Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Watching WWE is like re-living Season 8 of Game of Thrones every week for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great wrestler Triple H is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Triple H"

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

Watching WWE is like re-living Season 8 of Game of Thrones every week for years

Honestly they could probably draw some inspiration from season 8 and be a little bit better off for it. I'd be into a wrestler who was mostly a nice person until a bell rang

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I just learned Becky had a package at the start of the PPV saying "on this show, ANYTHING GOES"

Her match ended in DQ

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Blaise330 posted:

I just learned Becky had a package at the start of the PPV saying "on this show, ANYTHING GOES"

Her match ended in DQ

"People don't watch wrestling for moves, they watch it for the STORY"

Tells a story where the good guy gets completely stomped and humiliated by the bad guy at every turn, and then at their big climactic final battle a random second bad guy shows up and kicks both their asses and the movie ends.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

FLOOR FLOP ME FINN

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A Fancy Hat posted:

A friend of mine had an extra ticket to Extreme Rules and invited me. I couldn't make it and felt kind of bad, thinking that maybe I was missing out on a good time.

I'm afraid to text him and ask what he thought of the show.

Update - he went with a coworker and they both left the show really pissed off after that main event's ending.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

meltzer is reporting that hhh was down at the performance center quite concerned. worried about the talent getting in, worried about talent getting out. says to hbk, 'i need one of those things like those ancient castles have, with the water and alligator". hbk turns to him and says, bill demott

now that's how you do it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The five moves of poo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Fancy Hat posted:

Update - he went with a coworker and they both left the show really pissed off after that main event's ending.

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Bianca beats Sasha, Becky beats Bianca, they’ll probably do a triple threat where Sasha wins, then Bianca will beat Sasha, Becky will beat Bianca…

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember they're coming up to Survivor Series where the champs face each other so Charlotte can get worked into the Smackdown title scene too!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember they're coming up to Survivor Series where the champs face each other so Charlotte can get worked into the Smackdown title scene too!

Dang, you mean the one time a year everyone competes on the same show in a battle for brand supremacy??

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Blaise330 posted:

Her match ended in DQ

When Vince sees Tony's big headstart
Sitting on top of the ratings chart
Cause WWE blows
Anything goes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

poop you say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt4TL5sJbA

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/814652033349382144?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Dang, you mean the one time a year everyone competes on the same show in a battle for brand supremacy??
It's the only time a year RawTM Superstars(R) and SmackDown! LiveTM Superstar(R) battle each other, OP

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Drakkel posted:

"People don't watch wrestling for moves, they watch it for the STORY"

Tells a story where the good guy gets completely stomped and humiliated by the bad guy at every turn, and then at their big climactic final battle a random second bad guy shows up and kicks both their asses and the movie ends.

Some people did like the ending cause it keeps the feud going with an extra variable in it. They feel having a winner out of Becky and Bianca woulda been a "waste". Monthly ppvs are a mistake.

Endless Mike posted:

It's the only time a year RawTM Superstars(R) and SmackDown! LiveTM Superstar(R) battle each other, OP

Speaking of that, tonight is the season finale of Raw. It's almost draft time!

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 27, 2021

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Critical posted:

balor being perfectly in sync with the heartbeat looked cool and i imagine is loving hard to do live like that
I know they say white men have no rhythm but this is nuts. He's flopping when he hears the noise, secrets of pro wrestling 2.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Why do they have a Season Finale for a show that literally never stops airing? What differentiates any "Season" of Raw from any other season? Why does the "Season" arbitrarily end 3/4ths of the way through the year?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Why do they have a Season Finale for a show that literally never stops airing? What differentiates any "Season" of Raw from any other season? Why does the "Season" arbitrarily end 3/4ths of the way through the year?

It would make sense if, like AEW, they used it to reset graphics and some of the look of the show. But of course, none of that ever changes and when it does it's a blanket change for every TV show and PPV so everything just looks and feels the same forever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I skipped a ton of posts so this might have already been mentioned, but Royal Rumble will be held in St. Louis on a Saturday

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Drakkel posted:

Steaming services list raw and smackdown by seasons. I guess its just for record keeping. Finale is in Fall because the premier is in Fall and alot of shows premier in the Fall.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blaise330 posted:

Steaming services list raw and smackdown by seasons. I guess its just for record keeping. Finale is in Fall because the premier is in Fall and alot of shows premier in the Fall.

They all also have episode titles, though I don't know if they just do like the name of the show and date these days. I feel like I remember seeing old run sheets where each episode had a unique title specific to what was happening on that show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They had to stop that because everything that happens on Raw now has happened on every Raw for the last 3 months

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Professor Funk posted:

Must be kind of terrifying as a performer standing up there, smoke everywhere, etc., knowing the turnbuckle is about to collapse beneath you but not knowing exactly *when* its gonna happen

they gave hans gruber a 5 count but let the rope go at 3 at the nakatomi tower final scene so rickman would react more on camera

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

This made me picture the Punk/Joe phone call but with you asking your friend how the show was then hysterically laughing when they share how pissed they are.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

I suspect this is just some remnant of TV production.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

They are just throwing Sasha in there as a bridge to turning Becky face again.

Would not surprise me if we have Sasha and Carmella Vs Becky and Bianca in a month.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Renaissance Spam posted:

I would agree with this except the Thunderdome showed how WWE does Wacky and it was awful. Compare that to the insanity of the Hardy Compound or Stadium Stampede, WWE can't even do stupid crazy cinematic matches.
Well, they can if the talent drags them to it kicking and screaming -- the Firefly Funhouse match was transcendental.

Of course, Vince being Vince, he made sure to start making GBS threads on it from very literally the next frame as soon as it ended.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Is Ricochet beginning to see the light?

https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/status/1442494597972758528?s=20

Although this reply from someone who used to work for WWE:

https://twitter.com/VollmayerOnFire/status/1442505826153893893?s=20

"YOU'D BETTER UNLIKE THAT IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!" - Steph, I'd imagine.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 27, 2021

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i posted this in the live thread

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i feel like i need to balance out all of the good wrestling i watched last week

honestly did not expect what we got though.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big missed opportunity not having the doll shout MY HOLE when Charlotte was tearing it in two

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ricochet is going to make insinuations that he's unhappy (while very publicly saying that he isn't) and they'll push him around MITB because that's the only match type they like him in.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

zetamind2000 posted:

Big missed opportunity not having the doll shout MY HOLE when Charlotte was tearing it in two

If that doll gets resurrected within the next month imma be mad.

Pylons posted:

Ricochet is going to make insinuations that he's unhappy (while very publicly saying that he isn't) and they'll push him around MITB because that's the only match type they like him in.

I wish Cedric would get that spot, he isn't as big of a dork as Ricochet. I know the obvious thing would be to put both of them in but fat chance of that happening.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cedric is big swoles wife and has been seen on Instagram at AEW backstage, he's probably as high as he's gonna get

Edit: oh god I said wife instead of husband, that'll teach me to post while pretending to be working

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 27, 2021

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Kunabomber posted:

Cedric is big swoles wife and has been seen on Instagram at AEW backstage, he's probably as high as he's gonna get
iirc he got a contract because of the crowd in the very first CWC. The same tournament that Zack Sabre Jr and Ibushi were in and refused to sign a contract so TJ Perkins won and Gran Metallik has been trapped in WWE prison five years

bartok
May 10, 2006

Of the guys left in WWE I'd want to see jump ship to AEW I'd put Cedric near the top of the list above Ricochet at least. I think #1 for me is Akira Tozawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

If that doll gets resurrected within the next month imma be mad.
The over/under for the doll being resurrected is Tuesday, 5th of October