Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i can't believe that human society wasn't a thing until NFTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

drk posted:

Bitfinex accidentally (or "accidentally") paid $23 million in ETH for a transaction fee earlier today.

How did it happen? HN speculates:

A "typical" $23 transaction fee lol

Currency of the future! Let me just pay for this 2 dollar coffee

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

drk posted:

Bitfinex accidentally (or "accidentally") paid $23 million in ETH for a transaction fee earlier today.

How did it happen? HN speculates:

not sure why buttcoiners missing the point yet again is news

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Boxturret posted:

i can't believe that human society wasn't a thing until NFTs

could we really call it living? Could love have truly existed before the ability to purchase a receipt for a diamond your burned to immortalize it on the blockchain

oh wait the hosting website is dead

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

https://twitter.com/dreadherring/status/1442598365380767745?s=19

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i'm assuming that every brick on that wall is an individual and unique work of art and that each one is worth at minimum 50k

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

banned from lazylions for saying “just tryna get my lion dick wet”

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
pffft

table doesn't even have a dog dick on it

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SubG posted:

pffft

table doesn't even have a dog dick on it
the crypto eco system sure ain't what it used to be

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

vortmax posted:

well i just heard an ad for this horrible thing on the radio
https://www.altoira.com/

Wait there is no way this is legal right?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

novamute posted:

Wait there is no way this is legal right?

Lmao Jesus loving Christ

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

qirex posted:

banned from lazylions for saying “just tryna get my lion dick wet”

that's what you get for being horny on mane

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

What is the difference between a “traditional" IRA and a "self-directed" IRA?‍
There is no legal distinction between a traditional IRA and a self-directed IRA. While traditional, Roth, SEP, and other IRAs can all be “self-directed” (meaning you choose what to invest in), most brokerages and custodians don’t allow investments in unregistered securities, frequently referred to as “alternative assets.” With The Alternative IRA®, Alto investors have the control and flexibility to invest their IRA in assets uniquely suited to long-term investing—like startups, real estate, and more.

:newlol:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

everything involving "convert your 401k to a self directed IRA with us" is a loving scam

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Your NFTs in your Twitter banner and timestamp on the blockchain, Dapp coming soon!

Your NFTs in your Twitter banner and timestamp on the blockchain, Dapp coming soon!

like i know what these words mean but i don't think they mean things together no matter how i look at them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i love that the pinned post on that fuckin' lazy lions account is

https://twitter.com/LazyLionsNFT/status/1441920350774697986

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

in theory this costs actual money, just think about that for a minute

https://twitter.com/dean0043/status/1442116776616075285

also that's clearly just frankenberry :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh god why did i go down the NFT rabbit hole

https://twitter.com/NFTzyBoi/status/1442691591659950083

i too love Raising Awareness, the most useful thing to do

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the website for those... things... should have more information about how they supposedly donate to mental health i'm sure

quote:

OUR VISION

We conceptualised Lockdown Lemmings as a way to celebrate the NFT trend. We love the way people unite and follow, based on mutual appreciation for creative visual artwork.

We believe that Lemmings perfectly encapsulate the fun, friendly way in which people group together anonymously through the internet.

We want to foster a supportive, welcoming environment with the mantra that whoever you are, and wherever you're from, you have a place to call home.

Lemmings are a brand that we think have unlimited potential, and with your help, WAGMI.

and... donate to mental health, right??

literally the only reference to "net proceeds donated to mental health" that they've mentioned multiple times on twitter is this scheduled task for october:

quote:

- A donation to a mental-health charity, to ease the burden of lockdowns.

oh, A Donation to A Nonspecific Charity, okay cool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i wonder what it's like selling links to pictures of "lemmings" when you've never seen a lemming before

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

YOUR RIGHTS AS A LEMMINGS
By purchasing or holding a Lemming, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:

