Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This is looking better now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr27JpimaKY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there like, ReVive but for playing Quest games on PCVR?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Is there like, ReVive but for playing Quest games on PCVR?

No.

It would be like an Android emulator combined with pc vr with ductape, which sounds like a clusterfuck.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

More interesting news in VR. New VD update with finally the Video tab enabled
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/pwhq6p/virtual_desktop_quest_update_new_video_feature/

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 27, 2021

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to upload VR video from my Quest2 w/o having to have my headset on while the Youtube uploads it.

Is there a way to push your video to Google Drive w/o having to use a cord to your computer?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I cant for the life of me figure out how to upload VR video from my Quest2 w/o having to have my headset on while the Youtube uploads it.

Is there a way to push your video to Google Drive w/o having to use a cord to your computer?

They have enabled now a 'files' app where you have some kind of cloud storage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It pushes it to your phone through the Oculus app I think. I got a pop up in headset yesterday about it.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

njsykora posted:

It pushes it to your phone through the Oculus app I think. I got a pop up in headset yesterday about it.

Ill have to take another look at the app!

Injury news, I punched the poo poo out of my wall playing Echo Arena and have made my hand all swole up

Edit: I had to uninstall and reinstall the oculus app on my phone to get my media to sync

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 27, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The other day I almost broke the glass from the headlamp (from my ceiling fan), while trying to play a volleyball game from AppLab. I don't know how it could support the impact!

VR volleyball games: good idea, but don't do it inside a house :/

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I wonder what will be the price. They haven't announced still, right?

Replying to myself:

$40

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Finally cleared my VR space after a prolonged absence and I just realized I have no idea what happened to VR during the pandemic, but I would assume it progressed a bit?
I should probably finish Alyx at some point in the near future.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

New Walkabout course coming on the 30th!

Quixote Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyOSLORTPOA

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

That looks beautiful!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Walkabout is really the best. It's such a good post-work stress reliever.

Then I shoot the sausages

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Squiggle posted:

Walkabout is really the best. It's such a good post-work stress reliever.

/does three double bogey in a row

So much stress relieved! :P

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

My kiddo has been itching to play some VR but frankly all the people on VR i want far away from my child

We have found out that Tea For God with no hostile robots is great fun. She's only 6, so she gets to play maybe for 10 minutes. I cast to the TV so I can help her navigate if needed. She loves the "burger boy" lil spider bots. Her favorite thing is to get one in each hand and find an abyss to toss 'em into and just LAUGH.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Beer_Suitcase posted:

My kiddo has been itching to play some VR but frankly all the people on VR i want far away from my child

We have found out that Tea For God with no hostile robots is great fun. She's only 6, so she gets to play maybe for 10 minutes. I cast to the TV so I can help her navigate if needed. She loves the "burger boy" lil spider bots. Her favorite thing is to get one in each hand and find an abyss to toss 'em into and just LAUGH.

This is incredibly cute as poo poo and I super enjoyed dicking with it on viveport.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/629970/Beast_Pets/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Beer_Suitcase posted:

My five year old loves job simulator, vacation simulator, and a free quest game called Bogo. She has tried Moss but it’s a little hard for her once the enemies show up. She loves Minecraft on a monitor but we haven’t tried it in the headset yet.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Really wanted to check out Subnautica in VR but the base game's state of VR is...... not great. HUD elements obscuring other HUD elements, text too high or low to read, no cursor/reticule in menus?

So I found a VR enhancement mod but you can't mod the xbox game pass version without ripping it but doing that breaks the game (at least for me, both times I tried it, first time I thought it was cause the target folder path was too long, but it didn't work the second time either.), it never finishes booting up after doing that. Ripperoni.

Guess I'll get it on sale on Steam sometime.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

This looks like a "better"/different version of Tea For God that im going to try out after work

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3381040775329400/

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm pretty surprised they're releasing RE4 a week before Connect. I had been expecting them to just announce "it's available now!" on the first day of Connect, but maybe they have bigger things to announce. :pray:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
naked muscleman mixed reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOk_M1Ib5F0

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beer_Suitcase posted:

New Walkabout course coming on the 30th!

Quixote Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyOSLORTPOA

Is walkabout able to be played multiplayer on the same account? It would be cool to play with the kids using the rift S and Quest 2.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is walkabout able to be played multiplayer on the same account? It would be cool to play with the kids using the rift S and Quest 2.

Not sure but it is enabled for app sharing at least.

Sacred Cow
Aug 13, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yes! My kids use my Quest and Quest 2 to play Walkabout with my sister who lives on the other side of the country. It uses room codes to manage lobbies and the host has to approve before people can join.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I wonder how this is to use, practically, as a consumer. Everyone is all about PIMAX and all that poo poo and yeah the $1500+ subscription seems dumb as poo poo. But if it is as good as they say...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yup! My wife and I play with my brother and his wife who also share the same account.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KakerMix posted:

I wonder how this is to use, practically, as a consumer. Everyone is all about PIMAX and all that poo poo and yeah the $1500+ subscription seems dumb as poo poo. But if it is as good as they say...

It's not really a consumer device, it's a serious professional HMD (Hence the subscription - it's for milking companies indefinitely. Most professional hardware pulls this trick nowadays).

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Enos Cabell posted:

Yup! My wife and I play with my brother and his wife who also share the same account.

Can you spell out how the "share the same account" works? Like, your brother and his wife have two headsets and... log in with the same facebook account, or something?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

KakerMix posted:

If its as good as the say I'm still not going to pay a $1500 subscription so it doesn't matter if it's as good as they say...

