Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thinking about it it would probably be 20str -> 10 chaos damage as I don’t think you can add dots like that . Or at least they haven’t before

If you did it 20str - 10 poison dot would mean if you have 2000 str every hit would add 1000 base poison which would uh .. I think that is a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hello I come to you from mid October, with tales of Mathils cosplay from stick league launch.

it's twiggy

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I can't believe the game is making us pick up all these poison sticks.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

euphronius posted:

Vaal summon skeletons will get you through the campaign.

Vaal summon skeletons get me to the four douche bags and Sirius to around a4.

The power of over 30 new skeletonstargets surrounding a boss means it's less time the boss is looking at you adds a lot of survival for you especially if you let them sit in on another support chain you haven't fully leveled.

J
Jun 10, 2001

All these poison sticks are taking up the alchemy orb drops

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Streamers are getting more poison sticks, game is clearly rigged :argh:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Any optimal stick farm layouts people want to share?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ziz put out a guide for optimizing your poison stick passives

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

docbeard posted:

I can't believe the game is making us pick up all these poison sticks.

ive been grinding red maps for days and haven't seen one. single. loving. venom log.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

dyzzy posted:

Ziz put out a guide for optimizing your poison stick passives

Games › Path of Exile: big stick energy

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I'm feeling good about what I accomplished in the last couple days and just want to share.

I started from about 2 ex yesterday and today I just bought double elevated boots. There's a lot of ways to make currency these days between the classic nemesis/beyond (now with beyond stacking in Glenn), selling benches like T4 aisling (4ex!), temples.. even the small little harvest enchants quickly add up since you can get so many of them running Haewark. Hell crafting at rog can eventually get you something good. Earlier,I got triple t1 res boots with no prefix that i crafted onto and used, then today I got triple T1 life/mana leech 3x T1 res gloves that I sold for 9ex. Maybe I undervalued it but whatever, I'll take it. Sold that aul's helm for 6ex that I asked about earlier. Flipping tujen currency was and is still profitable if you have the patience to just sit there and trade.

And I still haven't run shaper/elder maps at all except to get the atlas points, and also a bunch of maven runs left to do. I'm way far away from the level of those people who are swimming in uber elder eyes but it feels good to be making progress.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm on a "normal" monitor and the same one I had in 2017, but I guess I could double check my in game resolution, it was probably Just Me though.

Every time I haven't played for a few days my first reaction is trying to zoom out so it's just PoE being PoE.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

I'm feeling good about what I accomplished in the last couple days and just want to share.

Nice!

quote:

selling benches like T4 aisling (4ex!)

That these are still 4ex after the nerf speaks to why the nerf happened. It's still a really powerful tool.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

That these are still 4ex after the nerf speaks to why the nerf happened. It's still a really powerful tool.

What do people use it for nowadays? Seems extremely situational to me.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

I stayed on this league way longer than I normally do, mainly because it took this long to find a build I liked that could handle endgame stuff in hardcore. My perennial favorite lacerate glad has finally succumbed to 3 straight leagues of nerfs. Still a good starter and viable-but-slow in the 1v1 endgame boss fights, but really not suited to the dps races in the uncharted realm invites. I tried a lot of stuff and none of it quite had a workable combo of defense and offense to carry through everything.

My second favorite build of the league was a tidebreaker boneshatter jugg. Capable of stunning sirus, elder, shaper for 5+ seconds. Huge durability and regen, reasonable clear speed. Boss fights were drawn out slugfests though. Fun but a little tiresome after a while, eg 5 minutes to down the formed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdeZ_pxCYpQ

The build that finally worked was voidforge rage vortex. It's 80% stolen from someone in sc who was running it on a berserker. All I did was swap to champion and tweak the pathing/gearing to sacrifice about 3/4 of the damage for more defense. It's still at like 7M dps in the final form, and that's consistent, offscreen range, moving-around-not-attacking dps. Main tricks are voidforge + the interrogation for maxed out alternate ailments and chainbreaker with tons of mana regen to sustain rage.

