Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Just need 15 from CeeDee Lamb and Miles Sanders in .5PPR...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Whoreson Welles posted:

ESPN win percentages must use the same insane machine learning that their IBM Watson trade suggestions does.

People should keep the ESPN fantasy app in mind whenever a company advertises a product using "machine learning" or "AI". Because it's basically always about as effective.

God drat a good fantasy weekend can do a lot to improve a bad real football weekend. Drafting players on teams you're not rooting for is a good way to diversify emotional risk.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I need Devonte Smith to score less than 7 points in order to go 3-0 in my big money league. :ohdear:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Bellmaker posted:

I think you’re safe. Just hopefully most of those points come from Sanders because I need Dak to keep it under 22 to secure my first win of the season.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
This week I'm playing the dude who is a major Cowboys homer.

What that means is that I'm currently winning despite having a very bad week... as long as Dak, Zeke, Tony Pollard, Amari Cooper, Cee Dee Lamb, and Greg loving Zurlein don't combine for 51 points.

Go Birds.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I need 15 PPR points from Sanders. I'm worried.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I like how yahoo will say I have a 3% chance at losing when my opponent is done and I am up by 25 with one player left. I am pretty sure whoever I have left will get benched before they fumble 13 times yahoo.

Need Goedert, Lamb, and Miles Sanders to combine for 32 in standard scoring to win my one league where the match is up in the air.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
ESPN thinks I have a 97% chance of winning. I have a 27 point lead and my opponent has Hurts left. Hurts scored 28 points week 1 in this league, the Cowboys are not exactly known for their great defense. I am going to lose.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I need CeeDee Lamb to put up 30 or I lose to the team with Gus Edwards in its flex spot. Between AJ Brown dropping everything thrown his way and then getting hurt, and Lockett doing Lockett things, I can't trust any of my receivers beyond Lamb.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I lost by 2 points because of that game winning field goal by Crosby last night. I also lost because my WR combo of Woods and Moore got me 8 points.

I’m really starting to hate Stafford.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Need 13 points from Sanders to win in one league and a 30 bomb from Hurts (vs a Linebacker..so possibly up to 40) to win another. With how my fantasy weekend went, I am boned.

Go Broncos at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Following My Gut (FMG) trip report:

1. Drop T. Lance, pick up Cousins again, bench J. Winston. Success? Yes!
2. Bench either J. Jones or A. Brown rather than starting both. Success? No! A. Brown scored 0 pts while J. Jones scored 7 from the bench.
3. Drop LAR D/ST to stream Car D/ST for the week. Success? Yes!
4. Don't bench R. Gronkowski this week - let him take up the FLEX that would go to J. Jones or A. Dillon. Success? Mixed! He outscored the benched players but of course in Wk. 3 he decided to put up 9 pts instead of the high double digit points he'd debuted in the first two. I will start him this upcoming week - I didn't watch the game but I didn't expect TB to lose and I'm not expecting them to lose next week either just because they did this week.

I will be hunting down a decent WR. My WR3 D. Moore outscored all my other WRs by a wide margin.
Only path to victory for this week is A. Cooper putting up 0 points and Zeke throwing up 21 pts at minimum (21 pts. for the draw). Looking like 1-2 going into Wk. 4 though.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I need Devonta Smith and Miles Sanders to outscore Hurts by 3 pts. This game is gonna be weird to watch.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked up Peyton Barber as a Jacobs sub and then started Ty'Son Williams over him.

You would think I would have learned my lesson about starting Ravens running backs last season

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hey guys remember my STEAL of a trade for AJ Brown? Let's check in on that

Received|: AJ Brown (dead)
Sent: Mitchell (dead), Agholor (on waivers again)

lmao

kiimo posted:

I picked up Peyton Barber as a Jacobs sub and then started Ty'Son Williams over him.

You would think I would have learned my lesson about starting Ravens running backs last season

We are all doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Gotta drop TE Smith from the Pats, gonna try and snag big donklin Conklin from waivers

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I need Devonta Smith and Miles Sanders to outscore Hurts by 3 pts. This game is gonna be weird to watch.

That’s always the worst when your players coincide with your opponent. Like having a WR and your opponent has the QB, or you have a D/ST and your opponent has players from the other team, so when they score it comes with extra pain.

kiimo posted:

That was my b, had to finally start him this week. He’s going right back to the bench once Henderson gets healthy.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Only three weeks in, but I’m glad I snagged Higbee from the amorphous TE blob

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm gonna be mad if I dropped Conklin and he turns out to be not poo poo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

IDP chat alert

I dropped Malcolm Jenkins last Friday

lol

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm gonna be mad if I dropped Conklin and he turns out to be not poo poo.

