Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've gone off before in this thread how I see most of the current anti-mask/anti-vax bullshit as due to decades of propaganda from rightwing media. But mainstream media has also been poo poo through the pandemic, and right now if you just casually looked at the news you could easily get the impression that all the nurses, cops, and firefighters are quitting because of vaccine mandates. I opened a news story earlier today that had a headline like "Massachussetts State Police Resign Over Vaccine Mandate," and then in the story itself it said "dozens" of State Police employees had resigned. "Dozens," out of how many? It's grossly irresponsible, and inflates the public perception of anti-vaxxers as a sizable contingent regardless of whether you are pro-vaccine or pro-covid-Trump-deathcult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Tiny Myers posted:

Anyone ever play that Pandemic flash game back in the day (that now has a Steam version called Plague Inc.)? How frustrating it was to have your virus completely shut down by a vaccine and quarantine?

Thinking about how naive and optimistic it was to expect that vaccines and quarantines would be rolled out with 100% efficiency and no hesitation. :sigh:

I'd forgotten about it and just redownloaded it based on your comment. Such a fun game.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Also, fully vaccinated as of yesterday and loving it, only extreme autism as a side effect so far.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Pfizer have submitted the initial paperwork to the FDA for the 5-11 kids vaxx, the EUA request will be coming soonish

https://twitter.com/AlbertBourla/status/1442807507102146564

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've gone off before in this thread how I see most of the current anti-mask/anti-vax bullshit as due to decades of propaganda from rightwing media. But mainstream media has also been poo poo through the pandemic, and right now if you just casually looked at the news you could easily get the impression that all the nurses, cops, and firefighters are quitting because of vaccine mandates. I opened a news story earlier today that had a headline like "Massachussetts State Police Resign Over Vaccine Mandate," and then in the story itself it said "dozens" of State Police employees had resigned. "Dozens," out of how many? It's grossly irresponsible, and inflates the public perception of anti-vaxxers as a sizable contingent regardless of whether you are pro-vaccine or pro-covid-Trump-deathcult.

Reporting is actually way worse than that. That's just what the union says.

quote:

22News learned Monday night that one State Police trooper has indicated he will resign over the vaccination mandate and that others have reached out to the MSP Human Resources to evaluate their pensions would they choose to resign or retire now.

In addition, 22News also learned that other than that one trooper, no official notification of resignations have been given to the department. The union represents 1,800 members of the State Police.

https://www.wwlp.com/news/massachusetts/dozens-of-massachusetts-state-police-troopers-resign-over-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Hi, I got my second dose of the pfizer vaccine yesterday and it has completely and utterly hosed my poo poo up. I woke up at 5am with the worst chills and shaking of my entire life, nausea, headache, the works. I spent about 2 hours wrapped head to toe in three duvets in a desperate attempt to warm up. I've since just had the nastiest fever, which thankfully has mostly gotten better and at the very least has stopped affecting me while I'm awake, but it's still a pain in the rear end when I try to sleep which I've almost exclusively been trying to do.

It's genuinely been one of the worst days of my life, and would make me seriously consider not getting a booster if they were to ever become available a year or so from now.

I'm mostly posting for a bit of sympathy because I'm losing my mind. Did anyone else have any nasty side effects from their second jab?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Beartaco posted:

Hi, I got my second dose of the pfizer vaccine yesterday and it has completely and utterly hosed my poo poo up. I woke up at 5am with the worst chills and shaking of my entire life, nausea, headache, the works. I spent about 2 hours wrapped head to toe in three duvets in a desperate attempt to warm up. I've since just had the nastiest fever, which thankfully has mostly gotten better and at the very least has stopped affecting me while I'm awake, but it's still a pain in the rear end when I try to sleep which I've almost exclusively been trying to do.

It's genuinely been one of the worst days of my life, and would make me seriously consider not getting a booster if they were to ever become available a year or so from now.

I'm mostly posting for a bit of sympathy because I'm losing my mind. Did anyone else have any nasty side effects from their second jab?

My sister had a 106 degree fever from Pfizer second dose. I got Moderna and only got a slightly sore arm. Dunno if Pfizer generally has worse side effects or its just some people's immune system dislikes Pfizer more.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tanking this third dose of Moderna so far. Just got some sore arms and general body aches but no fever like the last one (yet).

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Beartaco posted:

Moderna's 2nd dose messed me up but not quite that bad. I got it at 4 pm on a Monday. Tuesday, felt okay enough to go into work. After about an hour I started getting chills, a little bit of nausea, and a slight headache. Tried powering through for a bit, then decided to head home. Slept on the couch for about 2 hours, then felt kind of better (but still not great) for the rest of the day. I think I had a bowl of cereal for dinner since anything with spices or seasoning seemed too much for my stomach. Went to bed really early, felt fine on Wednesday morning.