The offense is huge by my standards, and the defense is quite good. Way better in practice than on paper because you can't capture the value of spending 90% of your time moving instead of attacking. I killed three characters trying to get through the hidden, so going from that to this was satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKZbEg6kI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA9dVdKO-p0

It wouldn't surprise me if one or both of rage vortex and alt ailments get tuned down next league, but short of a massacre I'll still probably run this again as my second build.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ragestorm is really strong. I could only stand it to act 5 but drat watching badger speed clear red maps with it was really made it look good.

Berserk is insane for staying alive also. That move speed.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 28, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Does Secrets of Suffering replace Voidforge's inherent Shock with Sapped or do you just get the ailments from the random damage mod?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

DaveWoo posted:

What do people use it for nowadays? Seems extremely situational to me.

You can still craft on them but it's now riskier.

For example, you woke orb tailwind+elusive:

code:
Rarity:Rare
Crafted Item
Two-Toned Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion: 196
Energy shield: 49
--------
Requirements:
Dex: 62
Int: 62
Level: 70
--------
Item level: 100
--------
+12% to Cold and Lightning Resistances (implicit)
--------
You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently
11% increased Effect of Tailwind on you
11% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike
8% increased Elusive Effect
+26% to Fire Resistance
+14 to Evasion Rating
+11 to maximum Energy Shield
Suffixes Cannot Be Changed (crafted)
--------
Hunter Item
Redeemer Item
So now you craft on suffixes cannot be changed (protects tailwind + resist) and now you pray when you Aisling slam:

code:
+26% to Fire Resistance
+14 to Evasion Rating
Veiled suffix (apparently craftofexile doesn't copy this automatically)
--------
Marginal success!

code:
+26% to Fire Resistance
+14 to Evasion Rating
39% increased Totem Placement speed
+65 to maximum Life (crafted)
Welp totem placement speed is okay in this meta I guess.

But you're right, you could have nuked the elusive mod (very sad) instead.

But also, with how often Rog can turn out really nice items without suffixes or prefixes (like boots i mentioned earlier with 3x T1 resist and 0 prefix), crafting on suffixes cannot be changed + aisling slam is guaranteed veiled prefix (in my case, I got 30% ms + no chill).

Edit: I just ran 4x nemesis/beyond with 20% scarab delirium (80c each) and scarabs in Glenn beyond stacked watchstones in glenn (but no misinformation). Came out with 350c in scarabs alone (if you can stomach selling individual scarabs for 1c).

In terms of currency, I came out with 1100c including 4ex. Not pictured is about 200 c in random worthless currency that I picked up anyway.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 28, 2021

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Something I always wondered when I was playing an archer was "how do pure evasion builds not just get one-shot when hit"?

Out of the three main defenses, dodge always seemed weird to me when used on its own.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 28, 2021

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Wind dancer and similar effects go a long way, and you can stack other defensive layers like mind over matter or corrupted soul with phys as ele to scale very strong defenses.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
rolled trapper the other day. loving seismic trap

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The only mitigation pure evasion/dodge builds don't get is armor. You stack the usual layers - fortify, endurance charges, phys as ele, etc. along with ones that benefit from high avoidance like wind dancer and the new ward.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

Something I always wondered when I was playing an archer was "how do pure evasion builds not just get one-shot when hit"?

Out of the three main defenses, dodge always seemed weird to me when used on its own.

There's quite a few ways to mitigate hit damage for Evasion/Dodge characters:

*Wind Dancer / Kintsugi (Keystone/unique armor which both grant 20% damage reduction assuming you haven't been hit in the past 4 seconds)
*Mistwall (unique shield which caps block chance if you haven't blocked in the past 4 seconds)
*Fortify (20% damage reduction which can go up with some passive investment, although expect this to get nerfed)
*Flesh and Stone (aura that blinds nearby characters, reducing their accuracy and crit chance; damage reduction from distant enemies)
*Various methods of taking physical damage as an element (which then goes through your resistances)
*Mind over Matter like pork said (take % of damage as mana before life)

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Forbidden taste with use on savage hit is also huge.

Also, you absolutely do get 1-shot just randomly. But you also tend to be speedy and that allows you to just avoid a lot of fights/get out of mechanics.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

defiance banner is a cool new addition also

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

whypick1 posted:

Does Secrets of Suffering replace Voidforge's inherent Shock with Sapped or do you just get the ailments from the random damage mod?

