Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

shame theres no commnets on this page i'd like to see what happens when sports and car cultures smash together like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

shame theres no commnets on this page i'd like to see what happens when sports and car cultures smash together like this

Following Knapp's death, the Jets announced players will wear a sticker on their helmets featuring Knapp's initials throughout the 2021 NFL season.

Chef's kiss lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Vomik posted:

what’s the point of high speed rail between cities if the cities have poo poo internal public transit?

the ne corridor already exists and only NY makes it easy to get to subway lines and get elsewhere. otherwise you roll into philly 30th st and then just take taxis or Ubers so you’re not preventing any city congestion

this is indeed a problem and the technical school term for it is 'last mile connectivity'

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Vomik posted:

what’s the point of high speed rail between cities if the cities have poo poo internal public transit?

the ne corridor already exists and only NY makes it easy to get to subway lines and get elsewhere. otherwise you roll into philly 30th st and then just take taxis or Ubers so you’re not preventing any city congestion

I was gonna post the same thing but then I realized that's also true for airports. High speed rail terminals in the US would need big rental car agencies on site to be practical for business travellers.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

thank you for the link, i wanted to pay my respects and also buy a $75 jets polo shirt

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

actionjackson posted:

thank you for the link, i wanted to pay my respects and also buy a $75 jets polo shirt

but you repeat yourself?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i googled futuristic train station and now i am going to post some of the photos that came up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol here is a story from where i live, a 16 year old driver in a pickup was so enraged by seeing cyclists that he rolled coal at them and then ran four of them over: https://www.fox26houston.com/news/pickup-truck-runs-over-6-cyclists-in-waller-county-4-people-hospitalized

quote:

The driver of the pickup truck has been identified as a 16-year-old boy. According to Ferrell, the teen stayed at the scene and met with police after hitting the cyclists.

[...]

As of Saturday evening, the driver of the pickup truck had not been arrested.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

lobster shirt posted:

lol here is a story from where i live, a 16 year old driver in a pickup was so enraged by seeing cyclists that he rolled coal at them and then ran four of them over: https://www.fox26houston.com/news/pickup-truck-runs-over-6-cyclists-in-waller-county-4-people-hospitalized

What the fuuuuuuuck

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

america is such an embarrassing demon cracker nation in squalor, seriously we are a third world shithole

this is the envy right here

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I also love regulations that are trivially easy for the wealthy to ignore

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Boywhiz88 posted:

What the fuuuuuuuck

Our current society believes it's ok to kill people with a car if those people annoy you. We need to destroy cars before they destroy us.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:awesome:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Looking forward to posting in the 'i hate giant hands from out of the earth' thread after 1974

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

on one hand this is regressive as gently caress. on the other :getin:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

that 16 year old will never be able to drive his truck again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a.lo posted:

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Detroit

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

indigi posted:

if you think about it, a functional and widespread public transit system is a massive subsidy from the taxpayers to wealthy corporations who benefit and profit the most from the enhanced mobility of the worker population.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

on one hand this is regressive as gently caress. on the other :getin:

tbh I don't give a gently caress if it makes life better for all of us

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

indigi posted:

There are regulations that aren't trivially easy for the wealthy to ignore?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a.lo posted:

he should get the death penalty

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that 16 year old will be driving their truck within a week lol

it's literally not a crime to kill someone if you did it with a car and the victim wasn't in one

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

the jetsons were wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHr7aNxVV2E

i think there was an episode where they visit the surface world and it was filled with stupid poor people, but i can't find it. i might have to watch the entire series from beginning to end again

:sigh:

vyelkin posted:

i googled futuristic train station and now i am going to post some of the photos that came up

celebrity architects are using the same software as shoe designers, that's all it is

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just witnessed racism right there

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

to be fair, the jetsons could have never anticipated the off-shoring of labor that would have handled all labor questions in the hanna-barbara metaverse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a methhead tried to enter my passenger side tonight as i was leaving work and i almost ran him over escaping

my first thought was to pay penance to this thread

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fuckfuckjfuckcf

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have to jaywalk across the same little in-town street several times a day because there's a mile between the lights/crosswalks and my destination is directly across the street, but anyway, today I watched a big chemical truck nearly flatten the car in front of it right next to me, and then later an F150 road-raged into oncoming traffic so that he could get in front of the car he'd been behind. He then stopped completely and got out to yell at the driver of the car. Both of these were right before/after I crossed on foot.

On the same street a month ago two drivers demolished two telephone poles in the span of a week, in addition to the car that drove directly into my neighbor's living room. The speed limit is 35!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have to jaywalk across the same little in-town street several times a day because there's a mile between the lights/crosswalks and my destination is directly across the street, but anyway, today I watched a big chemical truck nearly flatten the car in front of it right next to me, and then later an F150 road-raged into oncoming traffic so that he could get in front of the car he'd been behind. He then stopped completely and got out to yell at the driver of the car. Both of these were right before/after I crossed on foot.

On the same street a month ago two drivers demolished two telephone poles in the span of a week, in addition to the car that drove directly into my neighbor's living room. The speed limit is 35!

These bicyclists can't keep getting away with this...

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

A car stopped right infront of the little dip in the curb on my walk minorly inconveniencing me but pissing off the person in the mobility scooter beside me majorly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
after six months of dealing with city traffic for the first time in my life, i am okay with sending every person that has ever driven on a highway with more than two lanes to the gulag to build trains and and lay rail, as hard labor penance for their actions

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

speed limit 65, center lane driver going between 45 and 60 because they're scared of the cruise control button, f 150 extended cab going 90 to pass them in the right lane, and a small honda civic going 65 in the left lane

every day twice a day love driving it love the highway love the fumes snd most of all love the car

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
passing in the right lane is praxis

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ever notice that people say you are "driving" them crazy? really makes you think

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Xaris posted:

lanes, like the concepts of "race" and "nations", are an ideological construct devised b ythe bourgeoise to oppress the commoner, and i urge all true leftists to completely and totally ignore them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Xaris posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lanes, like the concepts of "race" and "nations", are an ideological construct devised b ythe bourgeoise to oppress the commoner, and i urge all true leftists to completely and totally ignore them

hell yeah. this. lanes are just an expression of authoritarianism

for example, the right lane is often the fastest to drive on, and most reliable to pass with, whereas everyone else is stuck going 45 in the left lane. why is that? simple, elites have told you be fearful of newcomers, and have told the proles to go slow so they can go fast. i say rise up and take back the right lane.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Sep 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

passing on the right means reduced driver visibility and more crashes

on the other hand this means less cars so who can say if it's good or bad