I'd still argue as crappy as you felt, it's way better than what you would have gotten from covid, so don't let this scare you away from a booster in the future.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

A Fancy Hat posted:

Moderna's 2nd dose messed me up but not quite that bad. I got it at 4 pm on a Monday. Tuesday, felt okay enough to go into work. After about an hour I started getting chills, a little bit of nausea, and a slight headache. Tried powering through for a bit, then decided to head home. Slept on the couch for about 2 hours, then felt kind of better (but still not great) for the rest of the day. I think I had a bowl of cereal for dinner since anything with spices or seasoning seemed too much for my stomach. Went to bed really early, felt fine on Wednesday morning.

I'd still argue as crappy as you felt, it's way better than what you would have gotten from covid, so don't let this scare you away from a booster in the future.

I took PTO for 2 days when I got my second Moderna dose because of the stories I heard. Got it at ~4PM, didn't feel anything. By 2AM, which would have been midshift, my arm was so sore I couldn't lift it anymore. Felt kinda woozy, went to bed, woke up at about 5AM puking and shivering. Couldn't go back to bed because of aforementioned puking and shivering, also the fact that all of my skin being touched by anything but air was sore. Absolute loving misery. About 11AM I finally fell asleep, then I woke up at 3PM and felt like a million bucks, and had a 4 day weekend that only lost a day to being sick.

Never heard anyone else specifically go through that in that timeframe until a coworker told me her 17 year old daughter had exactly those side effects after getting Moderna #2.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

The only anti-vaxxer in my office got fired yesterday :toot:

Her termination was announced in a company-wide email which explicitly stated she's getting fired "due to her refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine, mandated by the company on September 8, 2021".

mkvltra fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 28, 2021

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

mkvltra posted:

The only anti-vaxxer in my office got fired yesterday :toot:

Her termination was announced in a company-wide email which explicitly stated she's getting fired "due to her refusal tog et the COVID-19 vaccine, mandated by the company on September 8, 2021".

I wish my company would announce something about this. We're in a red state where the governor has already ordered that companies can't ask for vaccination status, but we also work with federal programs, so...

Fortunately, my job can be done 100% from home, and while it's nice to save an hour on commuting every day, I want to feel safe going back into the office now and then.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Beartaco posted:

Sorry you're having a rough time, but as others have said that's probably still way preferable to actual covid. If the data shows boosters are effective I'd still consider getting one were I you.

I got body aches and chills with the second shot and felt tired for a day. The first shot didn't really do anything to me. I haven't gotten a third one so I'm kinda curious what the effects will be if/when I do.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Ccs posted:

My sister had a 106 degree fever from Pfizer second dose. I got Moderna and only got a slightly sore arm. Dunno if Pfizer generally has worse side effects or its just some people's immune system dislikes Pfizer more.

It's also anecdotes. Here are links to the vaccine information sheets for healthcare providers, which list side effects in the trials in test vs control populations:

Moderna: https://www.fda.gov/media/144637/download

Pfizer: https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

J&J: https://www.fda.gov/media/146304/download

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My F500 company of 90k-ish employees finally sent around an email saying that everyone has to submit proof of being vaccinated in Workday, and if you are vaccinated then you get $60/month discount on your health insurance. Unfortunately the stick side of the equation is only that if you are not vaccinated then someone will reach out later about testing requirements.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Beartaco posted:

Same thing happened to my girlfriend and I. We both got our 2nd Pfizer dose on the same day, the day before my birthday.

We got our shots at 10am and felt ok other than a sore arm. At 9pm it hosed out poo poo up big time. Fevers, headaches, full body aches. To fight the fever I was putting cold/wet washcloths and towels on out heads and wrists. It was the sickest I had been in a solid 15 years or so, it was utterly miserable.

The whole next day we were both still messed up. I looked and felt like a stepped on dog turd, then my family FaceTimed me to wish me a happy birthday etc.

But, the following day, aside from just feeling exhausted from the previous 24hrs of being unwell, we both felt fine.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Beartaco posted:

yes, with moderna. edibles, a TON of gatorade, and tylenol kept things..... well, still lovely, but more tolerable.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Classic Comrade posted:

yes, with moderna. edibles, a TON of gatorade, and tylenol kept things..... well, still lovely, but more tolerable.

Every adverse side effect story in this thread is still preferable to slowly suffocating in a COVID ward with a tube down your throat (and likely up your rear end and pee-hole).

Actually, if we publicized that last part a bit more, maybe more chuds would listen.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

466 cases in Ontario today, things are continuing to plateau/the 7 day average is slowly but steadily dropping. We're looking in line with the best case modelling predictions from over the summer (the worst case had us more in line with the horror show that is Alberta right now).