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

KakerMix posted:

they mentioned that the lenses had pupil swim

lol at spending that money for trash optics

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Pavlov update
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/555160/view/3042721563410012407

It has a bit of everything.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Eyes Have It posted:

Can you spell out how the "share the same account" works? Like, your brother and his wife have two headsets and... log in with the same facebook account, or something?

Sorry, realize I worded that pretty terribly. So I have one Oculus account in this house linked to my FB, and we use it on both a Rift S and Quest 2. Both of those headsets can be logged in at the same time, and some games (including Walkabout MiniGolf) can be played multiplayer together on both headsets at the same time on the same account. My brother has a similar setup at his place, so we can do a mini golf foursome with 4 headsets, and 2 copies of Walkabout on 2 accounts.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm really enjoying the quest 2. I didn't do anything too intense yesterday, but I still felt a lot better after using it. I was bummed about getting a lovely wireless connection to my router, so I did some reading. I realized I could set up my motherboard's wifi as a hotspot, and connect the quest 2 to that. It's a bit of a clumsy implementation. Apparently windows 10 doesn't recognize the quest 2 as a device that deserves decent bandwidth, and ends up only giving it 280ish Mbps. However, if you connect a phone to the hotspot, then disconnect, you can get the full 1200 Mbps. I haven't found a better way to get the full speed yet. I'm using virtual desktop and I'm still tweaking my settings to get a smooth experience.

Is there a convenient way to display multiple screens in virtual desktop or another program? It looks like BigScreen can do that, but I saw some other convoluted solutions. I use 2 monitors, and discord is on my second monitor. Looks like I can cycle between the monitors, but it'd be nice to have it all at a glance. Someone showed me this article yesterday: https://blog.immersed.team/working-from-orbit-39bf95a6d385. I don't think that's practical for most of us, but I thought it was cool that this guy was able to get a lot of stuff done in VR, even with a mediocre computer. He sets up virtual screens with Immersed (https://immersed.com/), which sounds neat. It sounds like his laptop just runs the programs, and the headset handles all of the 3d stuff. He uses his physical keyboard and mouse. I think he uses hand tracking rather than the controllers. He claims that it's a more comfortable experience than looking at his flat screen, and has spent over 4500 hours programming in VR. He uses big virtual screens that are further away from him, which he claims to reduce eye strain. He was laid up due to an injury for a few months, and said VR worked for him when he couldn't sit at his desk. I don't think I'll get that comfortable in VR any time soon, but it sounds really cool to be able to customize your environment like that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I'm really enjoying the quest 2. I didn't do anything too intense yesterday, but I still felt a lot better after using it. I was bummed about getting a lovely wireless connection to my router, so I did some reading. I realized I could set up my motherboard's wifi as a hotspot, and connect the quest 2 to that. It's a bit of a clumsy implementation. Apparently windows 10 doesn't recognize the quest 2 as a device that deserves decent bandwidth, and ends up only giving it 280ish Mbps. However, if you connect a phone to the hotspot, then disconnect, you can get the full 1200 Mbps. I haven't found a better way to get the full speed yet. I'm using virtual desktop and I'm still tweaking my settings to get a smooth experience.

Is there a convenient way to display multiple screens in virtual desktop or another program? It looks like BigScreen can do that, but I saw some other convoluted solutions. I use 2 monitors, and discord is on my second monitor. Looks like I can cycle between the monitors, but it'd be nice to have it all at a glance. Someone showed me this article yesterday: https://blog.immersed.team/working-from-orbit-39bf95a6d385. I don't think that's practical for most of us, but I thought it was cool that this guy was able to get a lot of stuff done in VR, even with a mediocre computer. He sets up virtual screens with Immersed (https://immersed.com/), which sounds neat. It sounds like his laptop just runs the programs, and the headset handles all of the 3d stuff. He uses his physical keyboard and mouse. I think he uses hand tracking rather than the controllers. He claims that it's a more comfortable experience than looking at his flat screen, and has spent over 4500 hours programming in VR. He uses big virtual screens that are further away from him, which he claims to reduce eye strain. He was laid up due to an injury for a few months, and said VR worked for him when he couldn't sit at his desk. I don't think I'll get that comfortable in VR any time soon, but it sounds really cool to be able to customize your environment like that.

I don't think you can do it in VD, but in AirLink there's a + icon on the quick bar which will let you add a desktop window to your VR view and then you position it with the grip button and click the pin icon on it to keep it there when the Oculus menu is closed.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Quick reminder for anyone interested:

Tokyo Game Show has some sort of VR component to it this year. Quest and Quest 2 users can get the application tomorrow evening at/after 8 pm Eastern (9 AM JST) from the App Lab. Rift, Rift S, and Vive users will have a separate program available from the above link at the same time.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

That was a really interesting read. Especially the talk about working/ interfacing with others etc since not everyone uses even remotely the same setup.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is Pavlov still a giant list of servers? I own it and I really want to like it but every time I fire it up, I’m presented with a wall of servers and get discouraged.

Is there a way to treat it like other multiplayer shooters where you choose a mode you’d like to play and it matchmakes for you?

I’m asking because it’s probably been a solid year since I’ve last played.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Virtual Desktop's new video feature is cool. The player is decent, it has lots of 3d/projection options, you can stream or download the videos easily, and the file discovery is faster than with a dlna server.
However, it's lacking on subtitle functionality, which is a pretty big strike for me. I also found one video already which wasn't able to open it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://uploadvr.com/lone-echo-ii-launching-october/
Oct 12, same day as RE4VR. Oculus has the weirdest game marketing team ever.