Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Bi9-Q11iI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

this sounds miserable

It gave us great takes like "gay anime fans are all nazis" and a mod saying that it's ok to say Japan is a land full of pedophiles because a book written 2000 years ago had age gap in it. ftw.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I haven't really watched much of the Azumanga Daioh anime, but I was aware of it, and I do have the omnibus release of the entire manga, does that count?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It gave us great takes like "gay anime fans are all nazis" and a mod saying that it's ok to say Japan is a land full of pedophiles because a book written 2000 years ago had age gap in it. ftw.

momotaro densetsu?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, what’s this? Are they bringing back Symphogear or is this some kind of mobile game promotion?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
symphogear xd is the mobile game yes. it does lots of crossovers with other mobile games and the current crossover is prisma illya. here's miku having an entry on the 07th expansion wiki because of the higurashi crossover

https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/Miku_Kohinata

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

Wait, what’s this? Are they bringing back Symphogear or is this some kind of mobile game promotion?

symphogear has had a mobile game for 5 years, this is announcing a collab event with the fate kaleid liner prisma ilya anime

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

xdu does like 69 crossovers a year and i'm here for it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

symphogear has had a mobile game for 5 years, this is announcing a collab event with the fate kaleid liner prisma ilya anime

Gotcha, is the mobile game any good then/available in English?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Larryb posted:

available in English?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll take that as a no then, too bad. What’s the game itself like out of curiosity?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The writings good but the gameplay is very boring.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Making Nanoha and Hibiki meet (*until Super Robot Wars also does it) justified the game by itself.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

The writings good but the gameplay is very boring.

Is it a new story following the last season of the anime, an AU, or something in between?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

Is it a new story following the last season of the anime, an AU, or something in between?
all of the above.

the premise is that there's a relic that allows traveling to/from alternate timelines/dimensions. so you get stuff set in the main timeline that takes palce after s5, but there's also other timelines. serena and kanade are playable due to being from timelines where they survived, there's a hibiki from a timeline where miku went to the concert at the start of s1 and died, there's a chris and tsubasa from a timeline where chris was delivered safely to japan and joined up with tsubasa early on instead of getting nabbed by fine, etc. theres even a timeline where hibikis three normie friends (anime girl and the other two) are the protagonists.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That sounds amazing honestly. What’s wrong with the gameplay portion?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its just a pretty dull autobattler with no real strategy other than leveling up your units and having the right units leveled up, and the ui for leveling up units/upgrading them is very bad, and you have a weirdly limited amount of inventory space for exp items and such so there's a lot of dull micromanaging of that stuff

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Larryb posted:

I’ll take that as a no then, too bad. What’s the game itself like out of curiosity?

but haha we'll just shift all our developers to sinoalice after shutting the game down after like 3 months of service byeeeeee 🤪

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the gameplay is okay and the biggest reason you play is because you love the girls and want to see them in different designs

also because the stroganoff trio get their own magical girl suits (distinct from symphogear)

Aurora fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 27, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

however pvp is absolutely awful unless you have been playing the game forever or are a huge whale

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

but haha we'll just shift all our developers to sinoalice after shutting the game down after like 3 months of service byeeeeee 🤪

Ah, so they arbitrarily screwed over western players just like they did with Magia Record then. That sucks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm not sure why webp is a cursed image format but it is and it made those cards tiny

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i still dont know why revue starlight outlived so many bigger western mobage releases

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i still dont know why revue starlight outlived so many bigger western mobage releases

it's the only i think licensed game that the devs who make it run so maybe they have a lower overhead than pokelabo lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Gotcha, is the mobile game any good then/available in English?

No and no(t anymore)

Larryb posted:

Ah, so they arbitrarily screwed over western players just like they did with Magia Record then. That sucks.

Yes and no. A lot of mobage that get global releases hope to hit big numbers but more niche things tend to run into stumbling blocks like a lot of the most die hard fans already playing the jp version. Madoka wasn't really a hot property in the west, which compounded with the way too fast event pacing, the fact it was hard to recommend to people who weren't already deep into Madoka, and so on.

Sales numbers and the like were never released so the specifics are speculative in the end.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 27, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair point and I imagine Symphogear was in the same boat (all 5 seasons got an official subbed release but I’m not sure how successful it was in the west overall).

In fact, I believe the only magical girl series to ever really maintain a lasting presence in the west was Sailor Moon (and even then the final season was never localized until literally just a few years ago).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 27, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Speaking of gacha, I'm surprised they haven't localized the Uma Musume game yet

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it did take them 500 years to even release unamuau, slow roll out of a localization isn't surprising

looking conspicuously at world flipper

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

did world flipper english ever fix that they hosed up rerolling for the english version only because of the way the korean version set it up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

False, only read romcoms.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Acerbatus posted:

No and no(t anymore)

Yes and no. A lot of mobage that get global releases hope to hit big numbers but more niche things tend to run into stumbling blocks like a lot of the most die hard fans already playing the jp version. Madoka wasn't really a hot property in the west, which compounded with the way too fast event pacing, the fact it was hard to recommend to people who weren't already deep into Madoka, and so on.

Sales numbers and the like were never released so the specifics are speculative in the end.

Yeah, I gave Madoka a little money to get my favorite character in the start dash, and again during the Nanoha event, but then just fatigued out. There might have been some optimal strategy to having enough time in the day to play both the events and the normal story, but I sure didn't figure it out before I lost the will to keep up.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also just lol

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ardeem posted:

Yeah, I gave Madoka a little money to get my favorite character in the start dash, and again during the Nanoha event, but then just fatigued out. There might have been some optimal strategy to having enough time in the day to play both the events and the normal story, but I sure didn't figure it out before I lost the will to keep up.

In the case of Magia Record there’s also a pretty decent anime adaption now so you can get all of the plot (plus a little extra) with none of the extraneous crap attached.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

did world flipper english ever fix that they hosed up rerolling for the english version only because of the way the korean version set it up

no but rerolling was fine because you can skip the tutorial

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

no but rerolling was fine because you can skip the tutorial

i mean it was like lightning quick to do on jp when i played at that launch so it's just kind of a dumb oversight

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also the weird cleavage censorship

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nothing will top the skeleton changes, thankfully I don't think regitare sees much use

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh my god did they pull a wraith king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

dogsicle posted:

nothing will top the skeleton changes, thankfully I don't think regitare sees much use

Is there a story here?