We're at 86.5% one shot, 81% fully vaxxed. Pretty much everything is open (indoor dining, gyms, event spaces, etc...) but with masking requirements and some capacity limitations indoors (with the exception of while eating and drinking). I'd say masking compliance outside on the street is lower though. Probably 60% where I am?

Schools are open, but with masking requirements (and supposedly HVAC upgrades but who knows how much was actually done). It's still a poo poo show since school aged children now account for the most cases per capita, but somehow hasn't kicked off the exponential growth in the wider population that opening schools did the last couple times they tried. Still stupid as hell they can't just distance learn for one more semester until kid shots are ready.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Beartaco posted:

That does just sound miserable. Mine was not as awful, but second Pfizer was definitely much worse than the first - aching bones and fever, just mild enough to still drag myself to my laptop and work.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Got Moderna 2nd shot back in February and it laid me out for a day with fever, chills, and shakes. I'll get the booster the second it is recommended and available.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I had chills/sweats and fatigue but no fever and then it went away instantly after a day on Moderna 2. I didn't have to work the next day so it wasn't a big deal.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Pfizer-2 made me feel like loving death for about 12 hours, but it was bizarre how quickly my body bounced back. Like, in about two hours I went from knocked on my rear end to doing yardwork.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I got Pfizer and had no problems, just a little sore in the shoulder (as if I’d worked out). Felt great most of the time.

Everyone I know reported about the same, so don’t let that dissuade you. One friend fainted because he was so nervous, which caused a scene

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
A coworker of mine was down for the count for 3 days after (Moderna?) dose 2. First one was no problem for him.

It's been said before, but it's crazy how wildly different some people's reactions are.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

i felt like boiled dogshit on my moderna shots, but then my wife gave me 2 tylenol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I specifically avoided drinking after my second Pfizer shot, because the first one gave me the worst headache I've had in years, and I didn't want to screw myself over in case I needed to take a shitload of tylenol/advil again.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yeah the fever is kicking in now but that's what tylenol is for

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I died for three whole days after my 2nd spikevax shot

Then I was reborn stronger than ever

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I didn't have a bad reacrion, worst was shot 2 with muscle aches and fatigue. 3 (if I did indeed get the real deal and not a placebo) was milder, sore injection site for a few days and fatigue one day.
So far no covid, at least that I've noticed. 10/10 would take as many boosters as they'll give me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

AKZ posted:

Got Moderna 2nd shot back in February and it laid me out for a day with fever, chills, and shakes. I'll get the booster the second it is recommended and available.

Just go get a 3rd shot from a pharmacy.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I'm unironically in support of this branding.

Get touched by God. Get your body transformed. Get SpikeVax.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Looking good!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AKZ posted:

it's recommended and available for anyone over 18 who works in public which means everyone except homers

and most homers still probably have to show up to the office if they get called in

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beartaco posted:

That's... that's how vaccines work.

You will feel like poo poo because your body is learning how to fight coronavirus. It is going through all the same steps it would but with the benefit the virus is not spreading to your lungs or trying to leave your body.

Now if you actually had coronavirus, you would get those symptoms times 5-10x worse PLUS your lungs would fill with fluid.

Flu shots are not as horrible because full on flu is not anywhere close to the symptoms of coronavirus. Which is why everyone saying the coronavirus is just the flu is just wrong

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
https://fakemaskusa2.com/

Guess this is a thing now. Absolutely disgusting.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AEMINAL posted:

https://fakemaskusa2.com/

Guess this is a thing now. Absolutely disgusting.

quote:

We've been cancelled, again. Our previous website fakemaskusa.com has been shut down. With that, our previous contact email was shut down as well. Our new contact email is fakemaskusa2@gmail.com, until we get cancelled again.

They will continue to cancel us, but we will never stop. Spread the word about our new website url fakemaskusa2.com!

Due to the IMMENSE amount of hatred we have received from the "tolerant left" our location and contact details are quite vague. If you need to contact us, love or hate related, please do so via the contact form here. We will get back to you asap. Unless you are a rude, non-customer... we only reply to haters when we're bored.

edit also

Name: Domain.com, LLC
Abuse contact email: compliance@domain-inc.net
Abuse contact phone: tel:+1.6027165396

edit to the edit

https://www.bigcommerce.com/contact/ is their DNS host. direct email address to get to their CS is trustandsafety@bigcommerce.com

Zil fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 28, 2021

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Where did this "tolerant left" come from

Just switch to Radical Murdering left already

*breathe Comfy, breathe... *

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I liked the "organized left" from that Brietbart article someone posted a few pages back as well. But "tolerant left" as an ironic name for anyone who opposes something obviously racist or stupid is old, I think maybe a Rush Limbaugh thing or at least used heavily in that circle, i.e. "so much for the tolerant left!" to conclude some monologue and reinforce the idea that the left is hypocritical I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
I used the form to send them an email.

It was not tolerant.