Secrets prevents you from applying ailments with anything but crits, so I think what you end up with is that any crit with voidforge can apply sapped regardless of which element it chose. It may just cancel that mod entirely though. Either way, in practice you end up with maxed out sap, brittle, and scorched within the first second or so by normal means. Hit rate is about 8/s and 100% crit rate once the first brittle pops up.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

totalnewbie posted:

Forbidden taste with use on savage hit is also huge.

Also, you absolutely do get 1-shot just randomly. But you also tend to be speedy and that allows you to just avoid a lot of fights/get out of mechanics.

I never got around to it this league, but I kinda wanted to roll some kind of Darkscorn Ranger build with Divine Flesh and Forbidden Taste just to see how tanky it was. I remember doing a Darkscorn/Divine Flesh build several leagues back that sticks in my mind as one of the tankiest evasion builds I've ever done. That new Forbidden Taste tech just seems like a perfect compliment to it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

That's popular with Ward stacking scourge arrow poison Pathfinder right now, and yeah it's exceptionally tanky.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Finally, an acceptable number of harbingers:

e: sirus gently caress off

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 29, 2021

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Definitely confuse divine flesh and corrupted soul constantly. The ele as chaos one is huge, though. The xibaqua one. Really great tech.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

whypick1 posted:

The latter by my understanding. SOS doesn't replace the normal elemental ailments, it completely disables them and then separately allows crits to inflict scorch/brittle/sap. So Voidforge won't turn into "all your damage can sap", it will just inflict scorch/brittle/sap on crits depending on the element chosen.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pork never goes bad posted:

Definitely confuse divine flesh and corrupted soul constantly. The ele as chaos one is huge, though. The xibaqua one. Really great tech.

Transfiguration etc confuses me also and I have to look at the alt text every time.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
There's some secret tech regarding secrets of suffering and the painseeker gloves too; painseeker has up to 200% more non-damaging ailments effect and states that crits do not inherently apply non-damaging ailments. However, inherent in this use case refers only to ignite/shock/chill/freeze, allowing crits to still inflict the alternate ailments as they are not inherent to crits naturally. Combined with the lower thresholds required to inflict maximum effect of alternate ailments, it can allow even low damage per hit builds to hit max effect easily.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

nightwisher posted:

There's some secret tech regarding secrets of suffering and the painseeker gloves too; painseeker has up to 200% more non-damaging ailments effect and states that crits do not inherently apply non-damaging ailments. However, inherent in this use case refers only to ignite/shock/chill/freeze, allowing crits to still inflict the alternate ailments as they are not inherent to crits naturally. Combined with the lower thresholds required to inflict maximum effect of alternate ailments, it can allow even low damage per hit builds to hit max effect easily.

Guess we'll see it in bugfix section mid next league lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I only realized just last night that spectres you raise are always basic versions of what they are. For like 95 total levels across two characters I’ve only been raising rares :dumb:

Two host and two carnage chieftains have improved the swarms firepower good but I’m slowly going mad from the noises made by gaining and losing charges. Any good cheap uniques for an AG based around supporting a mass of other minions?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Typical budget AG gear is ambu's charge chest for the endurance charge to all, southbound gloves for the hp of the AG, dying breath weapon and leer cast helm for damage increase of minions and victario's flight boots for movement speed for everyone.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Raising rare spectres would be hilariously op, I hope a bug makes it possible one day

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Erulisse posted:

Guess we'll see it in bugfix section mid next league lol

It's actually consistent with the wording of all effects involved, it's just that inherent is a term that's only recently became a consideration to the player for this kind of interaction. Inflicting elemental ailments is a property inherent to critical strikes as a base mechanic, painseeker adds properties to a critical strike but these are not inherent to critical strikes by default. Tl;Dr devs intended it and it shouldn't get nerfed but who knows anymore lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah I don't think it's a problem. If anything they could just nerf Scorch by making it into an Exposure debuff. I think, as good as the alternates are, generally speaking Shock and Chill/Freeze are better. Especially Freeze. That said I kind of want to do some kind of deepfried voidforge Crit raider with curse auras, just to see how stupid you can get that elemental shred. You'd have to sacrifice a lot of other poo poo to do it even at high budget, though. Maybe do it as elementalist? I dunno if her tree works on the alternate ailments. Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Developers and designers intend things that prove to need a nerf for one reason or another all the time.