how the whole storyline gets blown off not with a match but with a babyface putting pictures of his belt collection on the screen and Lambert's pants falling down.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to Corny tell the Boogeyman story.

I forgot it involves Corny making GBS threads his pants lol.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

algebra testes posted:

Listening to Corny tell the Boogeyman story.

I forgot it involves Corny making GBS threads his pants lol.

he slapped Santino with lovely drawers?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

That's how the whole storyline gets blown off not with a match but with a babyface putting pictures of his belt collection on the screen and Lambert's pants falling down.

They just take him on a toy shopping trip on a vlog and then the angle is never mentioned again

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

coconono posted:

he slapped Santino with lovely drawers?

Yeah he was downing Sprite all day and when he got up and yelled for everyone to move he poo poo himself.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Critical posted:

Yeah he was downing Sprite all day and when he got up and yelled for everyone to move he poo poo himself.

lol jim cornette rulez

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/1442148778266480644?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Someone ask what it pays.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

there's a joke about drawing money in there somewhere

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hold on, going to fire up ms paint and draw a picture of a dime

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Someone ask what it pays.

"We'll throw money at the ceiling and whatever sticks you can keep! HA HA! But seriously in exposure."

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
He drank six thousand Sprites, never paid me a dime.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Alaois posted:

his schtick on Impact was more like "YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELVES REAL WRESTLING FANS, WELL MR REAL WRESTLING FANS WHEN DID RIC FLAIR WIN THE NWA US TITLE FOR THE FIRST TIME? THATS RIGHT YOU DON'T KNOW. WHICH ONE OF THESE AWA TAG TITLES IS HAWK'S AND WHICH ONE IS ANIMAL'S? I BET YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE A REAL WRESTLING FAN"

one of my favorite gimmicks of the past five years. hysterical

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
good thumbnails, praising AEW, what in the world is happening

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's trying to get a job

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Nah, I mean yeah, but if he was REALLY 100% rear end kissing, he'd have praised the Bucks stuff. He's always liked slow paced, in the ring story-telling 'legitimate' catch wrestling and strike based pro wrestling. As he says, this was a Danielson focused match and Omega's wrestling skills (though he only calls them ATHLETIC) complimented what he liked

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I suspect that it's finally gotten through to Cornette that Tony Khan keeps saying how much he learned from Cornette and how much he looked up to him. That combined with AEW signing guys Cornette genuinely likes, particularly the ones who are leaving WWE for AEW, seems to have him hedging his bets and tipping the needle in the direction of saying some positive things about AEW. (and if he thinks it gives him a shot at a job, all the better for him; if he really wants one later, he can always adjust his bullshit further)

I also secretly suspect that the hardcore anti-AEWers do not make up as much of Cornette's fanbase as it seemed, and he's trying to make sure the others don't drift away.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Employing Cornette in any capacity would be Tony Khan's first obvious major mistake.

The antipathy to Cornette runs deep at all levels of the card, and is especially concentrated in that original batch of wrestlers the company built itself on.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

hold on, going to fire up ms paint and draw a picture of a dime
lmao

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

so cornette talked a bit about chris kanyon after dsotr and had only nice things to say and also said wwf/e would absolutely give him a stereotypical gay gimmick just to gently caress with him and he was always good in the ring, so i guess that puts him above cena now lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

People also keep sending him Danhausen cameos, and shockingly, Cornette actually likes Danhausen (though he's said he'll never watch one of matches so it doesn't change his perception of him)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Cornette is on the list of people I never want to see in AEW alongside Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett and Russo. (Not a comprehensive list)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Bischoff's AEW cameos have been mostly fine, at least.

Keep the others as far away as possible though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't even imagine Hogan in AEW. He would be so out of place

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Cornette is on the list of people I never want to see in AEW alongside Bischoff,

oop

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I can't even imagine Hogan in AEW. He would be so out of place

Put Hogan in with 2.0, see if he can hang

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd watch 2 hours of Darby coffin dropping on Hogan's hip.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Immobile Hulk Hogan in AEW would consist of him demanding programs with Wardlow and Powerhouse Hobbs (where he'd have to go over, because it's what the Hulkamanics would want), and a storyline where he mentors Luchasaurus, who reveals himself to have been a young Hulkamaniac, and needs the guidance of Hulk Hogan to reach his true potential.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Hogan is explicitly banned for life from even attending an AEW show.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i can handle hulk hogan in aew, but not terry bollea

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hogan is explicitly banned for life from even attending an AEW show.

Isnt linda banned too? I vaguely remember this

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hogan vs Orange Cassidy where every match looks like the HBK Oversellous match would be fun. But I’d rather Hogan not get any of Billionaire Tony’s money.

Bischoff probably makes the most sense as a performer but after TNA and all his other sleazy ventures with Hogan, I’d rather not see him given the choice.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Allow me to reiterate, Eric Bischoff has made several appearances on AEW programming, mostly to troll Chris Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
If Cornette made a genuine, heart felt apology, especially to Omega and the Young Bucks, and backed up that apology with good behavior unlike say a Hogan or other figure, I'd be happy to see him on AEW if he wasn't a booker or doing backstage thing and a heel manager to FTR or Danielson or doing Dark or Rampage commentary.

I just don't think he would ever do so,