With Irv on IR i can see Conklin getting decent production in the future. Nothing close to his 20 points this week but probably better than his early two weeks.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Oooh boy, up by 3.58 with Sanders vs. his Goedert. We’ll see I guess.

I can’t believe my team has a chance when my high scores on the week are Adams 30.2 and Denver D 25

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

If Dak could score 12 pts or less today, it would be cool

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Allen Robinson and Marquise Brown were lackluster this weekend and were the root cause of my defeat this game. Metcalf was respectable so no issues with him. Murray was fine though I wish he stole those touchdowns from James Conner. Carson did what was needed and Ekeler was great especially in full ppr. Outside of Brady and Chase my opponents highest scorer was Tucker so I can't say he had it easy either. Technically I can still win if Goedert scores 15 and Miles Sanders gets 0 touches so it's unlikely to say the least. I think I'm at the point where I'm going to try and trade Robinson or bench him and hope the Bears learn offense.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

poly and open-minded posted:

Co-signed

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

poly and open-minded posted:

:agreed:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't know why ESPN decided I was a lock to win halfway through the late games, my opponent had Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson in play and earning points as well as Davante Adams in the Sunday night game. Now my only path to victory is if Amari Cooper has a repeat of week 1. I believe in you Coop!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I need Jalen Hurts to score 4+ points to win both my leagues.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I need Jalen Hurts to score 4+ points to win both my leagues.

Ok he can score 5 but that's it.

I need Ceedee to outscore him by 1

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So to revisit the CEH discussion: 100 yards rushing, 2 receptions for 9 yards, a TD, and a fumble. In my league, that's 15.9 points.

Still worried?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Leperflesh posted:

So to revisit the CEH discussion: 100 yards rushing, 2 receptions for 9 yards, a TD, and a fumble. In my league, that's 15.9 points.

Still worried?

Eh, I wasn’t too worried, the first two games were against rough defenses.

It was nice to see him involved in the passing game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Eh, I wasn’t too worried, the first two games were against rough defenses.

It was nice to see him involved in the passing game.

Oh yeah, it was a passing TD, too. Which, he's still not getting rushes at the goal line and I think that's worth a concern or two. Williams was in on red zone plays a lot. CEH had 17 carries so that's a YPC of 5.9, much healthier than we saw the first two weeks. All that said, I think in redraft he's a matchup-dependent flex option for now, and not the every-week stud that people were hoping for, at least until we see this production become consistent.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

I'm gonna lose lmaooooooooooo :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Still worried?

The fumble is scaring the poo poo out of me because its a sudden big problem an underperforming RB has that he didn't have before at the NFL's most replaceable position

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Bellmaker posted:

I'm gonna lose lmaooooooooooo :smith:

I needed 23 from Hurts, Lamb, and Sanders in half PPR. Just need 9.13 more now!

edit: alright only down by 0.04 now, don't screw me!

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 28, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Need 6.5 from Sanders. Don't think I'll get it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Needed 20 from Dak and Cooper and just lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*charles dance voice*

It is over!

We have won.

P.S. what’s going on with BAL Ty Williams. People are dropping him in a bunch of leagues but im fine keeping him as a backup on my bench. He had a bad game which happens.

Is there a good reason to drop him?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ornery and Hornery posted:

*charles dance voice*

It is over!

We have won.

P.S. what’s going on with BAL Ty Williams. People are dropping him in a bunch of leagues but im fine keeping him as a backup on my bench. He had a bad game which happens.

Is there a good reason to drop him?

He’s not getting touches and Latavius Murray is. I’m holding on to him in case that changes because there’s nothing on waivers that looks clearly more promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Ravens went full committee but that approach was also not good against a really bad run D. The hope I guess is that the Ravens coaching staff realizes that Ty’Son had the highest average yardage and long and they stop loving around, but they won anyway so odds are they won’t change anything and it’s very possible that he’s just lost his job (which most were assuming would happen anyway).

I would like to get rid of him, even in the weeks he produced the ceiling wasn’t sky high and the Ravens don’t look as potent as they have in the past with all the injuries. His week 1 looks like an anomaly now that more signings have crowded the backfield.