1. By purchasing, acquiring, holding or otherwise controlling an ERC-721 token attributable to the Lockdown Lemmings smart-contract on the Ethereum Network, you are the sole Rights Holder and owner of the metadata linked to that token.
2. As Rights Holder you may - copy or distribute, re-use for personal and/or financial gain, the aforementoned metadata.
3. As a Rights Holder you may NOT - present yourself or your ERC-721 token in any way shape or form, as owning, controlling, or having any rights towards the Lockdown Lemmings brand, likeness, or general image.
4. As a Rights Holder, you indemnify the Lockdown Lemmings project and team against any loss, misfortune, or haphazard occurance which arrises pursuant to you holding the token.
5. As a Right Holder, you acknowledge that you have no rights or privilage towards any future content created by the Lockdown Lemmings project or team, unless they grant it to you at a later point in time.
6. By using the Lockdown Lemmings website, interacting with the smart contract, or in any other way partaking in any activity associated with the project, you acknowledge the inherent risks associated with open-source blockchain technology and indemnify the project against any loss, misfortune, or haphazard occurance which arrises pursuant to your interactions.
7. The Lockdown Lemmings team reserves the right to use the metadata associated with your token, to the extent that such is in the interest of the project, without royalties or payments to you. Examples include re-posting photos on Twitter, or hosting them on the Lockdown Lemmings website. The project or team guarantee that such is limited to marketing, promotional, and display purposes only.
8. By selling, transferring, or loosing your token, you forgo all of the afrementioned Rights. You must at this point cease any use of the associated metadata and image.

i love it when non-lawyers try to write legal-sounding terms, especially when they're full of spelling mistakes :allears:

also lol at
1. you are the sole rights holder and owner
7. except we reserve the rights to use it however we want

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
ive had a casual ongoing search set up on twitter that shows me recently posted discord invite links, 50+% of recent ones have been inane nft stuff, apparently they run giveaways?

you get the nft for free and just hope it has speculative value? surely we cant be that far away from a crash

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

i love it when non-lawyers try to write legal-sounding terms, especially when they're full of spelling mistakes :allears:

also lol at
1. you are the sole rights holder and owner
7. except we reserve the rights to use it however we want

opening up with "YOUR RIGHTS AS A LEMMINGS" is a pretty powerful start for bad grammar

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

i went into nft twitter cringescrolling yesterday and among the ramblings of either children or lobotomised greybeard dudes in snapbacks (hopefully its mostly children) I saw the art director of God of War of all people

https://twitter.com/rafagrassetti/status/1442681026153615364?s=19

Doesnt sony pay enough to not degrade yourself this way

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

one of the other things i see really often is mention of a new game featuring NFTs but of course its always not yet released

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

for example https://spaceport.to/

P2E stands for Play To Earn

https://twitter.com/fneasfck/status/1442753610081714176

i haven't read yet why it needs to relaunch

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

We should try to abolish NFTs somewhat

“And yet you don’t participate in NFTs! Curious. I am very smart”

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Did anyone say buttnft?

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1442540918909845509

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

opening up with "YOUR RIGHTS AS A LEMMINGS" is a pretty powerful start for bad grammar

Broke: “I am a FREE MAN on the LAND!!!”

Woke: “I am a LEMMINGS on the BLOCKCHAIN!!!”

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Man, it is impossible for me to make out exactly what is happening in each transaction on those nft contracts, but the transaction fees that seem to be involved in even Opensea checking on the contracts are non-negligible.

I mean, assuming eth was actually worth the money they claimed and people could actually redeem it for such.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this is some upscaled AOL chat client from the 90s you can't fool me

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
decentralized neopets except without the games, forums, or anything else that made it fun, interesting, or worthwhile

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beelzebufo posted:

Man, it is impossible for me to make out exactly what is happening in each transaction on those nft contracts, but the transaction fees that seem to be involved in even Opensea checking on the contracts are non-negligible.

I mean, assuming eth was actually worth the money they claimed and people could actually redeem it for such.

I mean I believe its liquidity is on par with Buttcoin no better or worse

Take that for what you will

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Elysiume posted:

decentralized neopets except without the games, forums, or anything else that made it fun, interesting, or worthwhile

but have you heard it gets you into a Discord with 20000 other thought leaders

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Beelzebufo posted:

not sure what you mean by «Opensea checking on the contracts» but any Eth code that doesn’t change the state of the blockchain will be run locally on a node, for free

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I still struggle to understand what success means for an NFT project. Number go up? What makes one NFT bullshit better than the rest of them in the eyes of 'investors'? With various cryptos, at least there are measurable technological differences (not always), but how do you even begin to compare Cyber Penguins and Crypto Punks?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
same thing success means for a three card monte project

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

YOUR RIGHTS AS A LEMMINGS

1. you have the right to walk forward in a straight line
2. you have the right to fall from a great height and go splat on the ground
3. you have the right to fall into water and drown
4. you have the right to be given a bomb which will blow you up
5. you have the right to yell "oh no!!!" just before blowing up

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this is some upscaled AOL chat client from the 90s you can't fool me

srsly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009