Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What the hell is she doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Looked like he was putting in some airpods for a second there

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I didn't know that restaurant was on the adult tour.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I didn't know that restaurant was on the adult tour.

you've heard of "breastraunts," here's a "horsecockstraunt."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlaahv4gWH8

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good morning

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/morganmpage/status/1428689853856813056?s=20

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Aw, hey, I watched this episode for the first time in twenty years the other night, good times. For some reason most of DS9 I never caught in reruns the way I did other Star Treks.

That's not Will, that's the transporter clone, who apparently just had to have fake sideburns in order to pass as the real Will Riker, no one would have believed it was him otherwise????

Last night I watched a two-parter where everyone got sent to the far-off dystopian hellworld of 2024 and I died a little inside, though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

Aw, hey, I watched this episode for the first time in twenty years the other night, good times. For some reason most of DS9 I never caught in reruns the way I did other Star Treks.

That's not Will, that's the transporter clone, who apparently just had to have fake sideburns in order to pass as the real Will Riker, no one would have believed it was him otherwise????

Last night I watched a two-parter where everyone got sent to the far-off dystopian hellworld of 2024 and I died a little inside, though.

Man it's really disturbing how accurate that timeline is, except the reality is actually worse in almost every way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:ohdear:
watch out wesley thats a fake beard, it's Thomas Riker!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Man it's really disturbing how accurate that timeline is, except the reality is actually worse in almost every way

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

The Bloop posted:

...our reality actually being worse had not occurred to me before. I haven't thought about that episode I'm a while though.

Dang that's grim.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This entire (dead authors) podcast is really really great and funny, Paul F. Tompkins is hilarious and has funny friends.

Way behind on this, but you havent lived until youve heard Matt Gourley’s Ian Fleming. Hunt down the superego commentary for “Man With The Golden Gun.

Cornjob has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Sep 26, 2021

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Move zig move zig move zig

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Ball two!

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/beyondreasdoubt/status/1441580568286830595?s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
(Rodney Dangerfield voice) Enhance my wife, please!!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RoboRodent posted:

Super weird, we also just watched that episode like 2 weeks ago. My wife had never seen DS9 and we've been watching our way through it.

I thought it was really cool that they picked up that plot thread and brought him back, as it never made sense to me that he would just never be heard of again. They also just brought that back as a plot point in Lower Decks at the start of this season.

EDIT: I'll take the 2024 dystopia over the time they went back to 90s California on Voyager and met Sarah Silverman , though.

BaronVonVaderham has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Sep 26, 2021

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, who knew? All that dystopian fiction was actually too optimistic.

Time to look into how authors thought things would be 30 years from now and plan accordingly. Cause it's gonna be worse.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/banditelli/status/1442207741397770245?s=19

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/grifferslol/status/1441550408174997505?s=20

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Krampus training, clearly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The war on Christmas.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

From a previous DnD campaign where a player liked to drop trees on people with Feather Tokens, it was ruled she's doing anywhere from 2d10 to 4d10 per swing, there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Something-something, Assaulta Claus.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Paladinus posted:

Something-something, Assaulta Claus.
Ol' Saint Kick?

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please, it's a tannenbomb.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Saw a short vid that addressed this (and the Riker Chair Maneuver and Riker Leg Lift on Panels). Seems Frakes jacked up his back while working as a furniture mover, and had to do these so his back wouldn't hurt so much.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Saw a short vid that addressed this (and the Riker Chair Maneuver and Riker Leg Lift on Panels). Seems Frakes jacked up his back while working as a furniture mover, and had to do these so his back wouldn't hurt so much.

Yeah, it's a weird way to sit, but if you're doing dozens of takes where you have to sit and stand repeatedly, it helps to take the pressure off.

The really delightful thing is that in Riker, who has no such problem, it becomes a neat little character trait that gives him this very un-self-consciously flamboyant way of taking up space.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rectovagitron posted:

Please, it's a tannenbomb.

gently caress

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

That's the common belief, but Frakes said in an interview that he did it just because he could. When nobody said anything about it, he decided to keep doing it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/QUjJHna.mp4

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

HPanda posted:

Yeah, who knew? All that dystopian fiction was actually too optimistic.

Time to look into how authors thought things would be 30 years from now and plan accordingly. Cause it's gonna be worse.

Just checked in with J. G. Ballard. Things aren't looking good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Either way, if you watch beyond belief it's real obvious in some of the intros that his back is killing him, the way he moves very stiffly until he can get to something to lean on.

Also a few times his beard is drawn on like no one would notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/ql5b8f8.mp4