Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i love driving in the right lane with cruise control on at 55 mph, we gotta get some speed governors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

lobster shirt posted:

i love driving in the right lane with cruise control on at 55 mph, we gotta get some speed governors

rebel

Minrad posted:

passing on the right means reduced driver visibility and more crashes

on the other hand this means less cars so who can say if it's good or bad

modern cars have no visibility on any side

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think the funniest thing about my local subreddit is that half of the posts are about how horrible the drivers are (true) but also you get downvoted if you suggest people do things like "go the speed limit" and "leave appropriate following distance". it rocks, sharing the road with bad drivers who think that they are good drivers and everyone else is bad, really makes you feel safe.

hell there was a lawmaker proposal to lower the statutory unmarked speed limit, that is, the speed limit when no signs are up, from 35 to 25. this would mostly affect neighborhood streets. extremely unpopular! nothing can get in the way of getting up to full speed on a street where children are playing, asking anyone to go 25 is essentially cucking them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

i think the funniest thing about my local subreddit is that half of the posts are about how horrible the drivers are (true) but also you get downvoted if you suggest people do things like "go the speed limit" and "leave appropriate following distance". it rocks, sharing the road with bad drivers who think that they are good drivers and everyone else is bad, really makes you feel safe.

hell there was a lawmaker proposal to lower the statutory unmarked speed limit, that is, the speed limit when no signs are up, from 35 to 25. this would mostly affect neighborhood streets. extremely unpopular! nothing can get in the way of getting up to full speed on a street where children are playing, asking anyone to go 25 is essentially cucking them.

ban cars

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

vyelkin posted:

ban cars
woah now, don't be hasty. can we come to a compromise

what if we ban people

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmao this is a 110km/h (70mph) expressway in nz

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

me walking down one of the more pedestrian heavy streets as 3 f150s wiz past me a foot and a half awat at 60kph: i feel safe :)

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/sethmpk/status/1442517231640870912

The bull bars on the car are really the :discourse:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

this is my neighbor's house

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Grrrr.... maybe they should start FOLLOWING the RULES of the ROAD

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

what is this bastard notation? i guess good on you for trying to use metric (assuming you're american?)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Grrrr.... maybe they should start FOLLOWING the RULES of the ROAD

is this a quote from r/idiotsincars

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Sphyre posted:

the grass and weeds have infinitely more protection than the people riding bikes lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Polo-Rican posted:

the grass and weeds have infinitely more protection than the people riding bikes lol

gently caress

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
hire me new zealand

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

is this a quote from r/idiotsincars

its me whining about bicyclists always existing and causing all these problems

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sphyre posted:

lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

its me whining about bicyclists always existing and causing all these problems

it's a funny subreddit because that's all anyone ever says

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Fitzy Fitz posted:

this is my neighbor's house

lol poo poo like this makes me want to install bollards all around my house

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just want to say if cspam disappears, i had fun posting about miatas and stuff with you guys

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just want to say if cspam disappears, i had fun posting about miatas and stuff with you guys

they're not going to close cspam over a dude who hasn't posted since losing the bernie toxx

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/chron/status/1442894036382015494

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

No, you only hurt cyclists.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Is QCS going hog wild over some new dumb poo poo again?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
whats the coolest american car for under 6 figs to buy, im trying to convince rich in laws to do this

its the vette, right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Loucks posted:

Is QCS going hog wild over some new dumb poo poo again?

the goon who kept saying “why don’t we start shooting” in the cool zone thread last year shot at some proud boys as he ran away from a protest

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

indigi posted:

the goon who kept saying “why don’t we start shooting” in the cool zone thread last year shot at some proud boys as he ran away from a protest

link plz lol

Loucks
May 21, 2007

indigi posted:

Yeah, I went and looked at the thread. Pathetic, as always. I was under the impression that a bunch of armed white supremacists were chasing him at the time but I also don’t really knkw and saying “let’s go shoot some people!” is the dumbest poo poo.

Also the cool zone thread has always been mostly terrible.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://nypost.com/2021/09/27/antifa-member-benjamin-varela-charged-with-shooting-protester/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

dude is only charged with first degree assault, it’s good to be a white gun owner in America

Loucks
May 21, 2007

He should have just driven over them with a car if he wanted to get away with it. That would have been way deadlier than a pistol and it would have been written off as just another “accident.”

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

indigi posted:

dude is only charged with first degree assault, it’s good to be a white gun owner in America

first degree assault because he just fired a bullet around a corner at far off targets while he was fleeing with his fellow goobers

basically its only first degree assault because his highest chance of killing anyone were random bystanders

vyelkin edit: i replaced the photo here with a picture of a train just because

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Sep 28, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
please donot sully this obeautiful thread about hating cars with the latest cspam forums drama

thisthread is for posting about hatinc cars

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

please donot sully this obeautiful thread about hating cars with the latest cspam forums drama

good point - sorry - uhhh i think they look like that because they probably breathed in a lot of exhaust fumes bc of car culture

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

if he had biked to the protest this tragedy would never have occurred

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Do we hate motorcycles also? I hate cars but I do not hate motorcycles.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

if he had biked to the protest this tragedy would never have occurred

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

vyelkin posted:

here u go

https://nypost.com/2021/09/28/93-year-old-harley-rider-killed-when-bike-collided-with-car/

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

killed while riding his beloved hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

500excf type r posted:

Do we hate motorcycles also? I hate cars but I do not hate motorcycles.

yes very loud and annoying. cars < motorcycles < <<<<<<<< public transit < bikes